PDA

View Full Version : Squeezable Jelly Sucks!!

Nostroke
03-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Every time i make a sandwhich with that garbage, the damn jelly just slides right outa the sandwhich. What kinda crap is that?

I feel totally ripped off wasting all that jelly on the plate and on the floor! Not to mention clean up time is like triple!!

Im tired of suffering in silence. I want to do something about this!!

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey NoStroke, at one point I thought squeezable jelly was the best thing. Ha! I remember the last bottle of squeezable jelly that I'd bought--I was making a PB&J sandwich and I remember trying to squeeze the jelly out (it was Strawberry flavored), and I couldn't squeeze it out 'cause there was a damn strawberry in the bottle that was getting in the way! I've since gone back to the old ways of getting jelly in a jar, scooping it with a spoon, and spreading it on a slice of bread.

Nostroke
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I only use Grape Jelly so I havent had that problem and maybe u havent had mine but hey, you have to use the knife on the PB anyway, so what's the sense?

SPetty
03-23-2005, 03:23 PM
And here I thought he was talking about the squeezable jelly inside the Frooze Pop that you have to suck to get out!

BWAAHAAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.pettypoint.com/USOpenPics/frooze.jpg

9 Ball Girl
03-23-2005, 06:34 PM
OMG!!!! I've lost like 15 lbs since that picture!!! And man, I had to really get my sucking maching going! Woohoo!

highsea
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Hmmm, you have a certain look in your eyes too! Lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dbankjr
03-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Have you ever had that Kentucky Jelly..all I have ever seen it in is a tube, and man it is slippery stuff too..bet you couldn't get that to stay on a sandwich either. Moreover, now they have it so it gets warm right out of the tube..so I bet that's even worse. You'd think with all the effort they went to they could at least come up with more than just one flavor.."CLEAR"..what kind of flavor is that..they must be ashamed of it since they abbreviate the state name on the tube..always says KY on it..never heard of any other state jellys..Never an Indiana, IN Jelly (well then someone would be looking for an OUT Jelly)..or an Ohio, OH Jelly (and that's even kinda catchy)...and that Kentucky Jelly has been in every state I've ever been in so somebody must like it..you'd think other states would join in...or maybe I'm just sick and twisted..lol

Wally_in_Cincy
03-24-2005, 07:02 AM
sure doesn't have much flavor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
03-24-2005, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> OMG!!!! I've lost like 15 lbs since that picture!!! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">NBG,

...and you have proof by the photo of us I sent you...LOL.. </font color>

Deeman
need SPetty to forward me a froozpop...

landshark77
03-25-2005, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I only use Grape Jelly so I havent had that problem and maybe u havent had mine but hey, you have to use the knife on the PB anyway, so what's the sense? <hr /></blockquote>

Just as long as your not getting Jelly in the PB jar or PB in the Jelly jar......talk about gross...that is worse than bread crumbs in the butter tub. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Stretch
03-25-2005, 09:44 AM
I was raise on PB@J sandwiches. There are "rules". Butter first, spread PB second, jelly (must be jelly cause jam don't shake like that lol). REPLACE LIDS, deposite knife in sink along with cutting board crumbs. Offenders will be delt with immediately by kitchen staff.

Squeezable Jam? What sort of abberation is that! Short of floating in space and sucking nutrition though a tube i'll chow down the old fashioned way thanks. There are some strange sights with food now. When i saw purple Ketchup i knew things were very wrong with the food industry. St. ~~everyone should grow thier own~~

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> ...Squeezable Jam? What sort of abberation is that! ...<hr /></blockquote>

Almost as much of an aberration as when they tried to mix PB &amp; J in the same jar back in the 60's. It just was not right.

I was watching food tv the other day and they said peanut butter and bacon was so popular back in the 50's you could buy it in a jar pre-mixed.

I never heard of that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

landshark77
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I was watching food tv the other day and they said peanut butter and bacon was so popular back in the 50's you could buy it in a jar pre-mixed.

<hr /></blockquote>

Maybe we'll get lucky and Bacon Whores will and it to their menu. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nhp
03-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah I've had this urge to punch the inventor of squeezable relish. That pissed me off. I made hot dogs the other day and I bought that frickin squeezable relish instead of the jar, what a waste of money! You try to squeeze a little relish out and either it gets clogged and nothing comes out except for a whole lot of relish juice, and so you try to squeeze harder to get rid of the clog and this gigantic glob of relish spills onto your hot dog. The only way to use those damn things is to unscrew the top and use a knife to get the relish out. Worst invention ever, I hope that company implodes.

Nostroke
03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
That PB &amp; J in the same jar is still available Wally- I just saw it the other day. Never condsiderd buying it though but someone must be.

theinel
03-26-2005, 03:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Every time i make a sandwhich with that garbage, the damn jelly just slides right outa the sandwhich.<hr /></blockquote>

I just started posting in these forums (I've been reading / lurking for years) but this has got to be the funniest thread ever! First I've got to say that jam always beats jelly. Second, squeezable convenience will always beat the inspreadably hard work of cleaning up the jelly that gravity insists on getting all over the place.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>...Squeezable Jam? What sort of abberation is that! ...<hr /></blockquote>
I've gotta say it didn't taste great but you've gotta admire the pure laziness of the idea.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> OMG!!!! I've lost like 15 lbs since that picture!!!<hr /></blockquote>
If that's the same you as in your standard posting pic then you are doing something right! Please post your dieting technique keeping in mind that I already play pool 20-40 hours a week so I dont have much access to health foods.

You guys are great! Thanks for the laugh.

PB &amp; J rules!