PDA

View Full Version : March Inside Pool

JMD in VA
03-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Has anyboby gotten theirs yet? No one in the Richmond area that I know of has gotten theirs yet. Not even the retailers. Just checking around!

Hello guys and gals out there in CCB land!

Hope all is well!

JMD in VA
Countin Down to the 30th US Open and the 4th CCB tournament!
Doesn't get any better than that!

JimS
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Not in Galesburg Il. yet either.

christopheradams
03-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Did you read my post on the inside pool forum regarding this? March issue of IP problem (http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=16299&page=0&view=collaps ed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1)

Barbara
03-12-2005, 06:47 AM
JMD,

Inside Pool is not a 12-issue magazine. They put out 10 issues per year (I think) and I'm not sure what their publishing schedule is.

Barbara

SPetty
03-12-2005, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>Inside Pool is not a 12-issue magazine. They put out 10 issues per year (I think) and I'm not sure what their publishing schedule is.<hr /></blockquote>Good point, Barbara.

In 2003, they put out a May-June issue and a July-August issue. Same thing in 2004.

However, the downloadable version of March is now available (but it is no longer free /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), so I would expect the print version would be out on time as well.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi Josh.

I can't answer your question but I was reading an article about Rodney Morris at the Mosconi Cup and I wish IP would consider their reader demographics before printing small black type on a burgundy background.

Wally &lt;~~ going blind

jjinfla
03-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Inside Pool is published monthly except June and August.

Jake

JimS
03-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I still don't have my March issue and I can't decipher whether some do and/or some don't or what the hell???????

PQQLK9
03-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't have mine either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm still waiting too. I did get the email that the March issue is downloadable and I used to be able to just download it but now it looks like you have to pay? I thought that if you were already a subscriber that you didn't have to pay.

GeraldG
03-13-2005, 08:38 PM
A lot of people are in the same boat. They said that they had some problems with distribution to certain zip codes this month. They said that they would have the problem rectified in a few days, but didn't elaborate on whether they would be sending out the missing issues or if they would just have the problem fixed for the April issue.

For what it's worth, I didn't get the March issue of BD either.

9 Ball Girl
03-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I guess I'll have to pick one up in Valley Forge.

John_Madden
03-13-2005, 11:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I guess I'll have to pick one up in Valley Forge. <hr /></blockquote>
4 MORE DAYS - I will be exhibiting for the first time - getting excited - sounds like there are a lot of nice people from the forum that are as excited about Valley Forge as I am. Excited since I have built cues for VF that are different than cues I have done in the past - hope they are liked (one has a butt that as a 420 degree inlay) - wish I was playing - I guess this year its business - maybe I can play next year.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I got mine yesterday. More specifically, I got 2.

At the DCC you could get a 6-month scrip and a t-shirt for $20. I asked specifically if I could extend my current scrip by 6 months for the same deal and explained especially specifally to the specific booth attendant exactly what I wanted to do, specifically and exactly.

I suppose it did not get done.

I hear they throw a nice party though. Maybe that will keep them in business, he said sarcastically.

Sorry Sally, I'm going to keep busting y'alls chops until you get it right. It's for your own good you know.

It's an excellent mag though.

jjinfla
03-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Mine arrived today. In Florida I have become accustomed to slow mail.

Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> Mine arrived today. In Florida I have become accustomed to slow mail.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Why is that? Is it delivered by little old men wearing those goofy hats driving Cadillacs? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimS
03-22-2005, 02:12 PM
It's March 22nd and I've not received the March issue. I called twice last week and left messages at extension 234. No replies.

Today I called twice to 888-428-7665 and got no answer. No answer at all, no machine....no answer...nobody home. Hmmm.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Today I called twice to 888-428-7665 and got no answer. No answer at all, no machine....no answer...nobody home. Hmmm. <hr /></blockquote>

they're recuperating from the party

christopheradams
03-22-2005, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> It's March 22nd and I've not received the March issue. I called twice last week and left messages at extension 234. No replies.

Today I called twice to 888-428-7665 and got no answer. No answer at all, no machine....no answer...nobody home. Hmmm. <hr /></blockquote>

One tip in calling inside pool is to press "0" or other ext when you get an answering machine. It will redial the number and start ringing again. This tip has saved me much frustration in waiting for IP to call me back(they never have). Another tip is to call the main number and go through the numbers like you are a new subscriber, they usually pick up the phone for new subscriber$$$$$$$$$$$. Then you get a live person.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> One tip in calling inside pool is to press "0" or other ext when you get an answering machine. It will redial the number and start ringing again. This tip has saved me much frustration in waiting for IP to call me back(they never have). Another tip is to call the main number and go through the numbers like you are a new subscriber, they usually pick up the phone for new subscriber$$$$$$$$$$$. Then you get a live person. <hr /></blockquote>

that's pretty funny. they make you jump thru hoops in order to give them your money.

christopheradams, I don't know how old you are but there was a time when human beings answered phones, believe it or not.

PQQLK9
03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I remember when there was no dial on the phone and when you picked up the receiver the OPERATOR asked "number please"?. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pizza Bob
03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
WOW! You really ARE old!!! &lt;g&gt;

Adios,

Pizza Bob &lt;--No spring chicken, but even I'm not that old.

ChuckR
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
And we had party lines where quite a number of different people had to share the same number. You never had any privacy since they all could listen in on your conversation!!!

pooltchr
03-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Nick,
We had a 3 digit phone number when I was little!

Hey, call me...I have your spotted cue ball!!!!!!
Steve

JimS
03-22-2005, 09:26 PM
We had 5 digit numbers and the little town down the road had 3 digit. We had to dial 0 and talk to a long distance operator to call long distance...even just 10 miles down the road. "Operator I want to call 457 in Abingdon Il." No area codes.

I still don't have my dammed Inside Pool and am participating in hijacking this thread! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

catscradle
03-23-2005, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JMD in VA:</font><hr> Has anyboby gotten theirs yet? No one in the Richmond area that I know of has gotten theirs yet. Not even the retailers. Just checking around!

Hello guys and gals out there in CCB land!

Hope all is well!

JMD in VA
Countin Down to the 30th US Open and the 4th CCB tournament!
Doesn't get any better than that! <hr /></blockquote>

came in the mail while I was at SBE.

GeraldG
03-23-2005, 03:51 PM
I got my IP today. My March BD came Monday. I'm a happy camper now...

PQQLK9
03-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks Steve, I will call you. Just got home after being in FL since last week and my Inside Pool Mag was waiting for me. FWIW /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I guess it's time for me to call the IP office 'cause I ain't get $hit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

thepoolnerd
03-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Maybe it's coming with the free DVD that they promised me 2 years ago.

Eric.
03-23-2005, 06:44 PM

christopheradams
03-23-2005, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Did you read my post on the inside pool forum regarding this? March issue of IP problem (http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=16299&amp;page=0&amp;view=collaps ed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=1) <hr /></blockquote>

Looks like my post got deleted, along with any other negative post about IP. I can see deleting posts were people are swearing at other people or similair posts but think they've taken it a little far with some of the posts that have mysteriously disapeared.

JimS
03-24-2005, 04:52 AM
this is the 24th and still no March issue. Calls not returned. No class.

GeraldG
03-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Jim,
I think that they were so overwhelmed with calls and emails that it was just impossible to answer them all and still have time to get the problem fixed and the magazines out. From what I understand, they were having problems with a large portion of their total circulation. You should (hopefully) get it soon, most people have been getting theirs over the last few days.

I agree with Christopher too...I find it odd that they would delete threads regarding this problem from their forum. Since they obviously can't respond to everyone's emails and phone calls, they could have used those threads to keep everyone informed.

&lt;trying to give IP the benefit of the doubt&gt;

jjinfla
03-24-2005, 06:36 AM
My issue arrived a couple days ago and the quality is as great as ever. Since I only read a few articles a day I hope the April issue is delayed too.

Not addressing the problem for the delay, either here or on their website, does not bode well for the future of the magazine. I'm sure the magazine has deadlines and it is obviouus somewhere along the line the deadlines were not met. If it was a one time occurrence, a minor problem, I would have expected some sort of explanation by the Editor. Since none was made I have to wonder if there are more serious problems.

Anyway, we have a week left to enjoy the March issue before we start wondering when the April issue will come out.

But in the scheme of things I really don't think I will lose any sleep over this. Not receiving IP does not weigh mightly on my brain.

Jake

JimS
03-24-2005, 07:11 AM
I haven't used their discussion forum very much but I did post a thread about the March issue and I think it to was deleted. As you said, they could have used the forum to try to provide an explanation to their customers as to why we have not gotten the item we paid for. We have an agreement, a contract, a promise, and they ain't livin up to it....at least not in this circumstance. So instead of creating an understanding relationship with me, by simply answering my questions they've totally ignored me/us and consequently I've lost my belief in their integrity.

Cane
03-24-2005, 08:45 AM
Got my March issue yesterday... good reading about the DCC, nice to see an Oklahoma boy win the DCC Bank Pool... It was also nice to see in their TV schedule, the dates and times of all of the television coverage for March that I missed. Other than that, it's a pretty good issue.

I don't know what their problem is, but every other publication I receive, I got the March issues in February.

Later,
Bob

BigRigTom
03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Still haven't received mine either. I like to read a little bit at a time too ... maybe it will come today /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cologuy
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
I still have not received mine either - after numerous emails and phone messages to their customer service area. Have not received a reply to any. My posts on the IP boards are also immediately deleted, although not really that negative - just asking for assistance.

christopheradams
03-24-2005, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cologuy:</font><hr> I still have not received mine either - after numerous emails and phone messages to their customer service area. Have not received a reply to any. My posts on the IP boards are also immediately deleted, although not really that negative - just asking for assistance. <hr /></blockquote>

My post wasn't negative either. Very surprized at some of the posts that were deleted(mine an others). Even ones that had nothing to do with March issue problem, just service levels in general and other things. I seen a post on for a minute or 2, hit refresh, and it was gone.

Perk
03-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Received mine yesterday. VERY good issue. Kinda stinks this one was late, since I had the "last issue/renew subscription" card in it. Wonder if I will get it renewed in time to receive my next months in a timely fashion.

Still love the magazine.

mworkman
03-25-2005, 08:49 AM
I still haven't got mine yet... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm not renewing even tho' I like the magazine, unless they get thier crap together.

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2005, 08:53 AM
I still haven't received mine either. I've already read it though 'cause I picked one up in Valley Forge. I'd better get the Super Billiards Expo issue 'cause I always look forward to that one.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ...I'd better get the Super Billiards Expo issue 'cause I always look forward to that one. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, you can have one of mine. They are sending me duplicates now /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm surprised Sally hasn't responded to this thread.

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey Wally, when I won the 1 year subscription in Virginia from our CCB tourney, I started to get duplicates because they combined the win with my regular subscription. I wound up calling them, explained my win, and then everything was ok. Now, my regular subscription, I believe, expired in Feb and thatís when Iím hoping the win kicks in. Maybe I havenít gotten my March issue because Iím expired? In any case, Iím going to call them right now and find out.

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 10:31 AM
I think the magazine is great and I was planning to subscribe at VF. But with all the trouble in distribution, I had second thoughts and didn't do it. On the other side of the coin, my Billiards Digest and Pool &amp; Billiard mags never get to me before the middle of the month. Especially P&amp;B mag that a diagram of the VF floors. It came after the fact.

DG - sometimes we're at the mercy of UPS or any other shipping company

SPetty
03-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Also remember, though, that there's an option of a downloadable version each month. They used to provide it free, this month they started charging a buck for it. You download it to your computer in PDF format to read at your pleasure. Or, you can print it yourself if you want a printed copy.

I'd be curious to know how many people paid for this month's download. (No, I'm not asking if anyone here did, I just wonder what the number is.) It did have several errors in it (duplicate pages and whatnot) which might have been what caused the delay in shipping.

jjinfla
03-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Those of us who didn't complain, didn't write nasty e-mails to them, or post on their message board complaining about the issue being late, have all received our copies while you disgruntled subscribers are still waiting for yours. Keep in mind that they now know who you are and you may never see another issue.

Patience is a virtue.

Jake

JimS
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
I finally got mine today, the same day I got the April BD.

And Jake....going public or complaining is not wrong when a entity is not living up to the conditons of the contract. Patience is one thing. Expecting someone with whom you have entered into a contract to live up to that contract is not lack of patience. People with integrity do what they have agreed to do or at least try to make it right. Inside Pool not only didn't bother to even explain they went so far as to delete the posts that asked about their lack of performance. No class!

You are wrong Jake.

BigRigTom
03-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Well Jims and Jake,
The mail just came and I still DON'T have my March issue.
I'm going to complain again.
Just my way of dealing and I too think people should live up to the terms of their commitments.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
It's sort of like a rude waitress...she does not deserve a tip if she can not wait on a customer and provide the pleasant interaction that a resturant patron is seeking and paying for....many of them think it is a given that you will add 20% or more and they are not obligated to do anything for it...they actually EXPECT it regardless of their own performance.

Ives
03-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Got mine last night. Well worth the wait. Not ready to give up on them yet.Things happen in a small business.

My only beef was the lack of response from the staff. I could never get them to return a single phone call or email. Everyone was probably at the Expo getting hammered. Wish I was there with them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 02:04 PM
I could download it but I want it printed to read wherever I want. I don't want to print 40-50 pages or more. As of now, I'll get the issues at Valley Forge.
Duane

Barbara
03-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Not true. I haven't received mine and I haven't made a complaint until now.

I want my copy, dammit!

Barbara

jjinfla
03-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Ohhh Barbara, Your copy was just about to go out and now you will have to wait a bit longer. It is not nice to PO mother Sally.

A 20% tip? That will get you yesterdays coffee.

Jake