PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 days left until Pettypoint Expo

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Deeman (+1) Tori
Spiderman (Where's Spiderwoman?)
ryushen21 (+1) <-- and he's bringing beer this time! Maybe Shin, if all goes well.
PoolFool (+2)
ceebee with books
Cane (+1) if move injuries don't interfere
9 Ball Girl (+1 ) <-- in spirit only
Poolturtle, with no smell of fear
Tony

Tony was incensed that I had named him "Mollasses" Tony so there will be a contest to re-name him. After all, he has speeded his play up considerably. We will accept all suggestions. Tony is in his 30's, has long blond hair, rides a Harley, shoots with a Schon, can put a few racks together and is a real thinking player. His main squeeze, Kathy, shoots very well and is a sub on our BCA league team. Tony has a bit of a temper but is a really nice guy with a great pool future. "Texas" Tony is too generic for him so help us give him a new nickname.

I made PettyPont Bucks up for SPetty, Spiderman, Deeman and Poolfool but that's the only ones who I had graphics for.

We may use them to mark the tables for next game as we did with the name tags back in the summer.

I look forward to Saturday at noon....be there or be square....

Deeman

SpiderMan
03-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Hopefully I will have "SpiderWoman" with me, now that Tori is coming. Maybe we can do some more Scotch doubles.

I like Tony's "Molasses" name - my vote is to keep it!

SpiderMan

SPetty
03-17-2005, 10:52 AM
What'd you do with Sid? He's bringing a friend that's not Jim.
Shin can't make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Dee, your original (+1) was Tony...

I, too, have been working on table markers... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bring your own drinks! Gate opens at noon...

-- SPetty

ceebee
03-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Spetty, is 12 Noon still your opening time on Saturday? I'm "ready ready teddy" to see everyone. Can you PM me with a list of goodies I should bring.

The books dropped just as planned, so I won't be there empty handed.

I've hurt my right hand pretty severely, so you folks don't need to sharpen your skills to beat me. I can barely play dead. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> What'd you do with Sid? <font color="blue"> </font color> Sorry, I just let Sid slip... He's bringing a friend that's not Jim.
Shin can't make it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Dee, your original (+1) was Tony... <font color="blue"> Yes, I know but I can't let Tori get out of a re-match with Spiderman and Spiderwoman... </font color>

I, too, have been working on table markers... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">E-mail me one so I know what I'm up against... I did one for ceebee, Tony and Cane this morning... </font color>

Spiderman, you might want to bring an extra car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="blue"> Now, this was cold....shiver, shiver </font color>

Bring your own drinks! Gate opens at noon...

-- SPetty &lt;-- really hoping Spiderman can take a joke... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Hey, don't worry, he hasn't seen his t-shirt yet.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

1 vote to keep Molasses for Tony, one vote for Tony the Tiger...
</font color>

Deeman
have graphics will travel...missing NBG already... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sid_Vicious
03-17-2005, 11:28 AM
I will probably make the trip alone and spend the night. I have a tournament on Sunday at Skillman, so a quick ride from your place Sunday morning would be right on time...sid

SpiderMan
03-17-2005, 12:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Spiderman, you might want to bring an extra car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Or a tow truck, in case Tori lets Deeman drive again.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Spiderman, you might want to bring an extra car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Or a tow truck, in case Tori lets Deeman drive again.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Hey, now. Don't shift this on to me. I got out under my own power...(albeit after waking Leroy, running down a pile of defenseless rocks and creating a set of ruts the size of New Jersey...) </font color>

Deeman
If I can crawl to it, I can drive it.....

SPetty
03-17-2005, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Spiderman, you might want to bring an extra car... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="blue"> Now, this was cold....shiver, shiver </font color><hr /></blockquote> I posted that, then went into a meeting, then thought better of it and decided to delete it ASAP, but by the time I got back to my desk, you had already quoted it, so I couldn't erase it and make it disappear! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sorry Spidey.

SPetty
03-17-2005, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> SPetty, is 12 Noon still your opening time on Saturday? Can you PM me with a list of goodies I should bring.<hr /></blockquote>Gate opens at noon. Bring your own drinks! And please bring me a personally autographed copy of your book.

ryushen21
03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
I can't wait. As SPetty posted, Shin won't be able to make it. Apparently he's to busy being in D.C. with his girlfriend. But i will be sure to rub it in his face on how much he missed out on. I also vote for keeping the "Molasses" name for Tony even though i only saw him play at the last PP event. But i will be out there at noon cueless and ready.

Cane
03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Deeman... MORE injuries have insued, but I'm healed up... and I have my travelling shoes on! We're going to head out tomorrow and probably spend the night in Dallas. We'll get up early morning, and try to bug RandyG for awhile if I can find him! *S* We'll be at Petty Point about noon.

The injuries... self inflicted. I had to replace a gas line on the house Billie bought and I had my head and shoulders under the house, through a tiny crawlspace, hooking up the line... well, just happens I'm a bit closterphobic (sp?), so I go ape s#!t and in my panic, I busted up one hand and the opposite forearm trying to make a hasty retreat from that dark little hole I had my fat a$$ stuck in! A half a dozen valium and a couple of bandaids later I was fine. I have not, however, stuck my head or any other body part, under that house again... and WILL NOT!

See you all on Saturday!
Bob

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Cane,

I think you and ceebee are just sandbagging Spiderman and me with these injuries! Next thing, Spiderman will claim he got hung up in his web so he jabbed himslelf in the eye with his tool belt....Gee, I just found a hangnail, I guess I'll just have to shoot left handed...LOL.

See you all on Saturday....

Deeman
give me a break fellows.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SpiderMan
03-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Looks like three votes for, none against /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Looks like three votes for, none against /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> Poor Tony! I mean poor Molasses. Wait, you can't pour molasses...

Deeman
now, everyone will call him that as he enters the door and he'll hate me forever. Well, there's an upside to everything. I know he lurks on this board... </font color>

stroker
03-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Thats OK guys, since Deeman is bringing the booze and I will be the one to give Spiderman a ride home again.
Tony? <font color="red"> </font color>

Deeman2
03-18-2005, 06:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stroker:</font><hr> Thats OK guys, since Deeman is bringing the booze and I will be the one to give Spiderman a ride home again.
Tony? <font color="red"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Touche....He got us both there Spiderman!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

Deeman

SpiderMan
03-18-2005, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stroker:</font><hr> Thats OK guys, since Deeman is bringing the booze and I will be the one to give Spiderman a ride home again.

Hey, "Tony Molasses" is actually sort of a cool-sounding name. Like maybe one of the actors on mobster tv.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-18-2005, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote stroker:</font><hr> Thats OK guys, since Deeman is bringing the booze and I will be the one to give Spiderman a ride home again.

<font color="red"> and he is Italian and does look rather shady...
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Deeman </font color>

Hey, "Tony Molasses" is actually sort of a cool-sounding name. Like maybe one of the actors on mobster tv.

stroker
03-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Soooooo! I guess you'll need to make me a new name tag Deeman. <font color="red"> </font color>

Deeman2
03-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Spiderman dominated the PettyPoint Expo pool tournament Challenge. He is strangely taking on morw facial features of Johnny Archer each time I see him. We set up a challenge format where each participant had a custom $100 bill with their logo on it. Each time you lost a gane you would punch it on the left side with a shark shaped punch, each win got you a shark shape punched on the right side. Most of ours looked like swiss cheese on both side at the end of the night but Spiderman had four losses and about 29 wins!
SPetty made some custom leather PettyPoint Logo table markers for everyone. We each marked our name/initial/etc. on them and placing them on the side of the table light gave us an order for the table challenge. They were branded with the PettyPoint Logo, very cool.

I donated a few Deeman chalk holders and Deeman shaft burnishers and ceebee unveiled his new book, The Great Break Shot". Ceebee gave me and SPetty our copies and had credited us as well as Chopstick in the book. (Thanks, ceebee). Anyone who doesn't get themselves a copy is going unarmed. I brought several back for guys in my pool league but will wait a week or so before giving it to them. I have to have an edge for a while,,,,,

Sid, Poolfool and Ruyshen21 brought their good games as well. Sid was hitting them particularily well. ceebee did not lose at one pocket or many other games, his break was a killer. (I wonder why?) He as well as Spiderman had to give up the table in order to eat! Unfortunately, I was sick and couldn't enjoy the great food Spetty put out. I spend most of the evening trudging up to the upstairs bathroom but couldn't even win a game when I wasn't!!!

Tony Molasses played well as did Cane but Cane was more interseted in visiting than in playing jam up pool. A new guy Charlie played very well as did a girl, who's name escapes me now. ceebee, ryushen21 and I were lined up before noon and Spetty has a procession of cars pass her after opening the gates. None of us offered her a ride to the parking area! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I stayed unitl about 9:30 p.m. and only a couple of people we left then. The best i remember, Ryushen21 spent most of the night trying to destroy Spetty's better sticks and Spiderman gave me a drink of Martels or something that did settle my stomach a bit. Pool turtle was a good player and, no, he did not show any fear. His ealrier problems with draw had been corrected with a new tip by Spiderman and corrective shoes...

I was sick all of yesterday so Tori had to go feed the horse by herself. While she was there, our little dog wandered off and Tori heard a shot. Midnight never came back so we think someone killed him. A shame, he was a gentle lille dog that never barked at or bit anyone. Tori came and got me and sick as ever, we spend hours looking for him with no success.

Oh!I stole a frooze pop to eat on the way home from PettyPoint but couldn't even hold that down.

As sick as I was, I enjoyed the PettyPoint Expo and seeing everyone. I hope I'm not sick for the Chili Cookoff....

Deeman

Cane
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Tony Molasses played well as did Cane but Cane was more interseted in visiting than in playing jam up pool.
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Dee, Now, I love a great game of pool, but you won't believe the tales you missed while we were visiting out on the deck! ...and I do love storytelling sessions.

Spetty, I left my marker and my funny money there. If you don't mind, put them back for me and I'll pick them up next time we come down.

As for Charlie's Book... NOBODY SHOULD BUY THIS!!! Especially if you plan to come to Arkansas or Oklahoma to play pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Seriously, I scanned through the book when I got home yesterday and started seriously reading it this morning. My break has always been OK in 9-Ball, but lacking in 8-ball, so I most intently read the 8-Ball section. IT WORKED! I played in Ft. Smith in a tournament last night. I looked over each rack, found the flaws in them, and broke with suggested angles and spins per CeeBees book and was VERY succesful. Much more successful I've been since I started back playing pool 3 years ago. I will highly recommend this book to everyone but my opponents! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had a great time at Petty Point. Wish I could have stayed longer, but man, this retired life is a busy one!!!

Later,
Bob

Wally_in_Cincy
03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
...While she was there, our little dog wandered off and Tori heard a shot. Midnight never came back so we think someone killed him....

<hr /></blockquote>

that sux dee. why would someone shoot your dog?

SpiderMan
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
SPetty made some custom leather PettyPoint Logo table markers for everyone. We each marked our name/initial/etc. on them and placing them on the side of the table light gave us an order for the table challenge. They were branded with the PettyPoint Logo, very cool.<hr /></blockquote>

Did anyone get a picture of Deeman's "marking" on his personal placeholder? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>I hope I'm not sick for the Chili Cookoff....
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

So that's why you don't like beans in the chili, they clog the sinuses?

SpiderMan

ryushen21
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
A pretty good summary of the days events at PettyPoint. However, there is one thing lacking. In a bizarre fluke/twist of fate, i won a game of one pocket against ceebee. That was the first, last and only time that i will play one pocket with ceebee so as to maintain my 100% win ratio for that game against him.

And now that i think about it, ceebee will probably hate me for posting this.

Deeman2
03-22-2005, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
...While she was there, our little dog wandered off and Tori heard a shot. Midnight never came back so we think someone killed him....

<hr /></blockquote>

that sux dee. why would someone shoot your dog? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Wally,

I think it's a Texas sort of thing. Midnight was a friendly little puppy that never barked, bit or even jumped up on you, so someone thought it a good thing to dispatch him, I guess. Tori loved the little thing and misses him a lot already.

In the area we board our horse, there are many dogs running the area, some very aggressive. To my knowledge ours is the only one that has been shot.

Deeman
Some people just enjoy doing things they can, I guess... </font color>

PoolFool
03-22-2005, 08:17 AM
There is one thing left out so far. Sat. was the first time I had ever herded chickens. We had to herd all the chickens into the barn so the roosters wouldn't crow all night and keep Sid awake. Most of them were perched high up in the trees so Leroy would shot them with a sling shot and make them fly to the ground and then all of us would chase them through the woods until they gave up and ran into the barn. Not as much fun as shooting pool but a good work out.

PoolFool

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2005, 08:17 AM
All of this PettyPoint Expo reading made me dream that me and nAz went down to PettyPoint. I've never been but in my dream Spetty took us in through the front door and then down some steps to the PettyPoint Pool hall. Everyone was already there and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "The Stars at Night, Are Big and Bright" and then everyone stopped what they were doing, clapped and yelled "Deep in the Heart of Texas!". I don't even know if those are the correct lyrics but I remember that when it happened in my dream, I was like what in the hell?! It was very surreal! LOL

Deeman2
03-22-2005, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PoolFool:</font><hr> There is one thing left out so far. Sat. was the first time I had ever herded chickens. We had to herd all the chickens into the barn so the roosters wouldn't crow all night and keep Sid awake. Most of them were perched high up in the trees so Leroy would shot them with a sling shot and make them fly to the ground and then all of us would chase them through the woods until they gave up and ran into the barn. Not as much fun as shooting pool but a good work out.

PoolFool <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Poolfool:

Now you have done it! We spend almost a century trying to convince the world that the south has come a long way in technology, culture and lifestyle and you reduce us to an image of chasing farm animals around barefoot with Leroy being set up for bus loads of naked PETA ladies showing up declaring slingshots as banned weapons....

Deeman
did not chase a single chicken... </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> All of this PettyPoint Expo reading made me dream that me and nAz went down to PettyPoint. I've never been but in my dream Spetty took us in through the front door and then down some steps to the PettyPoint Pool hall. Everyone was already there and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "The Stars at Night, Are Big and Bright" and then everyone stopped what they were doing, clapped and yelled "Deep in the Heart of Texas!". <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The stars at night, are big and bright,

clap-clap-clap-clap

deep in the heart of Texas,

The prairie sky is wide and high,
deep in the heart of Texas.
The sage in bloom is like perfume,
deep in the heart of Texas,
Reminds me of, the one I love,
deep in the heart of Texas.

<font color="blue">Cool dream, for a city gal. Sometimes I wish I could remember mine. </font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>Deeman
did not chase a single chicken... <hr /></blockquote>

and I certainly hope no chickens were choked in this process.

Deeman2
03-22-2005, 08:40 AM
NBG,

I think your dream was nice. I had a dream of you being there as well but Tori bitch slapped me right in the middle of it. I even have an image (GIF) of that dream but, being a technological APA 2, I can't post it here. I'll just have to send to you....

I'm not sure if you have the words to ther song right but it certainly has the right ring to it. We missed you....in spirit you were there...

Deeman

SpiderMan
03-22-2005, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

that sux dee. why would someone shoot your dog? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Wally,

I think it's a Texas sort of thing. Midnight was a friendly little puppy that never barked, bit or even jumped up on you, so someone thought it a good thing to dispatch him, I guess. Tori loved the little thing and misses him a lot already.

In the area we board our horse, there are many dogs running the area, some very aggressive. To my knowledge ours is the only one that has been shot.

Deeman
Some people just enjoy doing things they can, I guess... </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Dee,

If there are a lot of agressive dogs running loose, there's a good chance that yours was attacked by another dog. Or perhaps someone "adopted" it, if there was no ID tag.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>
Dee,

If there are a lot of agressive dogs running loose, there's a good chance that yours was attacked by another dog. Or perhaps someone "adopted" it, if there was no ID tag.

<font color="blue"> I wish either was the case but the puppy ran off, Tori heard a shot (we have never heard one before there), and the dog didn't come back. Not an O.J. tight case but he was probably shot. She would have heard another dog attacking so we are probably looking at Labricide.... The subject was properly tagged. </font color>

Deeman

Rich R.
03-22-2005, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> with Leroy being set up for bus loads of naked PETA ladies showing up declaring slingshots as banned weapons.... <hr /></blockquote>
Leroy should be so lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I can picture SPetty grabbing Leroy's ear and dragging him into the house, away from those naked PETA ladies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
03-22-2005, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
I can picture SPetty grabbing Leroy's ear and dragging him into the house, away from those naked PETA ladies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rich...Nah! Leroy'd take one look, turn around, and head back into his shop (to finish whatever chore he was doin')! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

SPetty
03-22-2005, 05:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Did anyone get a picture of Deeman's "marking" on his personal placeholder? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Sorry I'm late. LeRoy and I both got knocked down pretty hard on Sunday with some sort of vomiting thing that lasted well into Monday and recovering and rehydrating today...

Anyway, when Spiderman arrived and I was showing him the new wood chip markers and how we were using them, he pointed at this one and said "Whose is this?"

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/DDown.jpg

Deeman took credit for that being his marker. Spiderman rotated the marker and made Deeman seem so much, um, happier...

http://www.pettypoint.com/poolpics/DUp.jpg

It will be awhile before Deeman lives down his new nickname of Denis! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ceebee
03-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Spetty, I got sick Sunday afternoon too. I hurled up 5 times over 6 hours. I couldn't drive home on Monday, because I was still ill, having severe temp changes, feelings of nausea &amp; off balance. I finally got home this evening (Tuesday), took me 6-7 hours to drive instead of 5.

BUT, with a bad knee, a bad hand, gettin' old &amp; gettin' sick... I look back at the weekend as a GOOD TIME.

Getting to compete with folks that are friendly, even though they do pray that you lose, is still great fun.

NOBODY likes losing, that's why nobody likes to RACK...

Okay Ryushen, you had to go tell the world you beat me in One-Pocket... I threw off!

SPetty
03-22-2005, 06:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> with Leroy being set up for bus loads of naked PETA ladies showing up declaring slingshots as banned weapons.... <hr /></blockquote>
Leroy should be so lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif<hr /></blockquote>Tell you what, if shooting chickens with slingshots would bring naked ladies to PettyPoint, LeRoy would be quite good at it by now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> I even have an image (GIF) of that dream but, being a technological APA 2, I can't post it here. <hr /></blockquote>Deeman, I'm sorry to hear about Midnight. I'm such a softy. Sid caught me getting teary-eyed over a stupid [censored] fight that we had here Sunday morning...

Would you send that pic to me too, please?

Thanks for all that you did. I'm sorry you didn't feel so good, and please tell Tori that we missed her.

PoolFool
03-22-2005, 10:16 PM
I also got sick Sunday. Same symptoms. We all must have caught it from Deeman.
Another thought on Midnight. I live on a 30 acre lake on a city greenbelt. My neighbors have lost two small dogs and several cats to Coyotes in the last 6 months.There are a lot more Coyotes out where you ride horses than around my house. I don't know any Texans that shoot dogs for sport but some shoot Coyotes to protect thier livestock.

PoolFool

ryushen21
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Ok, there was something definitely going around at PettyPoint because i also was sick with all the same symptoms you guys are talking about. I didn't start feeling right again until today. That's just crazy. I guess next time i'll come prepared with a level 4 haz-mat suit.

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 06:49 AM
Everyone,

Sorry if I brought the crippling crud to everyone but I felt pretty good before coming there. I had been a tad ill the night before but the stuff really got me after I arrived. I am now feeling better but am truly sorry if I made anyone get sick. I have not struck a ball since Saturday! I have a match tonight and hope I feel well enough to play.

Sid, you may be right about the Coyotes but I really don't think so. It all happened too fast and the gunshot was probably a giveaway. I don't mean to blast Texans but there are mean people everywhere. You will have to admit that Texans are rather quick to execute...

The GIF image I'll send SPetty and NBG is really one of those out of my book but certainly qualifies as a dream sequence.

SPetty, Leroy, Rushyen21, ceebee, sid, poolfool, Spiderman, Cane; everyone, thanks for another great weekend. Even dog sick, it was fun.

I am designing Spiderman's winning t-shirt now. I think he'll like it.

Take care,

Deeman
don't shoot little dogs, you may meet them in heaven....
Yes, the new position of the marker was a happier face.

SpiderMan
03-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Wow, I thought it was just me. Monday afternoon I started feeling a little queasy, and by midnight I was downright nauseated. Didn't puke, though - I managed to keep everything inside until it manifested as diarrhea Tuesday morning. Good thing, too, as I'd hate to have had that stuff coming out my mouth. I couldn't eat until Tuesday afternoon.

Don't know if we caught it from Deeman, though - maybe it was something we all ate at Pettypoint? I had about a half-dozen tamales with chili, and didn't eat any of the hot dogs. Did anyone get sick who did not eat tamales or chili?

Poolturtle ate hot dogs, but I don't think he ate tamales. If he didn't get sick, maybe we have the answer. Also, I don't think Sid got sick. I'll ask him what he ate on Saturday.

I don't think the tamales were heated to 140 oF, so maybe they had something growing in them.

SpiderMan

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 08:30 AM
You know how some men start feeling morning sickness or whatever it is that their pregnant wives do? Well, I had the same symptons too and I was no where near you guys! I almost didn't make it to Valley Forge because of it and even while I was in Valley Forge, I wasn't exactly 100% either. Things that make you go hmmm....

SpiderMan
03-23-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Wow, I thought it was just me. Monday afternoon I started feeling a little queasy, and by midnight I was downright nauseated. Didn't puke, though - I managed to keep everything inside until it manifested as diarrhea Tuesday morning. Good thing, too, as I'd hate to have had that stuff coming out my mouth. I couldn't eat until Tuesday afternoon.

Don't know if we caught it from Deeman, though - maybe it was something we all ate at Pettypoint? I had about a half-dozen tamales with chili, and didn't eat any of the hot dogs. Did anyone get sick who did not eat tamales or chili?

Poolturtle ate hot dogs, but I don't think he ate tamales. If he didn't get sick, maybe we have the answer. Also, I don't think Sid got sick. I'll ask him what he ate on Saturday.

I don't think the tamales were heated to 140 oF, so maybe they had something growing in them.

OK, I talked to Sid - he said that he had a case of the "Screaming Sh*ts" yesterday. He ate hot dogs and chili, but no tamales.

Did anyone get sick who did not eat the chili? SPetty, where did you get that stuff?

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Spiderman,

I didn't eat anything at PettyPoint but was sick when I arrived. Don't disparage the TOMALES!!!! I was heartbroken I could not eat them....

I'll just have to take the blame on this one. Again, sorry. If I had known I was that sick, or contagous, I would have stayed at home.

Deeman
please don't do away with the tomales... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cane
03-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Well, I ate EVERYTHING I could get my hands on at Petty Point, the tamales, chili, hot dogs, EVERYTHING! No symptoms here! Felt great when I left and have felt great since. It wasn't the food... uh... just how much fellowship and comaraderie was there on the 9'er??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I stuck to the bar box and gossip on the front deck and feel fine!

Later,
Bob

SPetty
03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Well, I ate ... EVERYTHING! No symptoms here!<hr /></blockquote>Thanks, Cane, there's some real good news! I am so sorry to hear that so many of us got sick Sunday.

LeRoy did not have tamales or hot dogs or chili or play on the nine footer, yet he was just as sick.

Please, y'all, rest assured that I've given the tamales the utmost care - they were bought fresh from the factory while they were still warm and put into the freezer and kept frozen until the day before you came.

I didn't realize the tamales weren't hot - someone should have told me! I did try to recommend to everyone to take the tamales off the bottom of the stack - they were hotter at the bottom. I'll be happy to not ever serve tamales again, but I sure hate to think that anyone thinks I poisoned people!

Barbara
03-23-2005, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>I didn't realize the tamales weren't hot - someone should have told me! I did try to recommend to everyone to take the tamales off the bottom of the stack - they were hotter at the bottom. I'll be happy to not ever serve tamales again, but I sure hate to think that anyone thinks I poisoned people!
<hr /></blockquote>

I've never had tomales. Could someone please explain?

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I've never seen them spelled as tomales--I believe its tamales. Anyway, read up on them here (http://www.sonofthesouth.net/tamales/Tamale_History.htm).

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'll be happy to not ever serve tamales again <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> I won't be happy iof you don't serve them again!!!! IT WAS NOT THE FOOD&lt; IT WAS MEEEEEEEEE! Yes, they are spelled Tamales!

NBG, SPetty and I decided the Dream Sequence Image I made up was a little too risque for me to send you as you might be the sensitive type.....It involved bondage and Yoga.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman
feeling better this afternoon... </font color>

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm not too sensitive so Bring It On!!!!

BendeeWendee@aol.com

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm not too sensitive so Bring It On!!!!

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green"> Done. Yoga will never be the same again...

Deeman </font color>
has long lusted after NBG's tamales (or tomales) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SecaucusFats
03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Spetty,

In order to help you investigate the possibility of the Tamales being a possible source of gastro-intestinal distress, I am selflessly willing to offer myself as a human guinea pig. I will require you to prepare another batch, pack them in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice and ship them to me. Immediately upon receipt I will bravely heat them up and scarf 'em down and wait for any signs of trouble. I am willing to undergo all this for the general well being of all. Do not fear for my health as I am gifted with a cast iron digestive system. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
SF,

They are worth the risk....

Deeman

PoolFool
03-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Detra (Charlie's Wife) got sick Monday am. She did not eat the Chili. I think Spiderman is trying to discredit the chili so when he brings his we will all be afraid to eat any other chili there by proclaiming himself the King Chili Maker at the Petty Point Chili Cook Off without there being any competition. Deeman did it.

PoolFool

SPetty
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey PoolFool,

I missed most of the demonstration of the stuff you brought that you rub on your shaft to protect against latex irritation. Can you tell me more about it?

And about those tip condoms - I really wanted to see the demonstration of those. I like the idea of protecting your expensive leather tip from the second-hand smoke, but doesn't that change the squirt factor?

Speaking of squirt factor, how does that stuff you rub on your shaft affect your squirt? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(Pool terminology is fun...)

P.S. Did you accidentally leave your concrete block behind?

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Everyone, this is just further proof as to why I love SPetty.

Rich R.
03-24-2005, 04:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Hey PoolFool,

I missed most of the demonstration of the stuff you brought that you rub on your shaft to protect against latex irritation. Can you tell me more about it?

And about those tip condoms - I really wanted to see the demonstration of those. I like the idea of protecting your expensive leather tip from the second-hand smoke, but doesn't that change the squirt factor?

Speaking of squirt factor, how does that stuff you rub on your shaft affect your squirt? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(Pool terminology is fun...)
<hr /></blockquote>
Are we still talking about pool????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Deeman2
03-24-2005, 06:45 AM
After four days we got a call from the farm yesterday. Midnight was back! He has a badly injured back leg. We believe he was shot there but he is too sensitive to touch right now. The vet will find out this morning. His leg is dragging and swollen about three times normal size, he is skin and bone after only four days. He is weak but we hope he will make it. He still has his tag, I wish he could talk so I could find out what really happened. He is shaking, scared but alive.

Thanks for all your well wishes. Tori believes her prayers were answered. We will find out later if he will get to keep his leg. I hope so as he is such a happy dog (or was). He is very withdrawn now but we hope to see him well and happy again. There is a hole in his leg but hard to tell if it is a bullet hole. It was not a trap as he has all his skin on the leg but it is very blue beneath the hair. He ate last night and drank water and Tori slept next to him on the floor.

I'll let everyone know the saga of Midnight as it unfolds.

Deeman

PQQLK9
03-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Good news Deeman. I hope midnight recovers ok. As far as the sickness, I have heard of the Turkish Trot /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ,maybe this was the Texas Trot. Glad everyone is ok.

Eric.
03-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm glad you found Midnight, Dee. I can't believe some jackass shot the friggin dog! It really got to me because I love dogs (who doesnt?) and for the life of me, could not see shooting the dog unless it was attacking somebody, which I doubt. I'm guessing it was some miserable jackass that did it for the F of it, just for fun. I think it would be MORE fun to shove his rifle up his @ss and then pull the trigger. Now that's funny. Whadda jackass.

Eric

PoolFool
03-24-2005, 08:54 AM
As I told you, after all of the complaining about second hand smoke in pool rooms, I developed the cue condom to protect your leather tip. Smoke hardens leather and I feel the cue condom will cut down on misscues. You take it of when you shoot and slip it on when sit down.
The shaft protector (demonstrated by pouring acid in my hand without harm) is a product I sold to girls in topless bars to protect against latex irratation. Of course I had to show them how to apply it. Once applied to a shaft, chalk and dirt will not build up.

PoolFool

Deeman2
03-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I know you have heard enough about this but thanks for all your concern about Midnight. Tori just got back from the vet with him. He was shot with a shotgun from close range in the rear leg and butt. He has buck shot in his tail, scrotum and leg and may lose his leg. It will be a week or so before we will know. He has a lot of lead shot in him but their main concern is his leg and infection.

Again, thanks for your concern.

Deeman
in the dog hunting capitol of East Texas....

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
03-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Who the [censored] shoots a dog??? I know I'm a city girl, but am I the only person here who finds this just a tad bit odd? Even the bad ass pit bulls or rottweilers here don't get shot! What in the name of the wild kingdom is going on here???

I'm glad Midnight's back, poor thing.

Cane
03-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Wendy,

Probably just some redneck with nothing better to do. In this part of the world there are a lot of cattle and horses... my guess is that this jerk with the shotgun probably saw SOME dog chasing his cows or horses one day, and then all of a sudden, there was Midnight and he figured he'd make sure this dog wasn't going to chase anything. I know it's wrong, but it does happen. I have to keep my dog up, because she's half Grey Wolf, Half Siberian Husky, and we do tend to have the occasional wolf problem around here. If one of our local rednecks saw her out running around, there is no doubt in my mind she would be shot as a wolf (she doesn't look like a husky, rather she took on all the features of a wolf) even though the biggest danger she poses is she might LICK you to death. She thinks all humans are here to serve one purpose... pamper HER!

Dee, didn't say it before, but I really hated to hear what happened to your dog. Hope Midnight will be fully recover.

Later,
Bob

SpiderMan
03-28-2005, 08:23 AM
In rural areas, farmers and ranchers are notorious for shooting free-running dogs on their property. The exception may be if it's a known neighbor's dog, and even then there's a limit to the number of warnings that will be given before Cujo takes a dirt nap.

Sad and unfortunate, but strange dogs running loose (even innocent pets) may be seen as potential chicken-killers or livestock-chasers. Many farmers and ranchers tend to shoot first and ask questions later, if at all.

The situation is exacerbated by city folks who "drop off" dogs in the country, thinking they will somehow "find a home". If you do this, realize that you are probably condemning your dog to a cruel and miserable death. In most cases, no one is likely to care for your unwanted pet. If your dog doesn't starve, it will probably be killed by a pack of dogs or coyotes already in residence, or shot by a farmer.

SpiderMan