PDA

View Full Version : 2005 VF - First Sad Story

Fred Agnir
03-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I had great plans this year to go to VF on Wednesday, check out a cue maker shop along the way, then go on to do super well in the Amateur Tourney.

So much for great plans. I'm actually not in VF, but instead I'm in Chicagoland for at least today on business. Grrrr. I got a call from a friend who was at VF waiting at the table that I was supposed to be playing at. My opponent was waiting for me. My opponent?... Thierry Layani. Figures. 1000 entrants, and I draw a friend.

Anyhoos, I told Thierry to tell the desk (maybe Barbara) that he beat me 5-0, 5-0. Oh well. Maybe I'll do better next year.

Fred <~~~ not yet at VF

Deeman2
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Fred,

Sorry to hear this. I had to do the same thing at the U.S Open two years ago. Having to make a living sucks....

Deeman
maybe next year for Fred....

MrLucky
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Well Engert is in Chi town perhaps you will get to play him instead?

wolfdancer
03-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Fred, as a friend of mine says.....pool doesn't pay the rent
I think you short-changed yourself though...the scores should be more like 5-1 5-2 lol

MosconiJr
03-17-2005, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Fred, as a friend of mine says.....pool doesn't pay the rent
I think you short-changed yourself though...the scores should be more like 5-1 5-2 lol <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah Fred.....I thought you played great.