PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Shot

littleCajun
03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Playing Nine Ball, You have cue ball in hand. What is the shot?

START(
%Ar8O2%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8P9%Pg9V9

)END

Barbara
03-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Block the 1 with the 6 or 5. Make your opponent blast the pack open when he gets to the table.

Barbara

Rich R.
03-24-2005, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Block the 1 with the 6 or 5. Make your opponent blast the pack open when he gets to the table.
<hr /></blockquote>
Barbara, I can't see your logic.
The game is 9-ball and the one is the middle ball on the rail.
If I understand you correctly, the only way to block it in with the 5 or 6 is to have a bad hit, giving you a foul. Your opponent can just re-foul, until you blast the pack or get three fouls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Am I missing something. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barbara
03-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Rich,

The opponent is one the first foul. And yes, I would be taking an intentional foul, but my opponent would be reaching 3 first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara

Eric.
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Depends on your opponent &amp; waht the score is. If I was playing someone that doesn't usually run more than a couple of racks, and I was a few racks ahead, I might try this:

START(
%Ar8O2%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8P9%Pp2L9%Wq3O3%Xp4M8%Y n1Z2%Zq2Q2
%[f3P2%\l0Z8
)END

Thin the 1 ball, skin off the 9 to move both slightly and get safe behind the 5&amp;6 to hopefully end up like this:

START(
%An8P8%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Io6V0%Pe1M6%Wq3O3%Xp4M8%Y n1Z2%Zq2Q2
%[f3P2%\l0Z8
)END

Then, with a little luck, maybe your opponent will foul and you can go for the 1/9 combo and possibly be safe a second time by sending the 1 up table if you miss.

If your opponent is strong or if it's a tight match, I might shoot this:

START(
%Ar8O4%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8Q9%Po2M1%Wp9N3%Xp0M8%Y f9Z1%Zq7O9
%[Q4Q9%\e4Z0
)END

Concentrate on keeping the CB right there, shooting with a medium stroke and using low inside english to pinch the OB up table:

START(
%AO5P8%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8Q9%Pq3O1%Wp9N3%Xp0M8%Y f9Z1%Zq7O9
%[Q4Q9%\e4Z0%eC0b3
)END

This is more conservative, doesn't necessarily win you the game, but doesn't sell you out either.

Also, like Barbara mentioned, 3 fouling is another option.

Eric

cheesemouse
03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
START(
%Ar8O2%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8P9%Po7O2%Wm8O2%X^9N9

)END

Hit this dead level, dead center, and double kiss the cb straight back thru the two object balls with enough speed to pull the cb on the end rail at the opposite end. If hit properly the one ball will end up free and you will have gotten a rail and also left your man long and hooked...

smfsrca
03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
This one is a no brainer.
Shoot a full hit stop shot.
Leaving the the cue ball near where the one ball was.
Leaving the one ball on the opposite end rail, possibly hooked.
START(
%Ar8O2%Ek7M6%Fk8P5%Hr8M3%Ir8P9%Ph2V4%Wq4P2%Xh5V2%Y c3D5%Zr1N8
%[D9N6%\b6C9
)END

Rich R.
03-24-2005, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Rich,

The opponent is one the first foul. And yes, I would be taking an intentional foul, but my opponent would be reaching 3 first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Duh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I just read it again and realized that you already had BIH, which means the other player must be on one foul.
My bad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TennesseeJoe
03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
LittleCajun: Someone moved your cheese. Look at Erics example---the eight and nine balls are much further apart. What gives?
If my opponent was not that good or I was ahead in the session a double kiss on the one ball into the nine to pocket the nine (also would leave a safe if missed). It just depends on your skill and how close the one and nine are.

littleCajun
03-24-2005, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TennesseeJoe:</font><hr> LittleCajun: Someone moved your cheese. Look at Erics example---the eight and nine balls are much further apart.

<hr /></blockquote>

I guess they are little farther apart. But the reason I posted this is because I just picked up this shot. You can pocket the nineball here without a double kiss. Any one else see it.

Also lets play Texas Express rules were there are unlimited fouls.

tateuts
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
There's no question - I would shoot Eric's thin hit safe - exactly what I thought of and easy to execute. Chances are the next shot is you with ball in hand with a combo on the nine.

The shots sending the one into the rail are too risky. If the one ball kicks back into the 9, 8, or possibly the cueball, the risk is opening up the table with only a few balls left to pocket - never a good choice.

Chris

TennesseeJoe
03-24-2005, 12:48 PM
OK , for the trick shot of the day. Just drop the cue ball from about 6 inches above the one and nine so it hits the one first and then hits the nine into the corner. Then grab the cash and run like hell.

BigRigTom
03-24-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I guess they are little farther apart. But the reason I posted this is because I just picked up this shot. You can pocket the nineball here without a double kiss. Any one else see it.<hr /></blockquote>
Looks like you should be able to place the cue ball between the 5 &amp; 8..(close to the 5), the 1 ball dead and full with maybe 1/2 tip of low left medium speed.
The 1 will hit the rail the send the 9 to the corner pocket for a win.
Am I wrong? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

littleCajun
03-24-2005, 12:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

I guess they are little farther apart. But the reason I posted this is because I just picked up this shot. You can pocket the nineball here without a double kiss. Any one else see it.<hr /></blockquote>
Looks like you should be able to place the cue ball between the 5 &amp; 8..(close to the 5), the 1 ball dead and full with maybe 1/2 tip of low left medium speed.
The 1 will hit the rail the send the 9 to the corner pocket for a win.
Am I wrong? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Way to go BigRigTom, To bad I dont have a prize to give away. But you can hit half of the one, crush the rail and the 1 will come off and pocket the nine. Cool little shot.

But I do Have to give credits to Carl Oswald who learned this from Bob Jewitt (sorry for misspeeling your name, I cant spell to save my life) who inturn shared it with me.

Eric.
03-24-2005, 01:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> There's no question - I would shoot Eric's thin hit safe - exactly what I thought of and easy to execute. Chances are the next shot is you with ball in hand with a combo on the nine.

The shots sending the one into the rail are too risky. If the one ball kicks back into the 9, 8, or possibly the cueball, the risk is opening up the table with only a few balls left to pocket - never a good choice.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I was gonna use my jump cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tateuts
03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> There's no question - I would shoot Eric's thin hit safe - exactly what I thought of and easy to execute. Chances are the next shot is you with ball in hand with a combo on the nine.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I was gonna use my jump cue /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Touche, oh Jumpmeister!

cheesemouse
03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
I thought you were looking for your best % shot that would get you the win....what are you all? "C" players???

theinel
03-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm 100% with cheesemouse on the straight back double kiss. If you are a decent shooter it makes you the favorite to win.

cheesemouse
03-26-2005, 06:32 AM
theinel,

Hey, there is a player out there...I was starting to wonder if I was missing something here. It is always nice to find agreement from a 'player' in this crazy pool world....LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif