PDA

View Full Version : old cue balls

paladin55
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Hi all!!! Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of cue ball being brown. I have 3 in there original boxes. They were made by the Brunswick-Balke-Collender Co. Their called The Diamond Cue Ball. 2 of them have a black diamond pattern inset into them while the other a dot. Any info on their use would be a great help. I was told here a fellow saw one used in a pool game back in Newfoundland, Canada way back when he was a kid. That would be about 70yrs. ago!!!!! Again thanks for any help.

Bob_Jewett
03-20-2005, 07:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote paladin55:</font><hr> Hi all!!! Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of cue ball being brown. I have 3 in [their] original boxes.... <hr /></blockquote>
They used to be used for breaking, I think. They are discussed in the Stellingas' book on billiard collectibles. The balls alone might get $20 each and the boxes make them worth quite a bit more.

DickLeonard
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I would say 70 years ago they were made by Albany Billiard Ball for Brunswick. I don't think Brunswick was ever in the ball business except as a buyer from a manufacturer.####

Rod
03-20-2005, 09:21 PM
If I remember correct the old pool room had these balls for breaking. Then switch to a white ball. It was when I first started playing. A short time later they were never to be seen again. Once I broke and the one split into three peices. I guess those were the old clay balls but I'm not sure. They sure looked ugly compared to the new balls when replaced. That room had some old stuff. Course I ain't exactly young either. LOL

Rod