PDA

View Full Version : Cover of BD and pools next superstar

mike6262
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
After reading this months Billiard Digest article about Gabe Owen, i was thinking who i would push as the superstar of pool. Much like the major sports use a particular players likeness in advertising. Most times the player getting the push is not the best player in his sport just the most marketable. With that in mind who would do you guys think would be a good "face" for pool.

PQQLK9
03-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Tony Robles

FastJoey
03-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Danny Basavich..not many kid around and smile like him.....

Popcorn
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
He could do a weight watchers spot. I'm not kidding all he woud need would be an agent.

FastJoey
03-11-2005, 12:42 AM
he could also do Subway sandwich commercials !!!!!!

mike6262
03-11-2005, 07:17 AM
I think both Basavich and Robles are great choices. I think Cory Duel would be a great choice but does'nt have the personality of Kid Delisicious or Robles. I think Basavich wold be great because i think he would evoke the feeling of you either love him or hate him. And Robles..... you got to like this guy.

Rich R.
03-11-2005, 07:48 AM
Danny and Tony are outstanding choices. I wouldn't go for Corey, but that is just my personal opinion.
You have to consider Gabe Owen, with that baby face, in the mix and let's not forget Alex Pagulayan, with that great smile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-11-2005, 08:10 AM
And you know, Danny is actually not that bad looking either. I think he's kinda cute! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif If you really look at him, he's easy on the eyes and his outgoing personality makes him the more attractive. Imagine what he'd be like if he shed a couple of pounds. And he can play some!

Tony is hot too, (actually, any guy I date is hot so that's a given!) and he's super nice and extremely approachable which I can't really say about a lot of other players. Oh yeah, he can shoot some too!

jjinfla
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
Tony is hot too, (actually, any guy I date is hot so that's a given!) <hr /></blockquote>

Do I take that to mean that you dated Tony?

And Danny could do a Rodney Dangerfield impersonation. When he rolls his eyes.

Maybe he should drop the Mickey D's and switch to Subway and then get them to sponsor him.

Jake

9 Ball Girl
03-12-2005, 04:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Do I take that to mean that you dated Tony?
<hr /></blockquote>Um yeah for about 1.5 years.