PDA

View Full Version : Back In San Jose (again lol)

wantsumrice
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey guys,

I'm back in San Jose for sping break (2-3 weeks). Are there any other players in the area, besides troy? lol

I heard at a local pool hall that there's a pro named "Eric" that shoots at Santa Clara Billiards...

wolfdancer
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
That would probably be Eric Harada......good player, and one of the instructors at Bob Jewett's pool academy....and nice guy.
Eric has a 108 USPPA avg (Harada #633)....anything near, or over 100 is excellent.
From the USPPA database, you can check on any of the local players before you put up your tuition $$, on a "friendly" wager.
California Billiards in Mountainview, is close by...good tournament play there...even one on sundays

lord_shar
03-11-2005, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr> Hey guys,

I'm back in San Jose for sping break (2-3 weeks). Are there any other players in the area, besides troy? lol

I heard at a local pool hall that there's a pro named "Eric" that shoots at Santa Clara Billiards... <hr /></blockquote>

I live in the San Mateo/Foster City area. San Jose is only about 30 minutes away. Too bad I can't shoot as well as I drive /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wantsumrice
03-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh ok, cool. Although, I haven't heard really good things about Cali Billiards...apparently the owner is a dick lol. A bunch of players at Santa Clara were complaining about how poorly he treats people.

wolfdancer
03-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I like Chet Ito, the owner, but someone else here, posted negatively, about him.

wantsumrice
03-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I was talkin to the guy who worked at the front desk of SC Billiards, and he said he heard a lot of players talkin beef about Ito, and it today marks his 5th day on the job lol.

Troy
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Aside from treating customers like crap, Chester Ito treats his staff even worse. He won't even give you a glass of water unless you buy some food and there are no refills on a cup of coffee.

I don't think Santa Clara Billiards has any "pro" players on a regular basis. Neither does Campbell Billiards

Troy...~~~ Works day shift at Campbell Mon, Tues &amp; Wed.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I like Chet Ito, the owner, but someone else here, posted negatively, about him. <hr /></blockquote>

wantsumrice
03-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey, maybe I'll make a trip down to Campbell's tues afternoon... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif