PDA

View Full Version : Sledgehammer II

littleCajun
03-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I have heart that there will soon be a Sledgehammer II coming out and that McDermott will be producing it.

Anyone else out there have any info on it.

christopheradams
03-20-2005, 02:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote littleCajun:</font><hr> I have heart that there will soon be a Sledgehammer II coming out and that McDermott will be producing it.

Anyone else out there have any info on it. <hr /></blockquote>

I heard the makers of the "Lousivelle slugger" baseball bat are going to be producing the "sledgehammer 3" break cue. It's just going te be their regular baseball bat with a phenolic tip /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

DeathKnell
03-24-2005, 04:36 AM
yep, here's the press release:

MENOMONEE FALLS, WI.-March 11, 2005. McDermott Handcrafted Cues today announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with Mike Gulyassy, inventor of the Sledgehammer Jump Break cue, to be the sole manufacturer of the American-made Sledgehammer II jump break cue. All Sledgehammer II cues will be handcrafted at the McDermott world headquarters in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.

"Manufacturing the Sledgehammer cue in our state-of-the-art facility in Menomonee Falls is a natural progression for Mike as he requires additional production capacity because of the incredibly high demand for his jump break cue," said Claude Napier, President and CEO of McDermott. "We've built a world class cue facility at our headquarters and truly believe in the Sledgehammer technology. We are proud to be a part of the Sledgehammer heritage with the introduction of the new and improved Sledgehammer II."

McDermott Executive Vice President Nat Rosasco said that he expects the Sledgehammer II to flourish with the enhancements that both companies have put into the product. "We have taken a proven winner and made it better. In fact, we have made it much better."

Mike Gulyassy began looking for the right partner about one year ago. As he has always respected the McDermott brand and the quality of their products, he contacted Mr. Napier several months ago. An agreement was reached and extensive research and development has taken place in the last two months. The new product will be previewed at the Allen-Hopkins Show in March and at the BCA Show in Las Vegas in April.

The two companies agree that this arrangement will allow the Sledgehammer line to flourish with the added capacity and new Lifetime Warranty that McDermott is famous for. "I want to offer my loyal customers the best product and technology that I can and McDermott has allowed me to do this. I care about my customers and want to help them play better pool. The Sledgehammer II is, without a doubt, the best break and jump cue on the market," said Gulyassy.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceebee
03-24-2005, 07:28 AM
I spoke with Mike on Monday. His new SledgeHammer II will carry a warranty against defects &amp; workmanship. Abuse will void the warrantee.

The shaft will warranted against any warping.

Mike says the new Sledgehammer II will be OUTSTANDING. The cues will have a new look &amp; they now come in colors too. He's excited.

I like the "Made in America" part...

drawshot
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Any idea of when to expect the new Sledgehammer 2? I have to make plans for selling my existing one.

theinel
03-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Ceebee, this is off-topic but I've seen your signature a bunch of times and have always filed it away as "ask about it later" at some other thread appropriate moment but today is all about the moment for me so...

Do you have a breakrak or used one a lot? Would you recommend buying/borrowing one? I've have actually paid a people to rack balls for me for half an hour so I could practice breaking but a lot of them quit before the time is up and I dont blame them. I've reached a zen like state (okay for me it's more like a self delusional state) where I convince myself that I enjoy racking so that I can spend 15 or 20 minutes practicing breaks once or twice a week. I've enjoyed some level of success at one-pocket and straight pool especially when breaking well but nine-ball I find that if my break sucks I have a hard time winning at all. I recognize the possible mental (defeatist) component but would love to be able to work on my breaks more often. If you can give me any insight into the breakrak I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

DeathKnell
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Was out looking around for them this afternoon and noticed that they have shown up at the babysproshop.com web site. 6 different colors (black, grey, mohogany, walnut, blue, and pearl) and with or without wrap.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
04-15-2005, 03:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeathKnell:</font><hr> ... "We have taken a proven winner and made it better. In fact, we have made it much better."
... <hr /></blockquote>

Anybody have any idea what makes it "much better"? I'm not planning to buy one, I've already 2 break cues too many, but was curious about what could possibly make it "much better".

bustah360
04-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I broke with one of them a couple of times at the valley forge expo last month. It feels pretty good but honestly breaking with it a couple of times hardly gives me a chance to criticize it much. I'm really not used to the whole phenolic ferrule and tip combination. I chose to buy a generic break cue with just the phenolic tip due to the price they were asking for at the trade show. The wanted something almost in the range of $300 and for that price I might as well get a custom made with the same ferrule/tip on it.

PQQLK9
04-15-2005, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bustah360:</font><hr> The wanted something almost in the range of $300 and for that price I might as well get a custom made with the same ferrule/tip on it. <hr /></blockquote>

Or you could get a Fury J/B for lest than half that price and have a just as good if not BETTER cue. I am very pleased with mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catscradle
04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bustah360:</font><hr> The wanted something almost in the range of $300 and for that price I might as well get a custom made with the same ferrule/tip on it. <hr /></blockquote>

Or you could get a Fury J/B for lest than half that price and have a just as good if not BETTER cue. I am very pleased with mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My J/B came from an American Custom Cue maker. It probably breaks and jumps not much better than your Fury and I'm sure it cost more, but then again maybe it's helping feed an American family.
I'd applaud Mike G. for changing back to American made, but I suspect he only did it for the deal with McDermott not out of consideration for the American working man. I do applaud McDermott and any other American company who helps feed American workers when they could go on the cheap and go overseas.