PDA

View Full Version : Video of me playing Pool.OntheSnap+3ball run.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Here are a few videos taken from my practice sessions. Let me know what you think. Had to keep clip short due to video taking up lots of room. My host only gives me 50 megs for free.
3 Ball run. (http://www.christopheradams.com/images/3ballRunBackandForthTable.mpg)

9ball on the snap (http://www.christopheradams.com/images/OntheSnap1.mpg)

Popcorn
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I can't get it to open

Keith Talent
03-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Same here ...

Ives
03-14-2005, 11:26 AM
hangs up on "connecting", left it there for 5 minutes and never connected, using broadband connection.

Rich R.
03-14-2005, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> hangs up on "connecting", left it there for 5 minutes and never connected, using broadband connection. <hr /></blockquote>I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one having problems with this.

I was looking forward to seeing someone run "three freakin' balls". /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bob_Jewett
03-14-2005, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Here are a few videos taken from my practice sessions. Let me know what you think. ... <hr /></blockquote>
I think you need to hire an instructor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got half a meg downloaded, but the file was not recognized as a video clip. Maybe you need to turn off some fancy new option that makes the video illegible on older systems.

LARRY_BOY
03-14-2005, 12:25 PM
3 balls? Next we will see a video of him napping..........

wolfdancer
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
"I think you need to hire an instructor"

Pool, or video production??

wolfdancer
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Chris, couldn't get it to open.....but here's a video of me running 100 balls. www.jackruns100@dreamon.com/
The eyelid flutter is called R.E.M.

Ives
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey Chris, I tried right clicking to save the file which works, but the fastest connection i could get for downloading was 5k. Is there a direct link to where the file is located that we could go to see it.

Rod
03-14-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me know what you think. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, there is a far easier way to run those balls in the same sequence. The c/b travels a few feet farther than needed. Shooting over the nine as you did wouldn't be one of them. You have somes "moves" in your stroke and body. See a local instructor, that would be a good move. Keep at it, we all learn from our mistakes.

Rod

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I figured I would play around with my video camera and post a short video clip but every only seems to like to whine and complain and brag about their own ability. I posted the video clip on my cheap web host and posted the link, if you can't get it to open then sorry, I posted it and was able to download it on my cable connection.

People again seem to miss the point and take everything too seriously.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> 3 balls? Next we will see a video of him napping.......... <hr /></blockquote>

You should just keep your comments to yourself, they are never positive and always very ignorant.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> hangs up on "connecting", left it there for 5 minutes and never connected, using broadband connection. <hr /></blockquote>I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one having problems with this.

I was looking forward to seeing someone run "three freakin' balls". /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Probably 3 more than you can run at times.

SplinterHands
03-14-2005, 04:55 PM
There's a lot of ego-maniacs on this board. Typical pool players.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Let me know what you think. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, there is a far easier way to run those balls in the same sequence. The c/b travels a few feet farther than needed. Shooting over the nine as you did wouldn't be one of them. You have somes "moves" in your stroke and body. See a local instructor, that would be a good move. Keep at it, we all learn from our mistakes.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Wasn't looking for best possible run, I was practicing draw and was gripping the cue differently. More forward than usually and a shorter bridge. Thanks for the comments though.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr>

I got half a meg downloaded, but the file was not recognized as a video clip. Maybe you need to turn off some fancy new option that makes the video illegible on older systems. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know what fancy new option your talking about but its a mpg video clip, nothing more, nothing less. Its how my video card captures video files. Sorry you had issues with it.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr> Hey Chris, I tried right clicking to save the file which works, but the fastest connection i could get for downloading was 5k. Is there a direct link to where the file is located that we could go to see it. <hr /></blockquote>

Thats due to my cheap Web host. I downloaded it with a cable/dsl connection and It was slow. It did download though. Possibly not being able to see it after downloading it might be due to some players not having a codec that lets them view .mpg files. I am not sure about that though, I just know it plays pefect on my 3 machines, pc, pc, and laptop.

christopheradams
03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Here are the videos in .avi format. I converted them. Hope it helps and sorry that people are having trouble downloading them. The best way to download these is to right click on this link and go to "save target as". Pick place to save and after it downloads, go open it up.

3ball run in .Avi format (http://www.christopheradams.com/images/3ballrunbackandforth.avi)

On the snap in .Avi format (http://www.christopheradams.com/images/onthesnap1.avi)

You could also try to convert the .mpg file with this:
Mpg converter (http://www.flydragonsoft.com/mpg-converter.htm)

Popcorn
03-14-2005, 05:55 PM
It was an inside joke a newbie may not get get.

Rich R.
03-15-2005, 04:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It was an inside joke a newbie may not get get. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks Popcorn. I'm glad someone got the joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LARRY_BOY
03-15-2005, 04:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> 3 balls? Next we will see a video of him napping.......... <hr /></blockquote>

You should just keep your comments to yourself, they are never positive and always very ignorant. [/quote

Dear Chris
I write this post with great regret but you are in direct violation of YOUR rules. Remember only one post per day. On 3-14-05 you made 8 posts on one subject alone!!!! In the future the board would greatly appricate your cooperation in sticking to the above mentioned rules. Thank you for your suport....Larry_boy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RUNaRAK
03-15-2005, 05:54 AM
I was REALLY bored and downloaded the amazing 3 ball run! It took a really long time even on a T1 connection to just download one of the MGEG movies. I would not suggest wasting your time or bandwidth on this download.

My 2 cents.

Joe

christopheradams
03-15-2005, 06:10 AM
I guess I'm the minority. I would be happy to see anyones pool video and would appreciate the time someone takes to video tape it, upload it to a pc, and upload it to a web host, I don't care if its a one ball run or someone stroking a cue on a kitchen table.

Ives
03-15-2005, 06:33 AM
I agree with ya Chris, i'm still trying to download it. Look forward to seeing it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
03-15-2005, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> I guess I'm the minority. I would be happy to see anyones pool video and would appreciate the time someone takes to video tape it, upload it to a pc, and upload it to a web host, I don't care if its a one ball run or someone stroking a cue on a kitchen table. <hr /></blockquote>

But why is it so slow? I have a T1 connection here at work, usually get short video clips in about 1 minute, gave up on yours after 15 minutes of no results.

SpiderMan

Ives
03-15-2005, 08:43 AM
I think it's the web host he's using. Looks like they have a real slow upload speed.

Bob_Jewett
03-15-2005, 10:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Here are a few videos taken from my practice sessions. Let me know what you think. ... <hr /></blockquote>
I still think you need to get an instructor /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The MPG was viewable with Windows Media Player 9.

Your fundamentals are pretty good -- better than some pros. Your choice of how to get out is not very good. The first shot was with a much harder stroke than you needed, both in that you went about three times too far even for the shot you played next and that you shouldn't have ot hit the ball that hard to draw it that far. Oh, and you shouldn't have jacked your self up on the nine ball.

Get rid of the washer and dryer -- they'll make the room more humid.

PQQLK9
03-15-2005, 02:15 PM
I watched and enjoyed them both . Thanks for sharing.

christopheradams
03-15-2005, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> Here are a few videos taken from my practice sessions. Let me know what you think. ... <hr /></blockquote>

Get rid of the washer and dryer -- they'll make the room more humid. <hr /></blockquote>

And they get in the way of my stroke too /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I would also like to get rid of the oil tank but It gets pretty cold up here in New England and it can come in handy in the winter. I've also toyed with tearing down my stairs and placing a fire pole to slide down.
Actually eventually I'm tearing out the walls on my second floor to my house and placing a new table up there. Can't wait!

I know theres a much easier way to run that sequence out. You also have to realize the table i'm playing on. Its on a dirt floor that I had a hell of time getting as level as possible. Theres some seriously huge table roll and you can't hit the ball too easy. You work with what you got /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think the table roll has to do with the fact that the table is not slate, its slatron or honey comb(particle board sandwiched in between cardboard material)
and it I think it has some dead spots in it. I spend hours upon hours trying to level that thing. I almost said screw and and put the thing outside on my drive way /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

nhp
03-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah I got an 8 footer that has the particle board. It's warped so bad and the pockets are so huge I don't even bother playing on it. The only thing I really do is just set up long straight in shots and fire them in. Even though the pockets are huge I can still tell if I hit it right because the CB is supposed to stop dead in it's tracks.

Scott Lee
03-16-2005, 01:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It was an inside joke a newbie may not get get. <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks Popcorn. I'm glad someone got the joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Rich! Guess who just emailed me, wanting to come through MT for some beer &amp; pool, eh? Seems that I might actually get to SEE him run three friggin' balls in person!
LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

Rich R.
03-16-2005, 03:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Hey Rich! Guess who just emailed me, wanting to come through MT for some beer &amp; pool, eh? Seems that I might actually get to SEE him run three friggin' balls in person!
LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Scott, I'm happy to hear that he is visiting you and not coming to my neighborhood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Make sure you alert the local authorities. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

christopheradams
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I posted a html page with all links of my pool videos and posted 2 more videos. Here it is:
christopheradams.com (http://www.christopheradams.com)
I will try to update the videos from time to time. These videos I just posted are much lower quality and easier and faster to download. Also in windows media player format. I will eventually remove the large videos since they take up too much space and bandwidth.