PDA

View Full Version : The Secret to Pool?

SplinterHands
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Has anyone had any luck with these techniques? Sounds like it could get messy (especially #5). /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://www.azbilliards.com/tomsimpson/tom9.cfm

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Personally, I'm rather fond of #5: "Sphincter Release." I think you might be missing the point based on your messiness comment. This is not an issue of incontinence, anal sex or the "cream pie" video shot of recent online MP3 fame. Nossir, this has more to do with throttling the talkative sum'bitch who keeps running his mouth and psyching you out on league night (or when playing money games) You cannot pot your next shot until release your grip on the offending person's throat. Ergo the soon to be infamous "Sphincter Release."

#4: "Hanging Belly."
I tried that one the other night and my friend accused me of fouling. It seems that my happy little budda beer belly was pushing the balls on that end of the table all over the place. Not very sporting advice if ya ask me.

I am still laughing at the author's line, "We typically carry way more clench in our anuses than we need."

Did this guy actually *research* this?!?!?!

Tom Simpson: "Pardon me, do you mid if I insert this presure gauge in your anus???"

Patron: "Piss off, mate!"

TS: "Seriously, sir ... this is for some very important billiards research I am doing ..."

P: "If you and your butt probe don't get moving along I'm gonna show you an alternate use for this cue stick!"

Tom Simpson: ... walks off ... "Excuse me, ma'am ...."

<SLAP!>

Jude_Rosenstock
03-10-2005, 01:56 PM
The point of the article is finding something that is physically tense and learning to relax. I'm not so certain I'm sold on the body parts the author chooses to let go but the concept is real. Personally, I use my shoulders. I noticed over the weekend that my shoulders were hunched and I didn't even realize it. Regardless as to what you use, if tension is a problem for you, you need to learn how to relax and finding a physical reminder is always helpful. I'm not certain I would recommend one's belly but the point is one worth holding on to.

Jude M. Rosenstock

FauxKing
03-10-2005, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jude_Rosenstock:</font><hr> The point of the article is ... learning to relax.<hr /></blockquote>My point exactly!

tateuts
03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
I think they were right.

woo - woo

cheesemouse
03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
All I have to do is pretend I'm hunting ducks with a bow and arrow, sneaking up on the pond, not stepping on sticks with my moccosined feet, I shot all the ducks real quiet like w/o the other ducks noticing I'm even there. If I'm a good hunter my village eats good &amp;they sing songs of my prowess.

bsmutz
03-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I wear glasses (trifocals) and as they slip down on my nose, I have to wrinkle my nose to kind of push them up while I'm down in my shooting position. Occasionally I get self conscious about screwing my face up and I'll intentionally let it go. Seems like I miss every time I do that. Now, I try not to let it bother me.

christopheradams
03-10-2005, 05:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> I wear glasses (trifocals) and as they slip down on my nose, I have to wrinkle my nose to kind of push them up while I'm down in my shooting position. Occasionally I get self conscious about screwing my face up and I'll intentionally let it go. Seems like I miss every time I do that. Now, I try not to let it bother me. <hr /></blockquote>

I think i've seen Grady Mathews do this during a match. I was wondering why he was making weird faces down on the shot, this is probably why.

ras314
03-10-2005, 07:27 PM
And all this time I thought it was younger wimmen, older wiskey, faster cloth, and more money. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
03-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Jude,

I cannot remember who told me this - maybe Linda "Hurricane" Haywood - but they said that clenching the jaw was the first sign of tenseness. So they told me to make sure my mouth was either relaxed or open when shooting.

Barbara

bluey2king
03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Thank You for Sharing that!!!!
**ROTFLMAF***