PDA

View Full Version : Baseball in front of Congress

eg8r
03-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, I decided to watch some of this today and caught a stream (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?channel=i_video&clip=LiveWebCast& BaseName=livenews&title=Live$@$Coverage&castNum=1& mediaType=wmv) on the internet. I have to say, this is the most boring thing on earth. What a waste of our tax money. There are certainly more pressing matters to deal with, than spend this time on whether or not the ball players were cheating.

By the way, I went to the Braves/Nationals spring training game last night, and I am here to say, no one on either team is using steroids. What a poor display of power hitting (this is the first spring training game I have been to that did not have at least 1 homerun). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The biggest swinger of the night (including most all the Braves starters) was a guy named Church. He hit them high and far, but they always fell in a glove. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Starting now, 2:30 the baseball players are getting ready to make their opening statements. Now it is finally getting interesting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

cheesemouse
03-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Ed,

I watched the WHOLE THING...after suffering this self inflected pain I came away with one thought left lingering in my brain. This thought was planted by one of the congressman, can't remember which one, when he said "I feel like I'm in the theater of the absurd"...

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2005, 08:28 AM
grandstanding buffoons.

I guess all the other problems with the gov't have been solved...

SecaucusFats
03-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Baseball on TV has got to be the 2nd most boring thing on the planet. Watching those hearings was the 1st most boring thing.

I'm one of perhaps a handful of people of Cuban descent who actually could care less about baseball, the rest are all devout baseball fanatics. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Baseball is my favorite sport. If it was the second most boring thing to watch on TV, I was waiting to see you type, GOLF. UGGGGHHHH!!!! I hate watching golf on TV. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Besides that, the only other things I pretty much really hate are, Lifetime station, Oxygen network, and Desperate Housewives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif My wife loves all those.

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
03-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I was disappointed with McGuire. His crying and sniffling burned me up. I think he basically told everyone that he did steroids by taking the fifth.

DG - back from Valley Forge

theinel
03-26-2005, 06:00 AM
The whole thing is absurd. Baseball not having dealt with this years ago, like all or most of the other sports already has, is largely beacause the monopoly granted to them by the very same self-serving granstanding congress now trying to milk the situation for their own benefit. Fire the billionaire baseball owners, fire the millionaire pro baseball players, fire the fat cat U.S. Congressional polititians. Who's really missing pro hockey and they were far more honest about what they do for a living than than the baseballers or the politicians are.