PDA

View Full Version : Enron's Ken Lay- I'm A Victim! --Major Barf Alert!

SecaucusFats
03-14-2005, 03:11 PM
This guy oversaw the looting and pillaging and now he wants to cry that he's a "victim". Shameless SOB belongs in jail for a long, long time in max security so he can really feel what it's like to get screwed.

CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/11/60minutes/main679706.shtml)

Cueless Joey
03-14-2005, 05:33 PM
"I'm not a fool. I was fooled."
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in MD
03-15-2005, 03:40 AM
He was disgusting, wasn't he? Hope they throw away the key!
Gayle

hondo
03-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Right on, SF. I agree 100 per cent.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> This guy oversaw the looting and pillaging and now he wants to cry that he's a "victim". Shameless SOB belongs in jail for a long, long time in max security so he can really feel what it's like to get screwed.

CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/11/60minutes/main679706.shtml) <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
03-15-2005, 07:33 AM
He is a crook and needs to be treated like one. I agree, a long time in max security will be perfect.

eg8r

Chopstick
03-15-2005, 08:26 AM
You really shouldn't be suprised. The scale of it is unusual but the practices are in fact quite common. I have seen this and worse in every company I've worked for. Most managers opt for a lower salary and get their compensation from bonuses, stock options or some other form of compensation. This is tied directly to the numbers they report on their books. It's worse when the individual has incorporated the cooking of the books into an exit strategy. The declare false numbers, get a big bonus and leave the company with it. The people left behind pay the price.

The average corporate manager is little more than a common thief. Believe me I've got some stories.

DickLeonard
03-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Come on Eg8r his Cororate Jet was at GWBush's disposal, would a crook hang around with someone running for the Presidencey of the United States. I just can't believe he is a thief, just someone who had to many phases of his business to keep his eyes on all of them.

I did hear that when he was in the White House visiting his friend they plotted the raping of California's gas customers by rerouting the gas through maybe Montana then back to California for additional charges. I believe that this charge was just Democrats trying to make the president look worse than he is. ####

DickLeonard
03-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Chopstick I just can't believe what your saying about most coprorate managers being thieves. Most of those jobs are filled with Republicans who believe in the hard work theory gains success. I am going to have to look at Reuplicans in a new lite.####

Chopstick
03-16-2005, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Most of those jobs are filled with Republicans who believe in the hard work theory gains success. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, they love that ethic. In 1993 I worked 364 days in a row. Other people on the project worked a lot of overtime also. This company also negotiated for lower salaries by offering compensations in the form of yearly bonuses. When bonus time came around the boss wrote himself a check for $28,000 and his three buddies $15,000 a piece and they quit the company. I got $500. What the VP did next was worse.

I was worked to death and dirt poor my entire career until I started demanding the money up front. Hard work is necessary to get ahead but it won't count for anything until you realize that the guy in the tie on the other side of that desk is out to take you for all your worth.

I was walking into work one morning at a major power company and the doors flew open and a bunch of guys wearing IRS badges were hauling out file cabinets and computers and leading guys in handcuffs. Turns out some guy started wearing a tape recorder to work and turned them in.

Everybody's freaking out about outsourcing. Know how that started? IT companies would go out and bid for contracts when they did not have the personnel or infrastructure to execute them. They would turn to consulting firms to fill these positions. The trouble with the IT consulting business is that the people you hire very quickly gain so much experience that they become worth more that the companies want to pay. More for the employees is less for them after all.

What they needed was a pool of cheap labor that couldn't quit. No matter what. They found one in India. They work cheap, they already speak English and best of all when they bring them on a work visa they can't quit and get another job. They can't demand a raise or refuse any assignment no matter how bad it is. If they want to quit their visa is terminated and they get shipped back to India. You wouldn't believe what they had these guys doing. They held them as virtual slave labor for years.

Well, the telecom companies got enough fiber laid to make communications with India reliable. Now these guys are back home and they are bidding against us for the premium jobs in this economy. All those hi-tech yuppies with their discretionary incomes are now out of work. That takes a lot of fuel out of this economy.

Corruption in politics? Please, those guys are amateurs.

PS. These are the same companies that were yelling "Buy American." Yeah, right.

eg8r
03-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Once again, a liberal blaming the world on W. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Who was the President while the majority of these scams were going on? Let me make you cringe while offering a little help, it was Clinton. I still don't blame the Enron issues on Clinton, I blame them on the execs at Enron. That is the problem with you guys, NOT EVERYTHING IS W's FAULT!!!!!!!

eg8r

DickLeonard
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
My grandmother always said "Birds of a Feather Flock Together. I am still trying to learn what she meant.####

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> My grandmother always said "Birds of a Feather Flock Together. I am still trying to learn what she meant.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I like to feed the birds in my back yard. They are such moochers. They must be Dummycrats /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DickLeonard
03-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Wally the birds know that this is the your first attempt at a welfare state. They are having a feeding frenzy.####

hondo
03-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Come on, egg, even as stupid as I am ,I could tell he
was just having fun with this. I hope you're not as
stiff necked as you appear on this forum.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Once again, a liberal blaming the world on W. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Who was the President while the majority of these scams were going on? Let me make you cringe while offering a little help, it was Clinton. I still don't blame the Enron issues on Clinton, I blame them on the execs at Enron. That is the problem with you guys, NOT EVERYTHING IS W's FAULT!!!!!!!

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

cheesemouse
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is the problem with you guys, NOT EVERYTHING IS W's FAULT!!!!!!!
<hr /></blockquote>

Direct from Ed's brain...This is priceless...Ed, you crack me up man....LMFAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-17-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, you crack me up man <hr /></blockquote> You are too easy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on, egg, even as stupid as I am ,I could tell he
was just having fun with this. I hope you're not as
stiff necked as you appear on this forum.
<hr /></blockquote> I am not stiff necked at all. He is having fun, but that does not remove the fact that he believes what he posts. While my post was a response to him, it may not have been so clear that the highlighted section was not directed only to him, or just that post. I mentioned "you guys" referring to the rest that continue to blame W for all the world's problems.

My goodness, for a party that claims to be so intelligent, you libs/dems give W way too much credit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r