PDA

View Full Version : Taking off decal

cheesemouse
03-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I have a cheap Players cue and I have some time on my hands today. Is there an easy way to strip the decal off this thing...I'm just curious to see the wood under the decal. I could careless about this cue. Help me if you can before I get out the 120 grit sandpaper.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
got any wallpaper stripper?

wally <~~ hasn't got a clue /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi ya Cheese,

Get some "Goo Gone" they sell it at walgreens or any hardware store. I use it on so many things. It's neat that it comes in handy.

Regards,

C.C.~~under $2.00 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
03-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks Chris,

I'm on my way out the door...hey, your sounding good....

Chris Cass
03-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks Cheese,

That's cause I get all happy when I see you post. I look like death warmed over with all the weight loss and this morning I cut myself bigtime doing the dishes. LOL Called Heide to take me to the hospital. Thought I was going to bleed to death. I just had some platlets installed and the good thing was I did form a clot. HORRAY. Anyway, the Dr. like 26 yrs old asked me if I wanted it stitched or glued. I told him to glue it. I could care less what it looks like with everything else. LOL

I feel pretty good today and that's a good thing.

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't have to do dishes anymore. Heide made them off limits. hahahahahha How can I hurt myself vacumming? hahahahahahahahaha

cheesemouse
03-12-2005, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Thanks Cheese,

That's cause I get all happy when I see you post. I look like death warmed over with all the weight loss and this morning I cut myself bigtime doing the dishes. LOL Called Heide to take me to the hospital. Thought I was going to bleed to death. I just had some platlets installed and the good thing was I did form a clot. HORRAY. Anyway, the Dr. like 26 yrs old asked me if I wanted it stitched or glued. I told him to glue it. I could care less what it looks like with everything else. LOL

I feel pretty good today and that's a good thing.

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't have to do dishes anymore. Heide made them off limits. hahahahahha How can I hurt myself vacumming? hahahahahahahahaha <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,

It doesn't sound like you are exactly a domestic deva...LOL...Sounds like Hiede is looking after you pretty good.

Anyway, I have to bitch you out some. Why did you send me off on that worthless journey for that Goo Gone crap? That stuff wouldn't take lipstick off a drinking glass....LOL To think I wasted two hours waiting for this stuff to do it's thing. I thought it was some kind of stripper type stuff. I reread the directions over and over thinking Chris wouldn't give me a bum steer...would he? Once I figured out it is just somekind of soap I got out the razor blade and put some sweat equity into the Player cue. Now it doesn't look like some cheap piece of crap cue but rather a cheap cue that a chipmonk has sharpened his teeth on...I swear I now have pride of ownership and the stick plays much better than before.

I won't be coming to you for any housecleaning advice....Later buddy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Cheese,

If your taking off a decal, (depending on what kind)(water or windex works sometimes) denatured alcohol works well with gum type adhesive labels. Pull off a the paper and it leaves the glue. If the paper won't come off use a rag and soak it with denatured alcohol. Once it loosens a little then pull off more paper etc. The alcohol will remove the adhesive and will never harm the finish. JAT even though it's a little late. LOL

Rod

PQQLK9
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
I think he is talking about decorative decals. (as in artificial points and inlays)

ChuckR
03-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Why don't you go the other direction and just wrap the entire cue in duct tape? What a sharking technique!!!

cheesemouse
03-12-2005, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I think he is talking about decorative decals. (as in artificial points and inlays) <hr /></blockquote>

Those are the ones I'm talking about.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheesemouse
03-12-2005, 07:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> Why don't you go the other direction and just wrap the entire cue in duct tape? What a sharking technique!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Not a bad idea...I do have a case I made out of PVC pipe and duct tape....and socks.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Good Luck! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Patience