PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the Pool Forum Addict. Mine and your tips

christopheradams
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Post some tips to help the Pool forum, video, web sites, and other addict. I found a few that are helpful. What are yours?
1. Don't leave the forum website open on your computer. Close it out when you are done checking or posting for the day. It makes it only slightly harder to open the web site and navigate to the forum section but it does help slightly.

2. Try to only check or post once per day and a few times on days off of work

3. Copy and paste to save time.

4. Plan ahead of time what you will post and stick to that. Don't read posts and get ideas and post things on that. Save that for another day.

5. Set a limit on time you will browse Pool related things online for the day. 1/2 hour, 1 hour or whatever. Stick to it.

6. Set limit to how many posts you would want to post for the day.

7. Shut down computer when your time allotment of pool browsing is done for the day.

These are some things I've found that might help or have helped. I basically just close everything out and don't use the computer when i'm done for the day. I do find myself saying, "I'll just go check my email and check out the forums real quick" and then a half hour later I wonder why I don't have any time left /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. So I am working on it. Any help from others would be appreciated and hope some people find my basic tips useful.

jjinfla
03-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Why?

Jake

wantsumrice
03-13-2005, 08:05 PM
lol You're joking right...

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 05:57 AM
To improve your game it does take time at the table and since time is limited for most people it can be good to limit time on the computer.

LARRY_BOY
03-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Thanks mom.....

Rich R.
03-14-2005, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> To improve your game it does take time at the table and since time is limited for most people it can be good to limit time on the computer. <hr /></blockquote>
Trust me, my time at the computer does not take any of my time away from the pool table.
If you don't believe me, just ask my boss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

SecaucusFats
03-14-2005, 08:12 AM
This sounds like a solution looking for a non-existent problem.

cheesemouse
03-14-2005, 09:55 AM
#8 For every post/reply you make to a pool message board you owe one hours worth of boring drill time....That will turn you into a champion....eheheeheee /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The cheese heads for the table....

Popcorn
03-14-2005, 10:10 AM
The spontaneity of this forum is what I like the most. People sit down and post what is on their minds many times without too much thought. It makes it real and less contrived. The way you want to do it takes all the fun out. lighten up. I understand time management and may even be a little fanatical about it myself, often there aren't enough hours in the day. But recreation and mental distractions are also important . The trick is to know when to work within a structure and when to just free yourself up to do anything regardless.

It is like vacation time, many people go on a vacation and need a vacation when they come home. I know where you are coming from though. If we all turned off the TV and used our computers just the minimum, eliminated all needless time wasting activities we would free up enough time make more money, have the nicer house, cleanest yard, car waxed, get more education and so on. Problem is, when are you going to live. I find it relaxing to sit down at the computer and even if what I am doing may seem mindless at times, it has a value in the course of my day. I like to take a nap in the afternoon. Some would think I'm wasting time or I'm lazy when they call and my wife says he's sleeping can I take a message. The truth is, it may be the best use of my time, at the time. It makes me more productive the rest of the day, I have always taken naps in the daytime. Even when I was working construction, I was a crane operator and would put my feet up and sleep in the crane during my lunch hour. Sleep is never a waste of time by the way.

BigRigTom
03-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Yep...the nap idea is a really good one. I like them too!

jjinfla
03-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Yep, naps are good. Never used to take them and thought they were stupid when I was a little kid but now even industry recommends them and many places have quiet rooms.

Einstein reportedly took cat naps throughout the day.

Jake

wantsumrice
03-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Because of naps, my #2 favorite place to be is in my bed...needless to say #1 is at the table.

wolfdancer
03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
My best tip:
"- - - - - - - -- - ------------"

One day, in ancient India, the Buddha was giving a teaching to his followers. On this day however, instead of a verbal teaching, he simply held up a flower. One of his disciples, Mahakasyapa, smiled. The Buddha said: "Today, I gave a silent teaching and Mahakasyapa alone understood it."