PDA

View Full Version : NEW CHICAGO CUEMAKER RULES!!!

cheese_ball
03-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I have recently had the pleasure of meeting Darren Hill of Hill's cues. His work is exquisite, and his cues play phenomenally! This guy has been cuemaking for a little over one year now, and his craftsmanship blows away some of the guys that have been building for decades! This guys finish is crystal clear, and provides a certain depth to the wood grains that is unparalleled. Unlike some other work out there, you won't find wraps or lots of inlays on any of the Hill's cues. Instead, Darren uses a spectacular blend of exotic woods to create a stunning visual display of organic grain patterns and colors. His cues are pretty reasonably priced as well ranging from $750.00 to $3000.00 depending on the number of points and choice woods used. Look for his website soon to be up and running: www.hillscues.com (http://www.hillscues.com)

No, I don't represent him, and this is NOT an advertisement. Just an excited baller that's found the right guy to make my next playing cue.

wolfdancer
03-16-2005, 02:49 PM
"exquisite
phenomenally
blows away the competition
crystal clear
unparalled
spectacular
exotic
stunning
organic"

Reminds me a girl, I once had a crush on.....she too was organic,......

So, what yer saying is you like his cues?????

Will you write my obit????
My friends will read it, and say "who dis guy was"?

But, you never explained: what are the new rules on Chicago cuemaking????

Cueless Joey
03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
http://images-pw.secureserver.net/images/061703/parked_girl_yelbar.jpg
Nice site. I get this.
Spam?

cheese_ball
03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey wolfie,

I'd be happy to write your obituary, do you have a date prearranged? JK /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif The new rules of chicago cuemaking are as follows... Make a great cue at a reasonable price, and I'll buy it and tell everyone how great it is! Darren has one in his shop right now that's an ebony forearm and butt with 8 raor sharp tulip wood points that look like they're on fire! It will be mine.... oh yes, it will be mine...

Sidepocket
03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Where is his shop? For sure it is not shown on the website.

How did you find out about him? what is he doing that is unique? Do you have a picture of any of his cues?

More questions to follow...News at 11.

Popcorn
03-16-2005, 04:09 PM
There is a lot of good guys out there doing nice work.

wolfdancer
03-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Touche!!!..I did know a girl once, with a nice ebony butt....but that's a different story.
Hope the new cue hits as good as it looks...
put some pix online, so the rest of us can drool over it
Good luck with your new cue....maybe you'll blow away the competition with it.