PDA

View Full Version : Did I get Screwed?

SplinterHands
03-18-2005, 06:40 AM
After an early exit from a tournament I went to the place where I usually play. I played for a few hours with a beginning player and had a few beers. At closing time I went to pay and my tab was $65! After an almost heated argument the owner (a childhood friend of mine) came over and checked the itemized list, which had pizza and whiskey on it. Evidently, the guy who cashed me out was trying to dump an unpaid tab on me. It's a shame that this great sport has to be played in a drunken environment where the most important people are the drunks and not the pool players. It's cash only and no more tabs for me. Beware.

GeraldG
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> After an early exit from a tournament I went to the place where I usually play. I played for a few hours with a beginning player and had a few beers. At closing time I went to pay and my tab was $65! After an almost heated argument the owner (a childhood friend of mine) came over and checked the itemized list, which had pizza and whiskey on it. Evidently, the guy who cashed me out was trying to dump an unpaid tab on me. It's a shame that this great sport has to be played in a drunken environment where the most important people are the drunks and not the pool players. It's cash only and no more tabs for me. Beware. <hr /></blockquote>

Whether or not you got screwed depends entirely upon whether you ended up paying the $65 or not. If you didn't pay it, then you didn't get screwed. Someone tried to screw you, but it got fixed by the owner. If this is SOP for this place, I'd just find another place to play. If it's a one-time event, it's hardly newsworthy.

You could just keep all the money you're taking from the local pros (the ones that are scared of you...remember?) to cover things like this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SplinterHands
03-18-2005, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> You could just keep all the money you're taking from the local pros (the ones that are scared of you...remember?) to cover things like this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe I was mistaken. Played Vickery last night. Missed a ball in the first rack and didn't shoot again. He got lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif