PDA

View Full Version : DVD Carom, Highspeed + Infrared, Ambient Sound

1robby
03-10-2005, 12:24 PM
FYI!

Right to the beginning of this year our DVD “Fascination Three-Cushion-Billiards / Highspeed & Infrared - Recordings, Ambient Sound” has been finished. This DVD actually is the result from works of nearly two years on the textbook from Andreas Efler (International Top-3-C-Billiards-Professional, Austria) and it contains as yet unpublished motion picture and sound. We want to show the difficultest discipline of Billiards from a new and different point of view. There is no speech on the DVD, only at about 11 ambient-soundtracks. For the background-sound we could win over Sascha Borovcanin from Swizerland. He has composed all the these tracks. There are also two Bonus-tracks showing exciting Highspeed – videos of soap-bubbles, water drops, chemical reactions, lighting matches and much more…

We have filmed with special highspeed-cameras (2000 Frames per Second, Color, Megapixel) and infrared-cameras (sensitivity 0,08 degrees celsius). The language of the Booklet and DVD is presently German, but we are yet working on an English version. It is on PAL-System, but it also plays on NTSC-DVD-Players in the USA (code-free). Maybe we also want to produce the NTSC-type. We have made all the workings by ourself including illumination, camera, cutting, authoring and artwork. The pressing has been finished by Sony DADC Austria (glass-mastering). The compressed Preview is in Windows-Media-9-Format, the original-files are in excellent MPEG-2-Quality!

With the aid of the highspeed-video-technology we could make visible the deformation of the leather and the cushion, furthermore the vibrating of the queue and much more...
With the real-time-infrared-technology and the radiometric data we could exactly measure the temperature ascendancies to the cloth and balls. We could also easily show the "jumping" of the balls (a well-known effect) with the infrared-technology!

Type: DVD-5
Format: PAL 4:3, 1.33:1
Sound: PCM Stereo
Subtitle: none
Speech: none
Genre: documentation, music, ambient
Duration: about 25 Minutes (main-sequence)
Bonus: 2 tracks with exciting Highspeed-Videos

There is a short preview at the website of www.caromtv.com (http://www.caromtv.com) (FreeViews) and at the high-speed video website of "Dr.Dave":

http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/high_speed_videos/new/HSVA-76.htm

Comments: It shows various super-slow-motion carom, jump, and kick shots filmed at 2000 frames/sec with a very high resolution, full color, high-speed camera. The clip also includes infrared videos showing how temperatures change dramatically on the ball and cloth during various types of shots. The clip is awesome. Check it out.

Further information to the textbook from Andreas is on www.bskunion.at (http://www.bskunion.at) (Remember: Only German notes)

Robert

Graz, Austria

PQQLK9
03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your work.

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1robby:</font><hr>... There are also two Bonus-tracks showing exciting Highspeed – videos of soap-bubbles, water drops, chemical reactions, lighting matches and much more… (so you see it is not only for billiard-professionals...)

<hr /></blockquote>Pool for pot heads!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1robby
03-10-2005, 01:49 PM
FauxKing!

I have deleted the note to the billiard-professionals!
Currently we have only made the German type, so i am very curious about the feedback for the englisch type and if someone is interested!
We have used the highspeedcamera very effectively, so i have added these awesome sequences to the DVD!

robert

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1robby:</font><hr> ...so i am very curious about the feedback for the englisch type and if someone is interested!<hr /></blockquote>I've worked in recording studios and a good bit with A/V over the years. I'd be happy to offer my feedback. Shoot me an email or PM if you're interested.

(ps: I promise to not smoke any weed while reviewing your DVD for critical opinion ... after that, all bets are off!)