PDA

View Full Version : Where is everbody?

SplinterHands
03-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Is it just in my area or does it seem like fewer people are playing pool? I've been going to a tournament where the break and run contest is almost $600. Normally this would attract a big field, but last night there was only 15 people. Is poker really that big or are people sick of pool?

LARRY_BOY
03-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Last night everyone was home watching the big dance......

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2005, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> Is it just in my area or does it seem like fewer people are playing pool? <hr /></blockquote>

My local place took out three of their seven 9-footers and put in a dance floor

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SplinterHands
03-18-2005, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to hear that Wally. Talk about warped priorities. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PQQLK9
03-18-2005, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> Is it just in my area or does it seem like fewer people are playing pool? <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote> Now you have more space to do this /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://members.aol.com/allytwins/stripesmove.gif http://members.aol.com/allytwins/minidisco.gif

SPetty
03-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Turns out everybody is over at the AZB forums. It's been so dead here lately that I've had a rare opportunity to go over there and look around. Lo and behold, there's everybody!

BigRigTom
03-18-2005, 05:04 PM
All the <font color="red"> IMPORTANT PEOPLE</font color> are here, just look around you. Anyone not here should not concern you...that is my philosophy anyway.

Vagabond
03-20-2005, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Turns out everybody is over at the AZB forums. It's been so dead here lately that I've had a rare opportunity to go over there and look around. Lo and behold, there's everybody!
<hr /></blockquote>

Hi,
Now they have Chat Room on AZB.So far they are shy in the chat room.This morning Gabe Owen`s mom was there in the room.
Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-21-2005, 07:03 AM
around here everybody's got the flu

catscradle
03-21-2005, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> Is it just in my area or does it seem like fewer people are playing pool? <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortunately, that's who makes money these days, night clubs with pool tables. Well at the Super Billiards Expo I took a ride over to Markley Billiards in Norristown for a late night tournament. Talk about a throwback, it was down in a basement, nothing but pool tables and inexpensive food and softdrinks. What a pleasure it was to be there and absorb the atmosphere. The equipment was not well maintained unfortunately, but that probably reflects a lack of business due to being a real poolroom.

recoveryjones
03-21-2005, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Turns out everybody is over at the AZB forums. It's been so dead here lately that I've had a rare opportunity to go over there and look around. Lo and behold, there's everybody!
<hr /></blockquote>

I've noticed how quiet it's gotten here myself.When I post, I usually put the same post up at AZ. A post that gets 4 or 5 response here can get 25 or more responses over there.I still like this place however and the people that do take part are what counts. RJ

houseman
03-22-2005, 12:56 PM
I will be in this pool room business 12 years in april and this was the slowest winter I ever had. Hardly any waiting list at all, when it was almost every night in the past. I wish I knew what was wrong. And it wasn`t just my room.