PDA

View Full Version : hmmm a new tech tax??

nAz
03-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I cann't believe that this will ever pass...

GENEVA (Reuters)—African leaders voiced support Monday for a plan asking wealthy nations to tax their cities' investment in technology to buy mobile phones and computers for poor nations.

"The tax would feed a Digital Solidarity Fund, a United Nations-sponsored plan to use high-tech tools such as satellite telephones or the Internet to promote economic development in areas that lack even the most basic infrastructure."

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1776051,00.asp

Although i think this may be good in some ways to help poor nations i can not help but think of the miss management of the funds and the currupt leaders that will line their pockets with our tax monies.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Although i think this may be good in some ways to help poor nations i can not help but think of the miss management of the funds and the currupt leaders that will line their pockets with our tax monies. <hr /></blockquote>

No good could come of this.

The money-grubbing UN would like nothing better than to get its sleazy paws on a worldwide tax stream.

theinel
03-26-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm not suggesting that this will pass or that it deserves to but you should read the legislation that does pass or has passed recently.

Any non puff piece that passes through our national government (such as praising Baby Kissing) is needlessly long, written in language whos only purpose is to mask it's intent and designed to benefit every single congressman who signs it.

Elected official, US or otherwise, is just another job that requires doing something whether it's right or wrong so long as its paycheck can be justified.