PDA

View Full Version : BCA qualifier Gotham Billiards,NJ

CarolNYC
03-13-2005, 04:27 AM
10 players showed:
Results so far:
Winners side:
Wendy Hans vs. Bev Ashton (twin from Canada)Good player!:)

Losers side:

Val Finnie vs. Ellen Van Buren
Miyuki Sakai vs. Karen (I think-a local girl)

They start today at 12 pm!
Carol:)

Vagabond
03-13-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi Carol,
I like VanBuren.She is funny with her face and body gestures after the shot.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
03-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Carol- Karen lost to Miyuki late yesterday and Miyuki was on the losers side, no?

jjinfla
03-13-2005, 12:08 PM
I heard that Wendy Jans won her match and is in the hot seat.

I watched Ellen play a couple weeks ago and she sure can get testy. Had the TD at her table several times trying to calm things down and regain order.

Jake

Nostroke
03-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Wendy Jans wins it! Wendy played well all tournament and beat Miyuki handily (9-4?)to take the Q'r and $500 spending money in Vegas.

Ellen lost to Miyuki and was as quirky as usual. The Canada twins are playing solid and are now going to concentrate on the 9 footers and getting on tour. They are a very fun, outgoing likable duo and i look forward to seeing them again.

jjinfla
03-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Wendy will fly back to Holland then fly back here to play in the spirit next week then back to Holland then back here for the WPBA. That could be expensive.

Jake

Nostroke
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Wendy plans to play in every spirit tour event, win it and get to the the WPBA that way. She has a good plan and i think realistically only Debbie Schjodt stands in her way.

jjinfla
03-13-2005, 07:38 PM
And Tracie Hines and Jeannie Seaver and Bonnie coats
Unfortunately last time she had to play Sarah Ellerby and Jeannie Seaver.

Jake

Nostroke
03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Jake-Tracie and Jeannie are ranked touring pros already so they are not eligible to win the spots as i understand it. I forgot about Bonnie but im not sure she will be able to hang with Wendy. Time will tell.

CarolNYC
03-14-2005, 03:50 AM
Thanks Dave!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Hey Jake,
[ QUOTE ]
Wendy Jans won her match and is in the hot seat <hr /></blockquote>

GOOD FOR HER! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carol

CarolNYC
03-14-2005, 04:01 AM
Congratulations to Wendy!What a great job,considering the travelling she did-she deserves it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy 1st
Miyuki-2nd
Bev-3rd
Ellen-4th
Joanne/Val-5/6th?

2nd for Miyuki wasnt to shabby-700!Good job!

[ QUOTE ]
They are a very fun, outgoing likable duo and i look forward to seeing them again. <hr /></blockquote>

Absolutely!Alot of fun!

See ya at the Expo!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-14-2005, 08:36 AM
I do not post on AZ billiards, but there seems to be some controversy about what occurred!
Well, as briefly as I can:
The brackets were put straight down a row from top-1-10
We all played the first match-now you have 5 winners,5 losers-impossible-they didnt use a 16 field and fill in byes!
If it wasnt for Wendy noticing the chart was wrong, who knows what would've happened!
For the next 2 hours,we're at a standstill,phonecalls are being made-to be honest with you-outta control!
I called Allen &amp; Dawn and by that time,Ellen and John (the owner) were set on receiving a fax from the BCA on correcting the chart!
When we received the fax, 3 winners got byes and 3 losers got byes,so one match played on losers,one on winners and even then,a few players were upset-(unfortunately, I was in the losers bracket and Gina and I had to compete-by this time, I just wanted to play and get it over with cause now its almost 3 o'clock-)I moved on with a 9-8 over Gina- moved on to play Ellen -Ellen won 9-7.We ended at 7:30pm
To me , a 10 player field should be done in no time-one day!
As far as Im concerned, this was a learning experience for us all-hopefully,in the future, poolroom owners will have SOME experience in running a tournament before they accept the responsibilties of it!
Carol~glad its over /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
03-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I guess many people never bother to look at the charts and just wait to hear their name called. That is the only reason I can think of for someone not noticing the error.

But using a 16 player chart if you fill in the odd numbers, that's 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15, for those of you in Gov't schools, that takes care of 8 players. If you have 9 he goes in #2. 10th player in #10. 11th in #6 and 12th in #14. Then fill in 4, 16, 8 &amp; 16.

Random draw of course.

We had one guy try to run a tournament with 9 players. He put himself in the 9th spot. Of course we didn't let him get away with that because he would get 3 byes with a guaranteed 3rd place finish minimum.

Jake