PDA

View Full Version : Robert Blake , not guilty.

Cueless Joey
03-16-2005, 03:44 PM
http://drudgereport.com/
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PQQLK9
03-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Hmmm so was O.J. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif damm californiyons /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DebraLiStarr
03-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I find this very upsetting. Many of my friends on this board know why. In a world where people like this fool can slip through the cracks of the justice system, victims of violent crime sit there with our jaws dropping as we face the reality that criminals have more rights than the victims. It makes me sick.

Last month, my case never went to trial and the "accused" was offered a plea bargain and got 10 years probation for almost murdering me. Throughout he was referred to as the "defendant" as I was referred to as the "alleged victim". Alleged? I spent 16 days in ICU, and the "defendant" never denied the fact that he put me there. Where did all of this happen? Los Angeles!

As you can tell I have some very strong feelings about this. I don't care if some of you say that the justice system works, and that our justice system is the greatest system. That is all BS when it comes to the LA County DA's office. As a victim my case was shuffled through the DA's office as if it was cluttering somebody's desk. With an attitude like that it isn't surprising to me that they are unable to get a guilty verdict on a lunatic that had a clear motive, bought the murder weapon, and was caught lying over and over again to investigators. The only thing that comforts me is the fact that people like this will not escape final judgment.

SecaucusFats
03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
That's why some us are pro gun rights. If you had been armed, and in a concealed carry state, you could have handled everything in two quick double taps.

Cueless Joey
03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Fats, I own a 45 handgun as well and am a supporter of the right to bear arms.
But, we don't know if it would have prevented Deb's attack.
Deb, I'm sorry the incompetence of the DA here victimized you as well.
You're in Florida now. Hopefully the DA there is much better the DA here for the victims' sake.
Florida does have a concealed carry permit law if that even interests you.

Popcorn
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
10 years probation is a long time. He will be behind bars at some time sooner or later.

Sid_Vicious
03-17-2005, 06:36 AM
That depends much upon how that state's probation system works, and whether the guy was a previous felon. I have known parolees from TDC who broke up bars and were caught with meth, ALL during probation, and they stayed out, never have gone back as I understand it. Seemed to me that the state did not want them back. The system is broken in so many ways, especially if you are the victim(IMO)....sid

LARRY_BOY
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

Keith Talent
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr>

Last month, my case never went to trial and the "accused" was offered a plea bargain and got 10 years probation for almost murdering me. Throughout he was referred to as the "defendant" as I was referred to as the "alleged victim". Alleged? I spent 16 days in ICU, and the "defendant" never denied the fact that he put me there. <hr /></blockquote>

Debra, I don't know the story of what happened to you, but it sounds horrible and I think I can understand why you'd feel this way (some creep(s) put me in the hospital for a week a few years back, though I can't remember a thing and am just glad I survived it).

I'm sure you came up against corruption, laziness and more in the L.A. DA's office, too, and seeing somebody get no time for such a violent crime reeks of injustice.

But, in general terms, be careful what you ask for, as far as the traditional presumption of innocence goes. The only thing that could be worse than being a crime victim would be to be wrongly accused and convicted of a crime, I think. Not that that was an issue in your case, as you say, but you can't tailor the process on a case-by-case basis, of course.

I work in the news biz and it kind of scares me sometimes how quickly we are ready to convict somebody -- celebrity or not -- who's accused of a crime. These days, apparently all you've got to say to avoid libel is to end the paragraph with "police said" or even "a police source said." Quite often I'll be editing a story and it will lack even that much qualification, reading as if the reporter, or God himself were pronouncing this person as a fiend.

Once the machinery gets cranked up, the lies and half-truths start to flow from all sides -- the jailhouse snitches, the vindictive exes, the glory-hound prosecutors, the slippery defense lawyers, judges with their own agendas --- and nobody can back down.

Without the protection of "the defendant" etc., just about anybody could be plucked off the street and put away for years, or executed, which is exactly how it is in classic police states.

As for Blake? Hell, I don't know ... plenty of motive, but not a lot of solid evidence there. Along similar lines, you've got Jacko, an obviously pathological guy, but is he guilty of the crime he's accused of? His accuser has been caught in several lies, not the least of which was claiming on the stand that he'd never talked with Jay Leno, when Leno says the kid and his mom essentially pitched a deal to him. But does that make Jacko innocent? Can't say that, either .... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So I think we've got to be careful what we say ...

Gayle in MD
03-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I was very upset when OJ got off, and thought that Scott Peterson got just what he deserved, but this case didn't convince me that Blake did it. It didn't seem logical to me that he would carry it off in the way that it went down.

There were fingerprints on the car, not his, hardly any gun powder on him, except for a little that they said came from carrying his own gun, which wasn't the murder weapon.

There was some sort of oil residue on the gun, and no traces of it on him, (My husband said it was olive oil, lol)It didn't make any sense that he would have a gun on him at all if he was planning a murder that night. Didn't make any sense that he would have come to enough of an agreement with her to have legal papers drawn up, allow her to live on his property, and then kill her after they had worked all that out.

Since she had been a grifter, lots of people had grudges against her, and she had basically trapped him in the very way that those who knew her said she had planned from the start. Others said that he said he carried the gun because she was so afraid about several others who had threatened her.

I think that when she got pregnant he was furious, said and did some stupid, incriminating things, and considered some unlawful solutions, running his mouth to the wrong people, and that the word got around to someone who had the same wishes, and was determined to follow through, and pin it on him.

Then after his little girl was born, and he fell for her in a big way, I think he changed, and tried to set things up so that he could be in her life and be there to protect her from the Mother, whose other daughter she had introduced to prostitution, supposedly, so he had to work something out with Bakley, which I don't think he would have bothered to do if he was really planning to kill her or have her killed.

Also, he is such a wreck, and nervous type individual, off the cuff kinda guy, he just doesn't strike me as the type of steely, cold hearted plot maker that plans out and follows through with murder, like Peterson and Simpson. He's not dumb enough to lay such a poor plan if he could do such a thing.

At the end of the day, his life is pretty much shot anyway. It was all about money in the first place, Bakley trying to get his, and now her family has filed a wrongful death suit, and he's broke after all the legal fees, and many will continue to think that he did it, so he will have to bare that burden for the rest of his life. None of it would have happened if she hadn't been on the take in the first place.

Just my 2cents, but he's just too flighty and weak in the stomach, lol.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Keith,

Excellent post.

Deeman

cheesemouse
03-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Multipule Choice Question:

&lt;Having been accused of a crime by the legal sytem which would you rather be?
__Poor &amp; innocent
__Rich &amp; guilty

Over 90% get this one right....

LARRY_BOY
03-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Rich and guilty......without a doubt!

eg8r
03-17-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was very upset when OJ got off, and thought that Scott Peterson got just what he deserved, but this case didn't convince me that Blake did it. It didn't seem logical to me that he would carry it off in the way that it went down.
<hr /></blockquote> I try to avoid watching these celebrity court cases, but Blake has the funniest defense ever. He could not be outside killing his wife, because he was not present. He had gone back inside to retrieve his gun from inside the restaurant. That cracks me up. LOL, there is no way he killed his wife, because he was on his way to get his gun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

MosconiJr
03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
<hr /></blockquote> I try to avoid watching these celebrity court cases, but Blake has the funniest defense ever. He could not be outside killing his wife, because he was not present. He had gone back inside to retrieve his gun from inside the restaurant. That cracks me up. LOL, there is no way he killed his wife, because he was on his way to get his gun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
It worked /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Maybe his lawyer is smarter than we think.

eg8r
03-17-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It worked Maybe his lawyer is smarter than we think. <hr /></blockquote> Something worked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Either way, it was funny.

eg8r

catscradle
03-21-2005, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> http://drudgereport.com/
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well at least now we can say OJ walking wasn't a race issue, it was evidently a California issue. If your famous and can afford big time lawyers you walk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Deeman2
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Multipule Choice Question:

&lt;Having been accused of a crime by the legal sytem which would you rather be?
__Poor &amp; innocent
__Rich &amp; guilty

Over 90% get this one right.... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> In regard to them all (O.J. - Blake - Scott Simpson) would you rather be a washed up celebrity or a fertiliser salesman?

Deeman</font color>

theinel
03-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Guilt or innocence aside 100% would rather be rich.