PDA

View Full Version : The problem with billiard club network as i see it

christopheradams
03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
The problem I see with the billiard club network web site is that they don't allow you to download the pool matches you can just watch them and thats it. For me personally, I like to watch pool in slow motion, pause it for position play, and go back to it again and again. I am not going to shell out hard earned money to watch a pool match once and never be able to see it again. I rather spend my money at accu-stats. Anyone else feel the same or has it been their experience that its worth the money to see the more recent matches in real time?

Rich R.
03-10-2005, 09:42 AM
The real problem with the Billiard Club Network is the #### that owns it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
03-10-2005, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> The problem I see with the billiard club network web site is that they don't allow you to download the pool matches you can just watch them and thats it. For me personally, I like to watch pool in slow motion, pause it for position play, and go back to it again and again. I am not going to shell out hard earned money to watch a pool match once and never be able to see it again. I rather spend my money at accu-stats. Anyone else feel the same or has it been their experience that its worth the money to see the more recent matches in real time? <hr /></blockquote>

Personally I just can't stand to watch anything on my PC and that's enough reason to not watch it.

BooBoo
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I have tv out on my computer. It goes through the computer to the vcr, to the tv. That's how I watched the DCC in 2004.

christopheradams
03-10-2005, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BooBoo:</font><hr> I have tv out on my computer. It goes through the computer to the vcr, to the tv. That's how I watched the DCC in 2004. <hr /></blockquote>

I have tv out too. All in wonder 9700. Love it! Its got tv in too(tv tuner). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I tried using the tv as a huge pc screen but the resolution is terrible and i had to have it at 640 x 480 to read anything and I had to have the accesiblity feature on. It worked but was still annoying. Works good for video though and for games too.

SpiderMan
03-10-2005, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote BooBoo:</font><hr> I have tv out on my computer. It goes through the computer to the vcr, to the tv. That's how I watched the DCC in 2004. <hr /></blockquote>

I have tv out too. All in wonder 9700. Love it! Its got tv in too(tv tuner). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I tried using the tv as a huge pc screen but the resolution is terrible and i had to have it at 640 x 480 to read anything and I had to have the accesiblity feature on. It worked but was still annoying. Works good for video though and for games too. <hr /></blockquote>

Why can't you just record the video as it's being fed out to your TV, ie using your VCR or one of those stand-alone DVD recorders?

SpiderMan

yegon
03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
there is software that can be used to record live streaming video. It needed some tweaking but I have succesfully used it to record USopen and DCC last year.

However there are so many pool videos on the net that I did not record anything since then, it is easier to just download something else.

wolfdancer
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Christopher, Re: tv to the computer...my old Pinnacle device does not work with XP...and I was going to try to get hooked up again...any suggestions?
My old boss subscribed to the BCN...and the monthly vids....sucked
A few games from each match, no continuity....I'll stick with my Accu-stats, esp. now that they are on DVD

christopheradams
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Christopher, Re: tv to the computer...my old Pinnacle device does not work with XP...and I was going to try to get hooked up again...any suggestions?
My old boss subscribed to the BCN...and the monthly vids....sucked
A few games from each match, no continuity....I'll stick with my Accu-stats, esp. now that they are on DVD <hr /></blockquote>

If it doesn't work with XP by your experience, I would try to see if the companies web site has an xp driver, if it just doesn't work with XP and it says so in the manual then you might want to pick up a copy of win 98 on ebay for a cheap price and install that on your computer. Your options are pretty limited with that device if its truly not xp compatible and if you don't want to install win98 then you might have to get a new device(all in wonder card, tivo with dvd recorder, or similar devices).

wolfdancer
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Christopher, thanks....Pinnacle does not support that device for XP...no upgrade drivers available...they do however have a new model. and I don't want to go backwards on my os
I don't know what a wonder card is....and is that the way to go, in your opinion?
Pinnacle allowed me to watch, record, set time to record, and play at different speeds.....does the wonder card have those features? thanks in advance

christopheradams
03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
You can do all that with the "all in wonder" card too. Its a tv tuner card that replaces your current vga video card in your pc. You may run into WinXp complications but should be able to get it to work after doing some tweaking/drive installing/downloading. If you want to avoid all Winxp problems all together, spend $399 and get the Tivo Dvd Recorder.

SPetty
03-12-2005, 06:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> The real problem with the Billiard Club Network is the #### that owns it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>I hate to say anything bad about someone who purportedly is trying to help pool, but yeah, he sure seems to be a ####.

For your nightmarish amusement:

http://www.pettypoint.com/pics/idiot.gif

recoveryjones
03-12-2005, 09:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote yegon:</font><hr> there is software that can be used to record live streaming video. It needed some tweaking but I have succesfully used it to record USopen and DCC last year.

However there are so many pool videos on the net that I did not record anything since then, it is easier to just download something else. <hr /></blockquote>

I've recently bought a dvd recorder for my TV and have it hooked in with my vcr.Next weekend my (computer geek) friend will be upgrading my computer with more ram, a new processor, motherboard, power box and a dvd burner bringing it to fully modern fast specs.

I'm also going to buy a video capture card.

I'd like to record those streaming video matches recorded on the internet and put them onto dvd for future viewing.You mentioned software that is needed for doing this smoothly.Can you tell me what software you've obtained to be able to succesfully record streaming video.Is it free and available online?

Also any info on video capture cards that anyone has would be appreciated as I want to make sure I'm fully hooked up to be able to record whatever the internet has to offer.Whatever info you guys can provide, I'll relay that info to my (computer geek) friend when he arrives next week and go on a computer upgrade spending spree.I want to make sure I get an adequate video capture card to perform the afformentioned tasks. Much appreciated.RJ

ps. RJ knows dick about computers.

yegon
03-12-2005, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote yegon:</font><hr> there is software that can be used to record live streaming video. It needed some tweaking but I have succesfully used it to record USopen and DCC last year.

However there are so many pool videos on the net that I did not record anything since then, it is easier to just download something else. <hr /></blockquote>

I've recently bought a dvd recorder for my TV and have it hooked in with my vcr.Next weekend my (computer geek) friend will be upgrading my computer with more ram, a new processor, motherboard, power box and a dvd burner bringing it to fully modern fast specs.

I'd like to record those streaming video matches recorded on the internet and put them onto dvd for future viewing.You mentioned software that is needed for doing this smoothly.Can you tell me what software you've obtained to be able to succesfully record streaming video.Is it free and available online?

Also any info on video capture cards that anyone has would be appreciated as I want to make sure I'm fully hooked up to be able to record whatever the internet has to offer.Whatever info you guys can provide, I'll relay that info to my (computer geek) friend when he arrives next week and go on a computer upgrade spending spree.I want to make sure I get an adequate video capture card to perform the afformentioned tasks. Much appreciated.RJ

ps. RJ knows dick about computers. <hr /></blockquote>

If you have a DVD recorder for the TV you do not need a video capture card for your PC. Recordings done by a TV DVD recorder are much better then those done on a capture card. The software I was referring to can be obtained here http://www.wmrecorder.com it can be used to record Windows media streams (as used by BCN for example). Note that it is not easy to save an online stream in some cases. BCN for example has a "so to say" protection against downloading their videos. I am an internet programmer so I had no trouble going around it but it may be difficult if you do not have experience with this.

christopheradams
03-12-2005, 01:05 PM
You might still need a dvd recorder on a pc to duplicate DVD's though. The TV Dvd recorders can do it if you hook up another DVD player to the a/v input but you can run into problems. Plus with PC DVD recorders dirt cheap, and Video capture cards also not too bad, why not go for it. Also if you plan to edit video in future from a camcorder, you can do that to.
One tip I found, don't burn too fast (use 1 x speed) or the lips will not match the audio at times. Think this problem has to do with processing speed of pc also.

DickLeonard
03-12-2005, 03:57 PM
RichR I expect a Royalty for using My ####.####

recoveryjones
03-12-2005, 09:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote yegon:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote yegon:</font><hr> there is software that can be used to record live streaming video. It needed some tweaking but I have succesfully used it to record USopen and DCC last year.

ps. RJ knows dick about computers. <hr /></blockquote>

If you have a DVD recorder for the TV you do not need a video capture card for your PC. Recordings done by a TV DVD recorder are much better then those done on a capture card. The software I was referring to can be obtained here http://www.wmrecorder.com it can be used to record Windows media streams (as used by BCN for example). Note that it is not easy to save an online stream in some cases. BCN for example has a "so to say" protection against downloading their videos. I am an internet programmer so I had no trouble going around it but it may be difficult if you do not have experience with this.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the link. I'll ask my computer friend to see if he can figure out how to get around and copying problems. Thanks for the info on capture cards.RJ

Rich R.
03-13-2005, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> RichR I expect a Royalty for using My ####.#### <hr /></blockquote>
Dick, you will receive exactly 20% of the profit I made, by using it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif