PDA

View Full Version : Tiger stack wrap

supercueman
03-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there has had a problem with stack wraps, I got one put on at the Hopkins Expo friday. When I got home sunday I played with the new cue and it was great... When I finished I wipe the cue down with a terry cloth towel like I always do... The wrap had deep groves in it and lifted up... I was so up set I sent the new cue back to the maker for a new wrap.

MrLucky
03-21-2005, 06:49 PM
what is a "stack wrap" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

LJC_Cues
03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Where were the grooves?? were they in between each layer if so then the wrap wasnt put on correctly and that is why it came loose. Did the guy who made the cue put the wrap on? I hope so, so you dont have to pay for another wrap I do stack leather and the arent cheap! But I also guarantee all my wraps so if they come loose or anything you get a new one put on for free!

LJC_Cues
03-21-2005, 07:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> what is a "stack wrap" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Mr Lucky,

Its a leather wrap that you can make extremely smooth or suede. You can dye it any color or colors to match the cue and it looks very nice on a cue!

Cane
03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Never had any trouble with stack wraps. I have two cues with stack wraps, and both are flat and smoothe, no grooves.

Later,
Bob

SecaucusFats
03-21-2005, 10:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> what is a "stack wrap" ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It's a leather wrap (think of a leather "string")made by Tiger Products, that is wound around in a manner similar to an Irish linen wrap. Here is a link to Tiger's Stack Wrap page:
Tiger Stack Wrap (http://www.tigerproducts.com/stackleatherwrap.htm)

catscradle
03-22-2005, 04:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> I was wondering if anyone out there has had a problem with stack wraps, I got one put on at the Hopkins Expo friday. When I got home sunday I played with the new cue and it was great... When I finished I wipe the cue down with a terry cloth towel like I always do... The wrap had deep groves in it and lifted up... I was so up set I sent the new cue back to the maker for a new wrap. <hr /></blockquote>
I had a stack wrap for quite a long time, but decided I prefered a traditional leather wrap. I didn't have any problems. I'd say they screw up the install and it should be redone free.

supercueman
03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Thank you all for your words... I have emailed tiger of this problem ... I hope they will make good...

supercueman
03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
I have received a email from Tony at Tiger.... In kind words he is saying I paid $150.00 for a bad wrap and life goes on.

Popcorn
03-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Was it done right there at the show, sort of while you wait?

tateuts
03-24-2005, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> I have received a email from Tony at Tiger.... In kind words he is saying I paid $150.00 for a bad wrap and life goes on. <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I know Tony and I know he would have re-wrapped it for you. However, I think it's disappointing that they didn't do something else for you under the circumstances.He did a couple of regular leather wraps for me and did a beautiful job.

I haven't seen a stack leather wrap react that way. I wonder what happened?

Chris

Cane
03-24-2005, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supercueman:</font><hr> I have received a email from Tony at Tiger.... In kind words he is saying I paid $150.00 for a bad wrap and life goes on. <hr /></blockquote>

Just curious, did Tiger do this wrap or was it an independant who had the material that did the job for you? If it was Tiger or one of their reps, then I'd think Tony would stand good for it, but if it was someone not associated with Tiger putting their product on, then the one who did the job should stand behind it.

later,
Bob

catscradle
03-24-2005, 08:46 AM

I just reread your original post. I would expect Tiger to make good on the bad job if they did it, by "make good" I mean replace it with another stack wrap. However, if you decided to have it replaced with another traditional leather wrap put on by somebody else I wouldn't expect them to pay for it.