PDA

View Full Version : Song Title Revised for Baby Boomers

Rich R.
03-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Subject: 60's song titles revised (for baby boomers)

It was fun being a baby boomer...till now. Some of the artists of the '60s
are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers.

They include:

1. Herman's Hermits: Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker

2. The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Hip

3. Bobby Darin: Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash

4. Ringo Starr: I Get By With a Little Help from Depends

5. Roberta Flack: The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face

6. Johnny Nash: I Can't See Clearly Now

7. Paul Simon: Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver

8. Commodores: Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom

9. Marvin Gaye: I Heard it Through the Grape Nuts (featuring the California Prunes)

10 Procol Harem: A Whiter Shade of Hair

11. Leo Sayer: You Make Me Feel Like Napping

12. The Temptations: Papa's Got a Kidney Stone

13. Abba: Denture Queen

14. Tony Orlando: Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling if you Hear Me Fall

15. Helen Reddy: I am Woman, Hear me Snore

16. Willie Nelson: On the Throne Again

17. Leslie Gore: It's My Procedure and I'll Cry if I Want To

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Very funny! If I was still in the record business, I could sell lots of these songs. I used to supply all the dj's and bars with novelty songs - clean and x-rated. The dirtier the better I could sell it. What a fun time that was.

DG

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> The dirtier the better <hr /></blockquote>

I recall "The Rodeo Song" getting a hell of a lot of juke time back in the day

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
There were a couple others that were real popular. Do you remember "2nd week of deer camp," "Blow Me," and "Strokin?"
In one year I sold over 500 copies each of 2nd Week and Blow Me. They were on every juke box and every dj had multiple copies. Guys would request Blow Me for a girl at the bars.

DG

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 11:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> "Blow Me," <hr /></blockquote>

I missed that one.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>.."Strokin?"
..<hr /></blockquote>

Clarence Carter. Damn I am sick of that one. Hopefully I'll never hear it again. I would rather hear "Patches" a thousand times.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> "2nd week of deer camp," <hr /></blockquote>

It's the 2nd week of deer camp
and all my friends are here
we drink, play cards, and shoot the bull
but never shoot no deer

that's a funny one.

SPetty
03-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Wonder if it's geographical? I've heard "Blow Me", everyone's heard "Strokin'", but I don't remember hearing the deer camp or rodeo song.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Wonder if it's geographical? I've heard "Blow Me", everyone's heard "Strokin'", but I don't remember hearing the deer camp or rodeo song. <hr /></blockquote>

The deer camp song is played every year by one local radio funnyman. That's the only place I have heard it.

The rodeo song was absolutely everywhere back in the 80's.

<font color="red">Edit: </font color>

Well, it was around here anyway. I just googled it and I can't find anything. Hmmm

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Well it's 40 below and I don't give a f*ck got a heater in my truck and we're off to the rodeo...... pi$$ me off, you f*ckin' jerk.....

Blow me, you hardly even know me, just say to yourself blow me and blow me tonight, A handy will certainly be dandy, it's not enough to slow me you got to blow me tonight. When you part your lips that way, oooh I need you night and day, when you squeeze my balls so tight, I want to blow my load with all my might....

Duane - this was sung with a Sinatra type singer - an absolute riot

dg-in-centralpa
03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Blow me was done by Red Peters. It can be found on a compilation CD of party songs.

DG

Wally_in_Cincy
03-25-2005, 02:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> ...Red Peters....<hr /></blockquote>

LOL

SPetty
03-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Nevermind. I guess I heard something else.

SecaucusFats
03-26-2005, 12:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Nevermind. I guess I heard something else. <hr /></blockquote>

Does anyone remember the "Azzhole Song" from the late '80's? :

Have you always been an Azzhole ?
Or have you practiced all your life?
I bet you even got an azzhole for a wife.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yes, I'm an ocassional A-hole. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

theinel
03-26-2005, 02:15 AM
Thankfully it's been years since I've heard the song but "Strokin" by Clarence Carter or whoever actually wrote the song used to be a huge hit in most of the places that I was playing in 10 years ago. Now I only have to listen to the eminem crap that's taken over in the funny but really distasteful category.