PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Trick Shot Magic on video?

graffiti
03-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi:

I am trying to get all the ESPN Trick Shot Magic
matches on video. I know ESPN2 used to show them all
the time but I somehow missed these and ESPN2 seems to
have become the World Series of Poker channel this past
year. These are the matches I'm looking for:

2000 Semis: Stefano Pelinga vs. Mike Massey
2000 Semis: Lars Riiber vs. Paul Gerni
2000 Finals: Paul Gerni vs. Mike Massey
(I have never even seen the 2000 matches, so I am
particularly interested in them).

2001 Semis: Paul Gerni vs. Mike Massey
(another match I haven't seen)

2003 Semis: Charles Darling vs. Andy Segal

Can anyone help me out? I'd pay reasonable $$ for a copy of
any of these matches or the opportunity to borrow a video from which to make a copy (I would take good care of
any borrowed videos and return them promptly with my
gratitude and--more importantly--$$).

Thanks,

MW

Northern California

SplinterHands
03-17-2005, 05:19 AM
You must be the only person in America who is interested in "Trick Shot Magic". /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

graffiti
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> You must be the only person in America who is interested in "Trick Shot Magic". /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You may be right. I've posted on several pool related forums and have, sadly, received little to no response.
Actually, I believe there are closet TSM fans on this very forum! Let our voices be heard!

What is more exciting than a perfectly executed machine gun masse? What is more amazing than a Mike Massey boot shot or, for all us ladies, what is more thrilling than a demonstration of mastery of the famous Kimura bottle shot by that Italian stallion Mr. Pelinga? Then, there is the lightning quick Tom Rossman starburst shot that'll cause any patriotic American to salute! Actually, I'm only being half facetious here, as I really enjoy the TSM shows and I think the TS artists are great.

If there is any TS fan out there who'd like to help me out but is embarrassed to admit to having these matches on video, please send me a private message and no one will be the wiser. I understand if someone who cannot make video copies is afraid to loan their tapes out (I know I would be) as they are more valuable now that ESPN rarely shows any TSM matches and almost never the early ones. Rest assured, I will take extra care of them and return them promptly and even include custom labels that I made for my videos (they look really cool) along with $$ for your troubles. I will be most appreciative!

Thank you for reading my post,

MW

Northern California

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2005, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote graffiti:</font><hr>
2000 Semis: Stefano Pelinga vs. Mike Massey
2000 Semis: Lars Riiber vs. Paul Gerni
2000 Finals: Paul Gerni vs. Mike Massey
2001 Semis: Paul Gerni vs. Mike Massey
2003 Semis: Charles Darling vs. Andy Segal

<hr /></blockquote>

I may have taped some of this once upon a time but I don't think so. I will check this weekend.

Good luck in your search.

graffiti
03-18-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I may have taped some of this once upon a time but I don't think so. I will check this weekend. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for checking for me.

mw

al654321
03-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Try Cecil Messer @ 219-763-6314. Cecil is the guy who referees the Trick Shot Magic matches for ESPN. He lives in Potage Indiana and I would bet that since Cecil is a gentleman, he will either have copies or he can tell you where to get them. The number above is for his regular business so they will answer the phone Midwest Doors and Windows.

Nostroke
03-21-2005, 11:09 AM
I had them but i taped some old Leave it to Beaver episodes over them, Sorry.

PQQLK9
03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
ROTFLMAO

graffiti
03-23-2005, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote al654321:</font><hr> Try Cecil Messer @ ... <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, thanks for the insider's info. I think I would be
too nervous to call Mr. Messer. I wouldn't like to
bug him for something like this but perhaps, if I
become desperate, I might try him as a last resort.

I'm still holding out that one of the nice people on
this forum or on the other pool forums I've posted will
help me out. I'm a hopeless optimist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

graffiti
03-23-2005, 08:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I had them but i taped some old Leave it to Beaver episodes over them, Sorry. <hr /></blockquote>

I can't say anything. I taped over my copy of the 2003
Darling/Segal match that went to a tie-breaker with a
Styx concert (from the Kilroy Was Here tour no less).
I thought, "Oh well, ESPN will air it again many times"...NOT.
Sadly, I'm not even joking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

joewihit
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Hello Trick Shot Magic Fan,
I have all the video's including those of Paul Gerni, Lars Riiber, Mike Massey and my great friend Stefano Pelinga. Stefano is one of my closest friends and a mentor of mine. So of course I collect all of his and others ESPN shows.
Email me your mailing address and I'll send you off a copy.

PS: Do you know of any pool halls or pool leagues near you that would be interested in having a exhibition / trick shot show with Mr. Stefano Pelinga?

Sincerely,
Joewihit
pool.trickshots@juno.com