PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge SBE Musings

Barbara
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Well we got back today around 12:30 from VF. Tired as all get out, too. I lasted until 10 pm at the staff party, then went upstairs for one last jaunt in the jacuzzi, and then hit the hay.

The numbers may have been a little down from last year on the Men's Open Amateur event, but we managed to hold two more tournaments then last year. A Men's and Women's Pro/Am. The format was Pros playing against amateurs. Allen is constantly thinking up more events for us to run. I brought up "Super Seniors" (80 yo +) and "Super Juniors" (less than 5 yo). The Seniors get a trophy for just showing up. The Juniors get a trophy for pocketing a ball within 5 minutes. Really, we don't run enough tournaments. Saturday night we had 7 events running at once. There just wasn't enough to do. I think we should also have a "Second-Second Chance" tournament. Okay, enough sarcasm (which is just one more service we offer), for what it's worth, this was the first time since I've been on the tournament staff that we ran all these events without an uncorrectable instance occurring. We made no mistakes and even figured out how to smooth some of the troubles spots we ran into on Saturday night with all this stuff happening.

I got to meet some new faces - naz, catscradle, RailbirdJAM, ####leonard, and Denny Stewart came up and intro'd himself. On Friday I introduced Voodoo Daddy to Barry Szamboti and then Voodoo called CC and we all wished him a Happy Anniversary. I finally ordered a Jack Justis custom made cue case and it's gonna be gorgeous. Rich R and his wife brought me this huge jar of Lindt truffles which was very much enjoyed by the tournament staff the whole time. I still have 1/3 of them left! Pete and I had a great dinner Saturday night with them if you take out the fact that it took 45 minutes for us to get our entrees served at Chumleys. Yeesh! Other than that, I had a great time. And yeah, all the regular CCBers I know and love were there, too!!

I predict a total crash at about 9 pm tonight after watching the premier episode of The Shield we dvr'd.

Barbara~~~fumes are fading...

DickLeonard
03-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Barbara I enjoyed meeting you even if just for a minute, I would look across the room and you would still be working. That is tedious work keeping a tournament running smoothly.

Cueball 1950 gave me his bag of nuts so thank you. I enjoyed meeting the CCBers and some old friends. I haven't got into the nuts so the praise will come later.####

barbara

catscradle
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Barbara,
I can only echo Dick's sentiments. It was a pleasure to meet you however briefly due to your workload. It really is the people in the trenches that make a thing like that work. Thanks for your hard work and that of the rest of the staff.
Steve.

dg-in-centralpa
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Barbara - it great to see you again. The nuts were great as usual. I really enjoyed your shamrocks, they added to the day. I finally met CarolNYC, Catscradle, Voodoo Daddy, Nineball Girl, nAz, Eric, JimmyB, Fred Agnir, and spent a lot of time talking and shooting with Rich R. and his wife. I looked all over for Cueball1950 but couldn't find him. Oh well...I'm planning on being at the CCB tourney in September.

DG - counting down to the US Open

dg-in-centralpa
03-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Barbara- if you can remember, who played in the womens WPBA tourney and who won? Where was Dawn Hopkins, I didn't see her at all. Is she and Allen on the outs?

DG

landshark77
03-21-2005, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Barbara- if you can remember, who played in the womens WPBA tourney and who won? Where was Dawn Hopkins, I didn't see her at all. Is she and Allen on the outs?

DG <hr /></blockquote>

OMG! You didn't see Dawn?? She was all over the place. She was a busy busy woman, lol. 8 Pros/Semi-Pro's played in the Women's pro tourney. I would hardly call it a Pro/Am because well if you were an amateur you couldn't play in it, lol. It was a 3 set race to 7.

Here were the match ups:

Carol Clark v. Tiffany Nelson
Sarah Rousey v. Melissa Little
Val Finnie v. Gina Kim-Lipsky
Kelly Fisher v. Kim Shaw

Winners of round one were: Nelson, Rousey, Finnie, Fisher.

Round two matches were as follows:

Rousey v. Finnie
Nelson v. Fisher

Winners of this match were: Nelson and Rousey

The finals then were Nelson v. Rousey.

Nelson finished first, Rousey finished second.

And Barbara- thanx a bunch for the nuts. They are VERY yummy. Carol as always was a trip, LMFAO...you never did send your daughters down...our plan would have been classic...eh, at least I still have some Carol Clark DNA left over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice meeting Eric., Voodoo, Catscradle, and everyone else...9 ball girl...where were you?????

cueball1950
03-21-2005, 08:44 PM
please change your signature like i asked you to. No way in this world you are a loser. you are a beautiful young lady and your husband is a VERY LUCKY MAN to have you....mike

landshark77
03-21-2005, 08:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> please change your signature like i asked you to. No way in this world you are a loser. you are a beautiful young lady and your husband is a VERY LUCKY MAN to have you....mike <hr /></blockquote>

But I like my signature...plus name one...just one... pool event that I have won??? Or are you saying I'm not cool??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanx for your kind words though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
03-22-2005, 04:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> I enjoyed meeting the CCBers and some old friends. <hr /></blockquote>
I enjoyed meeting you too Dick and I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time.

It's always a pleasure meeting new people, from the CCB, and seeing the ones we have met before.
I won't list the people I saw, because I would probably leave someone out, but it is always a pleasure.
I'm sorry for missing some. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Maybe next time.

It was a great weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-22-2005, 04:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> spent a lot of time talking and shooting with Rich R. and his wife. <hr /></blockquote>
The pleasure was ours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to seeing you in September. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SRpool
03-22-2005, 04:23 AM
I just wanted to say how nice it was to meet everyone that I got a chance to meet. I really had a great time at the Expo this year. Thanks to Allen and Dawn for holding a small women's Pro tournament. It was a lot of fun and hopefully the spectators enjoyed it.

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet everyone...hopefully there will be another chance in the future.

Take care,
Sarah

DennyS
03-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks Barbara it was real pleasure in meeting everyone. I would also like to thank Cory Barnhart for allowing me to hang around his booth. Cory and Michelle are really great people and Cory makes one real nice cue.

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2005, 08:23 AM
I was there! I was walking around with nAz. I saw everyone that I knew and there were some from CCB and AZB that recognized me from my pic and came up to me and introduced themselves. I guess it'll have to be next time...

Also, there was some chick walking around in hotpants and cutoff top. She was very muscular. Who the hell was that and what did she have to do with pool???

landshark77
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
Also, there was some chick walking around in hotpants and cutoff top. She was very muscular. Who the hell was that and what did she have to do with pool??? <hr /></blockquote>

Hmmmmmm...were they the pink hotpants Hustlin was selling with their logo across the bottom?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Hmmmmmm...were they the pink hotpants Hustlin was selling with their logo across the bottom?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Nope, she was dressed in white. She did have something on her top but I couldn't read 'cause much to nAz's pleasure, she turned back around and all we had was her view from behind.

landshark77
03-22-2005, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Hmmmmmm...were they the pink hotpants Hustlin was selling with their logo across the bottom?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>Nope, she was dressed in white. She did have something on her top but I couldn't read 'cause much to nAz's pleasure, she turned back around and all we had was her view from behind. <hr /></blockquote>

Well it wasn't me then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Also, there was some chick walking around in hotpants and cutoff top. She was very muscular. Who the hell was that and what did she have to do with pool??? <hr /></blockquote>

She probly thought she was in Vegas but, like Bugs Bunny, she should have taken a left at Albequerque.

Fred Agnir
03-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Much to my surprise, everyone I have met previously assumed I wasn't going to make it to VF. I missed my first match due to business, but I got to VF on Friday afternoon.

I was out of sorts since I wasn't quite sure what my main source of enjoyment was going to be. In the end, I didn't shmnooze enough, hit virtually no balls, but still managed to get little sleep and drink all too much goodness.

I won $260 on this first day sweating the PIT. I gradually lost the same amount at the Pit and at poker. Curses. Fun nonetheless.

I met up with the usual suspects as well as some new ones. It was great to finally put a face to Dick (####) Leonard, nAz, and Voodoo Daddy. It was also a pleasure? to have met the insane Landshark, who was able dish out as much crap as she took from the lunatics from New England. And meeting up with that sexy pixie, Sarah Rousey was again very enjoyable.

Now, two non-internet forum people I was very pleased to have met were the Ashton Twins, Joanne and Beverly. Contrary to what they may show while on the table (very intense competitors), away from the tables, these two are absolute sweethearts. And they have this wonderful English Canadian accent that really could melt hearts. Wonderful people.

I picked up nothing of excitement. Truth be told, I didn't see any must have items this year. The one thing that did strike my fancy was the Chameleon Rack, a rack designed to get a tight repeatable rack without putting the same deep dimples as the SARDO. It also looks easier to use and is half the price. If they had production models, I probably would have picked one up.

I tried a FURY break cue after my friend Shane Sinnot and his platinumbilliards.com site rated it as the fastest breaking cue. The balance for me was perfect. I couldn't shoot with it, but breaking was very nice. It had a thinner shaft than most break cues, so I assume they've done something to the shaft like cored it with something stiff. It's got a phenolic Tip/Ferrule. I can't say anything negative about this cue. If you haven't purchased a B/J, it's one to look at.

I'm going to do a quick cue article on the show. There were a lot of new vendors. It's unfair for me to do this, but I'll give my "best of show" for the new vendors to John Madden Cues. It was a pleasure to meet Jack and his wife Beverly. They were very enthusiastic and showed very well.

I also got a chance to shoot with a Bella Sera Cue, from Louisiana. Very solid, great hitting cue. It was balanced well for me.

Let's see.. the nuts were great. Barry Szamboti was great. The InsidePOOL parties were great (understatement). The after-wrap-up-party was great.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but at this moment, I'm exhausted...

Fred

landshark77
03-22-2005, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

It was also a pleasure? to have met the insane Landshark, who was able dish out as much crap as she took from the lunatics from New England. <hr /></blockquote>

Are you questioning wether meeting me was a pleasure or not??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif And I will not take offense to the insane comment, though I would like to know what gave me away...I'm tryin' to keep my mental instability on the down low. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But please elaborate on the lunitics from New England....I am blonde remember...so I have no idea who you are speaking about.

Now, two non-internet forum people I was very pleased to have met were the Ashton Twins, Joanne and Beverly. Contrary to what they may show while on the table (very intense competitors), away from the tables, these two are absolute sweethearts. And they have this wonderful English Canadian accent that really could melt hearts. Wonderful people.

<hr /></blockquote>

Fred I agree with you 100% about the Ashton twins. I played Bev in the woman's division...you'll never guess who won, lol. While Bev was the one I spoke with most during the Expo, Joanne seemed just as cool when I met her. I do hope I get to run into the ladies again...on the table and off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-22-2005, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> But please elaborate on the lunitics from New England....I am blonde remember...so I have no idea who you are speaking about. <hr /></blockquote>
I happen to know that both Fred and Jimmy B are from New England, however, I don't know which "lunitics" Fred is referring to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
03-22-2005, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> But please elaborate on the lunitics from New England....I am blonde remember...so I have no idea who you are speaking about. <hr /></blockquote>
I happen to know that both Fred and Jimmy B are from New England, however, I don't know which "lunitics" Fred is referring to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ok Rich...I thought that is who he was talking about, but I wasn't so sure...no one invited me up to visit...so I have no idea where people live. But I'm glad I now have a general location...there is still I tattoo I need to see. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I though Jimbo was from Connecticut?

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
I never saw her once. I looked all over for her. How come Karen Corr didn't play, she was at the Falcon Booth? I thought maybe they could have gotten Allison and Ewa to come since they wouldn't have to fly. Or even Julie Kelly.

DG - missed this tourney

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Mike, I looked everywhere for you and couldn't find you. I WILL be going to the US Open this year. I'll have wifey with me.

DG

nAz
03-22-2005, 06:02 PM
I wish I could have met each and every CCBer that was there but unfortunately I didn't get to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
However to those that I did meet all to briefly I must say I really wish we could have spent more time together shooting, chatting and drinking. I hope maybe next year or at some other event that may not be so hectic it will happen.

BTW ####Leonard that advice you gave me is still swirling around in my head especially when I go to bed /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif thank you. oh and by the way please thank your lovely daughter for bringing you down this year it was great meeting you... oh and I am still waiting on your book /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy B
03-22-2005, 06:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I though Jimbo was from Connecticut? <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah and CT is in New England, I'm sure Fred is talking about me, and I'm also sure Land Shark doesn't know I'm JimBo.

I'd like to thank all who took time out of the busy schedule to watch me lose my match. Also it was a pleasure to sit and chat with Rich and Kathy, always a great couple to spend time with.

JB <font color="purple"> </font color>

landshark77
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> and I'm also sure Land Shark doesn't know I'm JimBo.

JB <font color="purple"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

I do now./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice meeting you. I have a few pictures if you are interested let me know. Same with you Fred.

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Jimmy B - I watched your match and the guy you played is always a tough match. I played him before and it wasn't easy. He's not flashy but a solid player. I thought you shot well but just needed better rolls.

DG

Rod
03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
The Seniors get a trophy for just showing up. Barbara~~~fumes are fading...
<hr /></blockquote>

Now that's a comforting thought. Even if I can't beat anybody at 80 I can still win a trophy! LOL Hey, maybe I'll show up then if someone doesn't steal my walker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Get some rest Barbara, I'm sure you make Allen &amp; Dawn very pleased.

Rod

table_tech
03-22-2005, 09:44 PM
i was in s.jersey for the weekend but i did get to spend an hr there on saturday,i saw jennifer barretta shooting at the poolcube booth and i too saw the woman that nineballgirl described in her post,brunette wearing more skin then clothes,she was talking to the guy at the golfilliards booth when i saw her.

CarolNYC
03-23-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I lasted until 10 pm at the staff party, then went upstairs for one last jaunt in the jacuzzi, and then hit the hay <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Barb,
I was wondering where you went /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif-I lasted till 1 am.
I know you guys running the tournament rock 24/7, but I felt like there just wasnt enough time to do anything-working the front and Mens pro arena from 7 am till 6 pm wore me out-I was exhausted, but I had a great time-thanks for the nutz,Barb /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Did you get to sing? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2005, 03:51 AM
Hey Duane,
It was so nice to finally meet you!
Im sorry we didnt get a chance to do lunch-this year seemed so weird-there was so much going on!
Donna never made it (she wasnt feeling well) but I talked to her everyday.
I hope we still have a future "date" and I hope you had fun!
As for the womens pro-tourney-exhibition thing going on,it was 1000.00 added! It was open to the WPBA players in the top 64.The draw was:
Tiffany vs. me
Kelly Fisher vs. Kim Shaw
Val Finnie vs. Gina Lipsky
Sarah Rousey vs. Melissa Little
Tiffany was shooting awesome-it was a race to 7, best 2 out of 3 sets-
The first set Tiffany won 7-1
The second set, it was 6-6 and I scratched-thats all she wrote!
The winners bracket was:
Tiffany vs. Kelly Fisher
Val vs. Sarah
Then Tiffany vs. Sarah-Tiffany won the event-it was fun!
As for Dawn,she is extremely busy during this event, but she was around!
Peacing,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Ha HA Ha-Oh good, I just posted the same thing!
Hey Landshark,
Your alot of fun-OMG-my stomach was killing me-remember my suggestion with regard to "THE SARAH ROUSEY" cue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
See ya soon!

Rich R.
03-23-2005, 03:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> Also it was a pleasure to sit and chat with Rich and Kathy, always a great couple to spend time with. <hr /></blockquote>
Jim, it was definitely our pleasure.

BTW, thanks for losing. It would have been a very hard decision between watching you in the finals or going to the Pro finals. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2005, 03:59 AM
It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter-finally, a voice to all your knowledgeable posts! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I could go on and on,so I'll just say-
It was nice meeting all who were there-also, the azbilliard people who I met at Chumleys-everyone was great and I hope you all had a good time!
Take care of yourselves,stay well and I hope we see eachother soon!

RailbirdJAM
03-23-2005, 06:44 AM
I had a great time at this year's Super Billiards Expo. It was bigger and better than last year (IMO). Due to the huge masses of folk who flocked the Valley Forge Convention Center this year, I thought the admission process ran smooth as silk. There were 55 dedicated staffpersons who worked round the clock that made this one of my best tournament experiences to date.

Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiards set up over 176 bar-box tables, and I didn't hear one complaint from any of the players in my company. It was a first-class venue. The Pro event was held on the upper level which utilized 8 Brunswick GC's for this tournament consisting of 64 players, one of the toughest fields I've seen in a long time.

There was never a dull moment. The Action Table on the lower level was surrounded by huge crowds, and some of the spectators enjoyed making a wager on the combatants. There were a few big match-ups. Charlie "Hillbilly" Bryant beat Viginian Mark Painter for a hefty sum. Painter lost what he won from Maryland Young Gun Shawn Wilke the previous night. Young Gun Matt K. defeated Little John in a hard-fought battle which was the feature showdown of all.

Suite 1411 in the Radisson was a popular stop. InsidePOOL hosted a party which attracted quite a variety of pool folk, who enjoyed a complimentary bar. They even had Starbucks coffee drinks, the beverage of my choice!

The vendors I spoke to said this was a banner year, and it was a great chance to see their wares up front and close. Many folks enjoyed the opportunity to network and make new friends. Eurowest Cues is bringing their line of exquisite cues to the States, and the successful Hustlin USA clothing line is getting ready to launch over in Europe.

The story of the SBE for me was seeing 17-year-old Pam Treadway win her FIRST major event in the Ladies Open. She's got a very fluid stroke and is a very deliberate shot-maker. Barry Behrman, the U.S. Open promoter, watched Pam do her thing in the finals and was quite impressed with the young lady's style of play. Because of her excellent performance, she picked up a sponsor at the SBE. Last time I saw her on Sunday, she was on Cloud Nine, proudly posing for photo shoots as she held on tightly to her beautiful trophy. Young Gun Josh Brothers, who accompanied Pam to the SBE, was grinning from ear to ear, witnessing his lady make it to the top.

Here's a picture page of my experience at this year's Super Billiards Expo: RailbirdJAM's pics of the 2005 SBE held at the Valley Forge Convention Center (http://hometown.aol.com/railbirdjam/2005SBE.html)

RailbirdJAM

Eric.
03-23-2005, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'd like to thank all who took time out of the busy schedule to watch me lose my match. JB <font color="purple"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, quit bitchin, you cashed /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric

Eric.
03-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Ya gotta love Valley Forge. I've been going every year since 1921 (OK, maybe '95 when it was still in NJ). They should have something like this every month. As usual, there was too much going on and you just can't be in two places at once. I tried though. Anywho,

The Nuts:

-the usual suspects; old friends, new friends, players, Internet forum people, roadies, sweaters, betters, and everything in between.

-Charactors; A couple of years ago, two of the more vocal railbirds musta got tired woofing about Pool and decided to woof at each other about who can run faster than the other. The one guy puffed up and said"I used to be an 'Olympic hopeful' and plus, I'm 23 years old", the other taller, thin guy says "OK, you're on. Race around the building for a Dime". The "olympic" guy lost. I tried to get them to do the "Thrilla in Manilla II"(Manilla/VF...), but htey wouldn't go.

-Drama; always something. This year it was NOT me, so don't even go there! In the latest episode of "As Valley Forge Turns", it was a recurring theme. Party A disagreed with Party B, things got escalated over the phone and Internet(this is the 21st century) and all accounts were to be settled in person, in VF. The funny part was when someone was about to "have an accident and fall down", a woman bystander wanted to call security. At that time, one of the guys involved said "Don't bother, I AM Security" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif . Tune in next year for more. "Like sands thru the hour glass..."

-Screwballs; So I'm playing Pom-Pom girl for Jimmy B, along with Rich R, Mrs. Rich R and Susie. Jimbo is on the hill, in the 3rd set, breaking for the win. He snaps the 9 ball in, along with 5 other balls! I made a comment that "Hey, 6 balls on the break, you just broke Fast Larry's (imaginary)"world record". Everyone laughed. Then, a guy behind me says in a southern drawl "You know Fast Larry?" I turn slowly and say "Maybe". Apparently, this guy was from Atlanta and musta been Larry's only fan. He musta been the only guy gullible enough to believe all of Larry's false boasts and "titles" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Getting the Nuts:

-The Action tables; whadda ya wanna bet? Step up and you will get played. No matter who you are. 10, 20, buck, sawbuck, nickle, dime, whateva, someone will take your action.

-Best match; Lil John and Virginia Matt. 8 ahead, even for 5 Dimes. Skill wise, it was a good match up. Things started off back and forth til Matt makes a charge and gets the Nuts. This was the first time I checked out Lil John's game. He plays well and looks like he has the skills to go to the next level. If he doesn't go broke first. The guys got heart and isn't afriad to bet it up. The only problem is that there is a fine line between having balls and putting your balls on the chopping block...

-Up &amp; comers; John Morra, 15 yrs old, finished high in the Amateur Open.
Pam Treadway, 17 yrs old, wins the Womens Amateur Open.
Zinni Panju, age unknown, but finishes 2nd in the Women's Open after winning it last year.

Barbara's Nutz:

Well, what can I say other than I'm one of her "crack whores". They are delicious, I'm eating them right now and I thank you. Addicting stuff.

I had a great time again. Enjoyed catching up with old friends, not-so-old frineds and friends-a-new. Looking forward to seeing everyone down the trail, I'll buy the first round.

Eric

Deeman2
03-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Jan,

Thanks for posting the excellent pictures. Makes us feel like we were there.

Deeman

landshark77
03-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Also, there was some chick walking around in hotpants and cutoff top. She was very muscular. Who the hell was that and what did she have to do with pool??? <hr /></blockquote>

Did she look like this???

http://www.ihywyp.com/images////ihateyouwhenyourepregnant24%5B1%5D.jpg

Barbara
03-23-2005, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> -Drama; always something. This year it was NOT me, so don't even go there! In the latest episode of "As Valley Forge Turns", it was a recurring theme. Party A disagreed with Party B, things got escalated over the phone and Internet(this is the 21st century) and all accounts were to be settled in person, in VF. The funny part was when someone was about to "have an accident and fall down", a woman bystander wanted to call security. At that time, one of the guys involved said "Don't bother, I AM Security" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif . Tune in next year for more. "Like sands thru the hour glass..."
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL! I wish I could've lasted longer at the Staff party. Party A had a very interesting discussion with Party B's boss Sunday night. And no, someone wasn't "going to have an accident and fall down", Party A just wanted to let Party B know who they were dealing with.

And you'll always be on my nuts list! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara

Scott Lee
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
JAM...As usual, very excellent cross-section of pictures, over the weekend. The only thing missing are shots from the IP party(ies)! LOL For those of us who couldn't be there, your pictures help! Thanks for your efforts!

Scott Lee

Barbara
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
My eyes! My eyes!!

I do believe I have suffered permanent corneal damage! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara

Eric.
03-23-2005, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

Did she look like this???

http://www.ihywyp.com/images////ihateyouwhenyourepregnant24%5B1%5D.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

So THAT's what the strippers look like in West Virginia! I prefer girls without facial hair /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric

Rich R.
03-23-2005, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> The only thing missing are shots from the IP party(ies)! <hr /></blockquote>
Scott, try here for some pictures. JR included some from the party suite. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
http://www.insidepool.com/modules.php?op=modload&amp;name=Magnish&amp;file=index&amp;gal lery_ID=156&amp;cont=display_image

landshark77
03-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Rich,

I have a few pics for your wife also...how can she get them?

landshark77
03-23-2005, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

So THAT's what the strippers look like in West Virginia! I prefer girls without facial hair /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm, why do you think I shaved before VF????

Eric.
03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm, why do you think I shaved before VF???? <hr /></blockquote>

I gotcha. Next time we get together, maybe we can swap beard trimming tips?

Eric &gt;hasn't seen a bearded woman since Ringling Bros.

Jimmy B
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Jimmy B - I watched your match and the guy you played is always a tough match. I played him before and it wasn't easy. He's not flashy but a solid player. I thought you shot well but just needed better rolls.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

I can always use more rolls, Nice to meet you and thanks for sweatin my match, it was nice to have a few people NOT cheering for the other guy. He was a good player, I don't think he missed a ball the first set. I am sleeping better at night knowing I was the top finisher from the CCB :-P I figured I was going to get some rolls when I won the flip and B&amp;R the first rack, but then when he broke and ran the next I rethunk that LOL anyway I was happy with my finish, I hear they had like 73,000 players in the open (where did they fit em all?) Anyway thanks again and it was nice to meet a few other new faces.(except landshark that is)

JB

Voodoo Daddy
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
First off, it was cold {southern bones did suffer}. Secondly, I wanna say sorry for not sayin' goodbye to anyone, my ride was antsy to see the Liberty Bell. Hadda great time, met some nice people, saw some friends and made a few new ones. The highlight of my weekend besides Barbara's nutz, Carol's never-ending hugs, their husbands kindness and getting to see some of the '02 Us Open crew was meeting Dick Leonard and his daughter Christy. The man reeks of class and anyone would benifit from meeting him. Those that were there know the chaos, those that were'nt will just have to live vicariously through us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-23-2005, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Rich,

I have a few pics for your wife also...how can she get them? <hr /></blockquote>
I'll PM you an email address. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
03-23-2005, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> First off, it was cold {southern bones did suffer}. Secondly, I wanna say sorry for not sayin' goodbye to anyone, my ride was antsy to see the Liberty Bell. Hadda great time, met some nice people, saw some friends and made a few new ones. The highlight of my weekend besides Barbara's nutz, Carol's never-ending hugs, their husbands kindness and getting to see some of the '02 Us Open crew was meeting Dick Leonard and his daughter Christy. The man reeks of class and anyone would benifit from meeting him. Those that were there know the chaos, those that were'nt will just have to live vicariously through us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I thought you were gonna say diner with me????

JB

Voodoo Daddy
03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>I thought you were gonna say diner with me????

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Without question a highlight but I wasnt gonna mention your tardiness, just in time for grub. Pool Players...geez.

In real life we had a great meal and lookin' foward to seein' you again Jimmy. Oh yeah, next time we eat together, call Barry on the cell for me from 35' away, will ya? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
03-23-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>
Anyway thanks again and it was nice to meet a few other new faces.(except landshark that is)

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Eh, I wasn't too impressed with your face either.

landshark77
03-23-2005, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> remember my suggestion with regard to "THE SARAH ROUSEY" cue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

No I don't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif But at least now you're saying it right, lmao! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> First off, it was cold {southern bones did suffer}....
<hr /></blockquote>

I on the other hand, driving down from one of the worst winters New England has had in a recent years, found the weather quite pleasant. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
Nice meeting you btw.

MosconiJr
03-23-2005, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> please change your signature like i asked you to. No way in this world you are a loser. you are a beautiful young lady and your husband is a VERY LUCKY MAN to have you....mike <hr /></blockquote>
Damn, LandShark. This guy must have really, really been drunk.

MosconiJr
03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>It was also a pleasure? to have met the insane Landshark, who was able dish out as much crap as she took from the lunatics from New England.
Fred <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I though Jimbo was from Connecticut? <hr /></blockquote>

Classic!

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LandShark:</font><hr>Did she look like this?<hr /></blockquote>

Good God no! She had less hair! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> And you'll always be on my nuts list! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Whew! I hate to think I'd hafta find a new dealer /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric &gt;need that baggie

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, what can I say about SBE this year? Truth is, I've had better times. Could be 'cause I'm not into pool at the moment, I've been on hiatus before but this time is worse than others. So much so that I even left VF a day early 'cause I just couldn't take it anymore. I thought that by going to VF my pool spirits would come up but they didn't. Hopefully by the time September rolls around, I'll feel differently but right now, the Open isn't looking to promising. My apologies to nAz if I laid upon him any of my sourness throughout the weekend. But anyway, I always enjoy seeing old friends and making new ones. Dammit Landshark, I was looking forward to meeting you! In no particular order:

nAz - thanks for being there with me, eventhough I didn't want to be there. oh, and thanks for sweating my match at Markley's Open Tournament. Not too shabby considering I hadn't picked up my cue since the CCB tourney back in September!

Eric - as always, you are too funny. I love being around this guy! And you were right, after getting back to the hotel at 6 AM from Markley's, we didn't wake up 'til the crack of noon! LOL Oh, and I absolutely love Suzy! She's a keeper!

Barbara - the first thing I always see are the wild curls. and I learned something new about olives too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol - damn girl, you've gotta put a patent on those hugs of yours. i'm usually not a fan of feeling hooters against my hooters, but for you, I make the acception! love ya!

Rich/Cathy - you don't see one without the other. always a pleasure running into you both.

VoodooDaddy - one of my original guys from the '02 crew. seeing you definitely put a smile on my face and made me feel that my trip was worth it.

Dick Leonard - you have a je ne sais crois about you that just makes me want to listen to your stories forever and a day! i felt like just sitting cross-legged on the floor and beg you to "tell me another story, pleaaasssseeee!" LOL your daughter was cool too.

cueball1950 - the first CCBer that I came across. one day i'm going to see you with a Hog 'cause you're looking more and more like a biker dude!

Fred Agnir - always the cutie and you've gotta love that sense of humor. i'm still remembering the special smell in the rental car from the Open of '03. Teehee.

Jimbo - you shoulda seen the look I got from the folks that were sweating the match with the guy you were playing when I clapped for you. Classic! get 'em next time!

Duane - i've got an idea. teach your daughter to play, get her a cue of her own and a case that reads "my first cue". we can rack up on the dough!

catscradle - we met at Markley's although a brief encounter, it's always nice to put a face behind the posts.

Heide, Chris, Spike - my favorite Quad City dwellers. The phone rings, Heide picks up and says, "Hello?" I say, "Heide?". She says, "Yeah?" I say, "It's Wendy". Her response, "Oh $hit!" You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take the New York out of the girl! Classic! Chris, I couldn't get what you wanted--they sold out on the first day and I only got there on the 3rd. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Spike, too bad I'm too old for you!

Barry Szamboti - like last year, you're right up there with the best greeting!

RailbirdJAM - always chatting it up with someone, but still managed to say Hi in passing.

Tony R. - maybe next time! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I have to say that I was very impressed at the young guns. Especially John Morra and the guy he was playing, Chris (don't know the last name). I was in absolute awe. Not because they can pocket balls and their speed and positioning skills are enviable, but because they know how to work the table. Especially at getting out of a jam and putting their opponent in a jam. And they're not even Pros! I wish I had skills like that! John is 15 and everyone was sweating this one match on Satuday night, and he was just so well poised and his composure was excellent. Especially when the betting started and he just got up off of his stance, stepped aside and waited. Too bad he's so young too!

Oh, and although nAz and I knew that we were going to meet up with everyone at Chumley's at 7PM, we got so caught up at the action tables that by the time I noticed the time, it was 8:30PM. Oops!

landshark77
03-23-2005, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Dammit Landshark, I was looking forward to meeting you!
<hr /></blockquote>
Eh, maybe I can talk the man into going to the Open this year. I was around all four days...I just forgot to look for you, lol. Plus, I think you may have lucked out. Let's review the critics:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>
Anyway thanks again and it was nice to meet a few other new faces.(except landshark that is)

JB <hr /></blockquote>

It was also a pleasure? to have met the insane Landshark, who was able dish out as much crap as she took from the lunatics from New England. <hr /></blockquote>

And even MosconiJr had to throw in some action even though we have never met, lol:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> please change your signature like i asked you to. No way in this world you are a loser. you are a beautiful young lady and your husband is a VERY LUCKY MAN to have you....mike <hr /></blockquote>
Damn, LandShark. This guy must have really, really been drunk. <hr /></blockquote>

Plus I am sure there are others who have yet to comment, lol.

Landshark &lt;- the people person /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catscradle
03-23-2005, 02:06 PM
catscradle - we met at Markley's although a brief encounter, it's always nice to put a face behind the posts.
<hr /></blockquote>

It was a pleasure to meet you and naz too. I am usually a little tongue-tied in social settings, so sorry if I didn't have a lot to say. Also I was totally enthralled with the play of that guy Mark. If you know the guy I mean, did he win? I think he had a blue shirt on, dark hair, average height, incredible position play.

dg-in-centralpa
03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Carol - of course our "date" is still on. I'm sorry Donna couldn't make it. I was hoping to get some "dirt" on a young Carol. LOL I always have fun at this show. It's what we call "organized chaos".

Duane

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 02:31 PM
You know, come to think of it, I don't know who won. After nAz and Eric were through, we left and it had to be about 5ish AM I think. I know who you're talking about though.

Say, in the downstairs area of the Expo (I think it was downstairs), I happen to turn around and see you again and I waved at you. Remember? Who was the other guy with you? He waved too.

dg-in-centralpa
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Wendy - my daughter already has her own cue and case that says "My First Cue," unfortunately she's a freshman in high school and doesn't have time to practice. Hopefully this summer she'll take more of an interest. Then you guys can hook up.

Duane

Eric.
03-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Eric - as always, you are too funny. I love being around this guy! And you were right, after getting back to the hotel at 6 AM from Markley's, we didn't wake up 'til the crack of noon! LOL Oh, and I absolutely love Suzy! She's a keeper!

<hr /></blockquote>

I enjoyed hanging with you and Naz too. I love to hang with like minded people.

Hey, at least I got you guys back on time for the hotel's continental breakfast. Don't they start serving at 6? It's a good thing I sucked at Markley's and couldn't win my last match otherwise we would have GOT BACK bright and early at the crack of Noon.

You're right about Susie, she is cool. Hopefully, she thinks I'M a keeper too. Ahh, the dating wars...

Eric

catscradle
03-23-2005, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> You know, come to think of it, I don't know who won. After nAz and Eric were through, we left and it had to be about 5ish AM I think. I know who you're talking about though.

Say, in the downstairs area of the Expo (I think it was downstairs), I happen to turn around and see you again and I waved at you. Remember? Who was the other guy with you? He waved too. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah I remember seeing you again, you were with Naz, but I don't remember who was with me. If it was a younger guy (late 20's) it was my friend Kerry, a friend of mine who lurks here some, he recognized you first when we were at Markley's. I think he recognized your name when you were announced for a table, how he knew your real name I don't know.
If it was a guy about my age it was a friend Harry, who lurks in back alleys and he was just being friendly. Only kidding, I don't know if he lurks in back alleys or not, I do know he plays pool well.

CarolNYC
03-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Cool,Duane!
Your right on the money as far as "organized chaos" LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But I do have two suggestions for next year:
All motor homes should park in the lot behind the Radisson.
And if they're going to allow smoking, the hotel should have MAJOR smokeeaters or exhaust fans-if not-no smoking!
Downstairs was just unbelievable and Im a smoker! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

See ya soon!
Carol

Rich R.
03-24-2005, 04:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> And if they're going to allow smoking, the hotel should have MAJOR smokeeaters or exhaust fans-if not-no smoking!
Downstairs was just unbelievable and Im a smoker! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Tap, Tap, Tap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cathy and I spent very little time downstairs, inpart, because of the heavy smoke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
03-24-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, it was cold <hr /></blockquote>
LMAO-poor Baby!You just have to come North more often, ya know what I mean?
Everytime me and Steve would walk through the Expo, someone would stop me to talk-I'd turn around and 'LOST STEVE!"
For anyone who has met Steve. how do you LOSE Steve? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Love ya Steve!

Voodoo Daddy
03-24-2005, 04:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Everytime me and Steve would walk through the Expo, someone would stop me to talk-I'd turn around and 'LOST STEVE!"
For anyone who has met Steve. how do you LOSE Steve? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Love ya Steve!
<hr /></blockquote>

Lose Steve? More like "stop and get into a 5 minute conversation and then remember I was walking with Steve"!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. NYC in the fall, does that sound ok? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

catscradle
03-24-2005, 05:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Cool,Duane!
... if they're going to allow smoking, the hotel should have MAJOR smokeeaters or exhaust fans-if not-no smoking!
<hr /></blockquote>

I concur with that 100%, I'd be out of there as soon as my match (or one I was watching) was over. Never gave those basement (or is it first floor) vendors a look. Even watching the woofing at the action tables couldn't keep me down there for more than 15 minutes. The worst part was that the food vendors were down with the smoke, now that makes tremendous sense. I and 2 friends were eating at one of those tables and some smuck reaches over my shoulder snubs his cig half out, leaves it smoldering in an ash tray, and walks away without so much as a "how ya doing". One of the 2 people I go down there with every year says she isn't going to go next year if it isn't changed. I don't think it will change frankly, but it would be nice.
I think the smoke eaters were doing an okay job, but even a single smoker can generate an awful lot of smoke when in a pressure situation like a match or sweating a bet.

BTW, nice meeting you briefly at the AZ Billiards gathering.

Eric.
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
First off, it was cold <hr /></blockquote>
LMAO-poor Baby!You just have to come North more often, ya know what I mean?
Everytime me and Steve would walk through the Expo, someone would stop me to talk-I'd turn around and 'LOST STEVE!"
Love ya Steve!
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree, Carol. We need to get him up here more often.

Hey, good seeing you, wish we had more time to hang!

Eric

MosconiJr
03-24-2005, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Dammit Landshark, I was looking forward to meeting you!
<hr /></blockquote>
I think you may have lucked out. Let's review the critics:

And even MosconiJr had to throw in some action even though we have never met, lol:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> please change your signature like i asked you to. No way in this world you are a loser. you are a beautiful young lady and your husband is a VERY LUCKY MAN to have you....mike <hr /></blockquote>
Damn, LandShark. This guy must have really, really been drunk. <hr /></blockquote>

Landshark &lt;- the people person /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>
Now, LS....You know to take our words as chaffing repartee and not austere ridicule.

And while we have never met in person, I feel a precognitive bond already exists between us.

Hell.....You're my horse if you never win a race.

MosconiJr (thinks he complimented LS /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

landshark77
03-24-2005, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MosconiJr:</font><hr> Now, LS....You know to take our words as chaffing repartee and not austere ridicule.

And while we have never met in person, I feel a precognitive bond already exists between us.

Hell.....You're my horse if you never win a race.

MosconiJr (thinks he complimented LS /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif) <hr /></blockquote>

Um, thanx??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif In the future please don't use those big words...not only am I blonde, but my secondary school education is from WV.

CarolNYC
03-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Hey Eric,
Ditto-its always great seeing you and nice meeting your main squeeze /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We'll get him up here!
See ya soon!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-25-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
then remember I was walking with Steve"!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. NYC in the fall, does that sound ok? <hr /></blockquote>
Remember? I NEVER forgot!!!!!!!
NYC in the fall-can you handle the weather?LMAO
Hey, tell Pete? Searing? It was nice meeting him and he makes a really nice cue!
Carol~has Steves room ready /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-25-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The worst part was that the food vendors were down with the smoke, now that makes tremendous sense. <hr /></blockquote>
Hey Catscradle,
Yep-like I said, Im a smoker but I think its gross to have food around cigarettes,yuk!
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it will change frankly, but it would be nice.
<hr /></blockquote>
Well, we'll see what happens-I put in the suggestion and I have an idea, so I'll let you know what happens /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, nice meeting you briefly at the AZ Billiards gathering. <hr /></blockquote>
You too, although it was briefly-honestly, I felt like I had no time-it was crazy!
Take care and hope to see you soon!

CarolNYC
03-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Me too,Rich!
I love you and Cathy!
Carol~waiting for the rising of the NEWT tour! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Hey Wendy,
Always a pleasure-even though you live right over the bridge, I rarely get a chance to see ya /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-and whats up with the bridge-jeesh-I went to Brooklyn yesterday-$9.00?

And Naz-Naz is just a cutie-pie-great smile and Im not too good in Spanish,but,maybe: hombre hermoso?

love you guys,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

landshark77
03-25-2005, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> -and whats up with the bridge-jeesh-I went to Brooklyn yesterday-$9.00?

<hr /></blockquote>

Take the train. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2005, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Wendy,
Always a pleasure-even though you live right over the bridge, I rarely get a chance to see ya /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-and whats up with the bridge-jeesh-I went to Brooklyn yesterday-$9.00?

And Naz-Naz is just a cutie-pie-great smile and Im not too good in Spanish,but,maybe: hombre hermoso?

love you guys,
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>$9! Sheesh! Hombre hermoso is correct Spanish. Although to me he's more like a hombre loco in the coco! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
03-25-2005, 09:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-and whats up with the bridge-jeesh-I went to Brooklyn yesterday-$9.00?<hr /></blockquote>

$9? Do ya get breakfast with that? Thats about the same amount it cost from Miami to Orlando minus the four hour drive and the several hundred you can spend visiting the mouse!!!

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Duane was that you who stood next to me and my daughter in the pit on Saturday.I thought your name was Wayne.####

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Rich, I thought there was going to be a banquet of sorts and when I got there we got a table foor 7 or 8. I was nice to meet you and your wife. I still can't believe it took me 13 years to get there.####

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Barbara you are the "Nuts" my daughters loved them. Of course I loved them too.####

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Naz I will save that for my book I expect a 20% increase in your playing ability.####

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Steve I can't say enuff about our hours together. I know we probably have heard the same War Stories from the old timers passed down from one generation to the next. Johnny Ervolino being a New yorker,Vegas Man, would really have been the one to write the book. Anyone who spent time with Cueball Kelly could have an encylepedia of stories.####

Rich R.
03-25-2005, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-and whats up with the bridge-jeesh-I went to Brooklyn yesterday-$9.00?<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> $9? Do ya get breakfast with that? Thats about the same amount it cost from Miami to Orlando minus the four hour drive and the several hundred you can spend visiting the mouse!!! <hr /></blockquote>
Hey, we're talking New York here.
On the right day, Carol's trip could have been a "four hour drive", if you want to call moving two inches at a time "driving".
And there ain't no damn mouse on the other side of the bridge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> And there ain't no damn mouse on the other side of the bridge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>No mice. But we have rats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Dick - could have been me. If people had name tags on, I tried to see their name in case it was someone from the CCB. People looked at me funny wondering what I was looking at. I was in the pit late afternoon. I went to the pit after Jimmy B's match and then left around 5pm. If you were beside me, I apologize for not seeing your name or introducing myself. How about the US Open, will you be there? I'm definitely going this year.

Duane

landshark77
03-25-2005, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> And there ain't no damn mouse on the other side of the bridge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>No mice. But we have rats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

DAMN! You stole my line!

(I don't even live in the city. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Rich R.
03-25-2005, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> No mice. But we have rats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Rats are bigger and better than mice. Why hasn't someone opened a park? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Stretch
03-25-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> And there ain't no damn mouse on the other side of the bridge. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>No mice. But we have rats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

We had a problem with Rats down at the Halifax water front. Not anymore. In the Wee hours of the Morning when it's quiet they go down with trained Ferrets to 'seek and destroy'. They are Good at what they do and the up side is no poisons or unsightly traps lying around. St.

9 Ball Girl
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> DAMN! You stole my line!

(I don't even live in the city. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif) <hr /></blockquote>Great minds think alike! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I thought I heard someone say PennslyTucky was going to pass a law banning smokig in Public Places. How anyone thinks that is healthy must have stock in Liggett@Meyers.####

DickLeonard
03-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Duane we were in the corner behind the racker. She was wearing a red coat and we watched Duane's cue while he went to get a drink. We must have looked honest.####

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Sorry Dick it wasn't me.

Duane

nAz
03-25-2005, 10:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

what does that mean? i'm guessing something good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Carol sorry we did not spend mor etime together but I have to see you real soon, my back is starting to out of wack and those hugs you give usually lines up my spine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Naz I will save that for my book I expect a 20% increase in your playing ability.#### <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I ran 44 today and last night I had a string of 25s, won my match in about 25 min.
think I may drive upstate and hang around you for a few days. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
03-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Naz,
For YOU, ANYTHING! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol~thinks Naz is a "Beautiful Man!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
03-26-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we're talking New York here.
<hr /></blockquote>
Rich,
Just to get across Staten Island (17 miles long/13 miles wide) takes 45 minutes and then I have to pay 9 bucks to come back-unbelievable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~time to take the train to the ferry to the subway,etc...and so on!LMAO!

CarolNYC
03-26-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Take the train. <hr /></blockquote>
Absolutely,or,take up jogging! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Sorry about not senidng my daughter-she was hanging with Jen and Jen got a hold of her arm first/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifNext time!
Carol~see you in San Diego?????????

landshark77
03-26-2005, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
see you in San Diego????????? <hr /></blockquote>

If I'm rooming with you and you are buying the plane tix then yes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Otherwise..no. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh, and I'll be needing your players pass too.

DickLeonard
03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Naz it takes a few weeks to become good at that method. Once you become good at the system the pictures become movie like. Keep up the method I need progress reports.####