PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Mayor indicted

Chopstick
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Orlando Mayor and Three Others Indicted For Improper Payments to Collect Absentee Ballots

Orlando (FL) Mayor Buddy Dyer, Circuit Judge Alan Apte, and two campaign workers were indicted by a grand jury in Florida for "providing pecuniary gain for absentee ballot possession or collection" in violation of a state law prohibiting such conduct (indictment here). The indictment alleges that Dyer and Apte paid campaign workers to pick up absentee ballots and have them delivered to be counted during the 2004 election. Allegations of fraud in the 2004 mayoral race surfaced, and Dyer avoided a run-off election by only 234 votes. His main opponent in that election claims that there was widespread fraud related to the collection of absentee ballots from neighborhoods that favored Dyer and Apte. Florida Governor Jeb Bush suspended Dyer from office after the indictment, and a special election will be held. <font color="red"> Dyer and Apte have claimed that the charges are politically motived because the special prosecutor bringing the charges against them is a Republican and they are Democrats. </font color>

<font color="blue">Election fraud from a democrat? Say it ain't so1 </font color>

eg8r
03-17-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Election fraud from a democrat? Say it ain't so1 <hr /></blockquote> Dyer's response last week was that he did nothing wrong. He did nothing different than what every other mayor is doing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif One more example of someone not accepting responsibility for their own actions. What a sucker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chopstick
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
so1 ?? Now that I have my glasses on I see that's a one instead on an exclaimation point. I was looking up crime stats for Orlando and we are three to four times the national average in every category except murder and that's 50% higher. I guess we can add the mayor to the list.