PDA

View Full Version : One pocket rules...

tito
03-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone.-

I would like to know if theīre any link where I can find the rules of one pocket to print them. Iīm not interesting in books, only the rules, because I donīt know how to play it.

I visit a lot of websites and I canīt find anything.

I hope you can help me, I try to find it here on " Search " but nobody put the rules on the BD forum.

thanks for all.

Candyman
03-12-2005, 10:35 AM
http://onepocket.org/index.html
Check this site out. cman

Vagabond
03-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Hi Tito,
Where in Spain are ?Are there any one ,besides u ,interested in one pocket? Tell us some thing about pool in Spain.
By the way Onepocket.org is an excellent place that gives u lot of info besides the rules.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tito
03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks Cman, Vagabond, Iīm from Canary Island, Iīm interesting in one pocket to practice it, I have just read the book: Precision Pool from Gerry kanov and Shari Stauch, the book said the one pocket is a really imaginative play, the book Play your best pool said that to play one pocket well you need to be skilled at position play, safeties, kick shot, bank shots and reading the table, so itīs sounds really good to practice. I usually practice with drills, nine ball and straight but I would like to add one pocket to my practice, Iīm sure that if I add more different exercises that help my game to become better, I think so!.

I speak with Jim from accu-stats if they have DVDs of straight pool, 8-ball ... but they only have 9-ball, thatīs donīt like to me so much so I hope they add someday more variety of DVDs and not only 9-ball. Iīm waiting to the answers from worldpool.com too.

Here in Spain only play 8-ball and 9-ball on oficial tournaments and leagues but I play with some friends tournaments of straight and I hope to play one pocket too some day.

really thanks for the information.

Best Regards, juan hdez.

Bob_Jewett
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tito:</font><hr> ... I speak with Jim from accu-stats if they have DVDs of straight pool, 8-ball ... but they only have 9-ball, thatīs donīt like to me so much so I hope they add someday more variety of DVDs and not only 9-ball. Iīm waiting to the answers from worldpool.com too.... <hr /></blockquote>
It's possible to get US-format tapes translated to the European format. Accu-stats has lots of VHS/NTSC tapes of the other games. In the US, it costs about $60 for the translation, unfortunately. They also have DVDs of 3-cushion billiards.

Are there any tape players that will translate to the different TV formats? That would allow you to avoid paying for translation, and would be worthwhile if you got a collection of tapes.

Deeman2
03-14-2005, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> Are there any tape players that will translate to the different TV formats? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, When I lived in Europe, GM bought us recorders that played both. I remember they were expensive but I brought mine home so I could play the tapes I made in Europe. I believe Sony made mine.

Deeman

tito
03-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Hello Bob, I donīt have problems to watch your NTSC format on my videoplayer, as Ralf Souquet told the todayīs videoplayer donīt have any problems, that was on the older videoplayers, but I prefer DVDs format, the quality is better than PAL/NTSC.

I hope they add DVDs of 8-ball, straight, one pocket and not only 9-ball. The DVDs is the future, Iīm not interesting on tapes of pool only dvds.

Thanks Bob for your interesting.

Bob_Jewett
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tito:</font><hr>... The DVDs is the future, Iīm not interesting on tapes of pool only dvds.... <hr /></blockquote>
I agree with you, but the problem with DVDs is that to make them in quantity there is still a very large up-front charge. I think that if that comes down, you may see more older DVDs from Accu-stats.