PDA

View Full Version : Poetic license on AZB

Keith Talent
03-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Anybody else chuckle, chortle, guffaw, etc. over this description on AZB? It's great to maintain that sense of wonder we were all born with ...

Seventy players in two divisions converged in the beautiful piney woods of East Texas in Beaumont ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
03-16-2005, 04:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Anybody else chuckle, chortle, guffaw, etc. over this description on AZB? It's great to maintain that sense of wonder we were all born with ...

Seventy players in two divisions converged in the beautiful piney woods of East Texas in Beaumont ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="purple"> </font color>
That is not the only one that made me chuckle and frown.
vagabond

MrLucky
03-16-2005, 06:00 AM
There are a select few on that site that will make a man OD'ing on prozac frown! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2005, 06:37 AM
If the wind is right, a few fortunate Beaumontians can savor the vapors from the petro-chemical plants on the Houston Ship Channel.

Smells like money.

Keith Talent
03-16-2005, 07:27 AM
Hope nobody takes this as Texas bashing or AZ bashing ... we've got some impressive urban wasteland right here around NYC, though fortunately most of it's across the river in the Garden State!

I just remember real well driving over the bridge from Louisiana a few years back ... it was April and I'd just been rambling down the two-lane through Cajun country and along the Gulf, beautiful stuff, talked to this guy on the sleepy Cameron ferry whose family had been ferrymen from way back, it was like a hazy dream ... then you go over this huge bridge and descend into an unbelievable sprawl of refineries, I guess it was around Port Arthur, and then you crawl coughing into Beaumont ... there's no mont, and it's not too beau, neither. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif