PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Supershot, TV Slop Or WHAT??!!

Sid_Vicious
06-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Anybody who knows tables and pool and ANYTHING about "the rolls" surely knows that the selection for the supershot on espn's match tonight was putrid. The CB position after the kick for the safety went wild to start with, it was shot with med to fast speed, and then the OB hits NOT EVEN on the point of the pocket at THAT angle and STILL GOES DOWN! Are we playing bar pool on TV now???sid~~~that table was forgiving as crap(IMMOSFO), at least that one pocket, including Gerda's slow roll that fell earlier, shame on ESPN

cheesemouse
06-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Sid,
I agree. That was pretty lame. And when Gerta was lining up that two rail kick where she scratched in the side. The Husband and wife where making small talk. Gerta cut the cheese on that one. That was a jump situation big time. Gerta played bad for that level.

MikeM
06-03-2002, 09:21 PM
I thought the same thing when they showed that replay Sid. Don't go too hard on ESPN though. They did manage to get my face in the background a couple of times. They can't be all bad!

MM

Doctor_D
06-04-2002, 04:42 AM
Good morning:

Super shot, I think not!!!

Dr. D.

Wally_in_Cincy
06-04-2002, 05:57 AM
Why oh why do they always pick a slop shot for the "Super Shot"?

I don't think you mentioned that the OB caromed off another ball before it went in.

Doctor_D
06-04-2002, 06:19 AM
Good morning:

Maybe, and this is just a maybe, they needed a shot for the "Super Shot of the match and, with NO other shots worthy of note, the slop shot was better then NO shot...

Oh Well!

Dr. D.

Sid_Vicious
06-04-2002, 07:10 AM
Yea Cheez, my house cat can attest that I was talking to the tv, "That's a jump shot. What? THAT'S a jump!" Go figure, somehow Gerda came in with no head for the game beginning with the first shot after her initial break. I saw a table run and then she dogged the first ball. Everybody has a bad day, but I still don't understand the kick on that obvious jump. That's just not thinkin' right...sid

Kato
06-04-2002, 07:19 AM
If the shot is slop then there is no need to insult us. We watch a shot and know if it is good or not. Maybe "Joe Bar Fly Banger" thinks it's "totally awesome" but to people that pour hours of their lives into this game we know differently.

In the future, if there are no shots then they don't need to run the SuperShot feature. Instead, couldn't they do a player interview? Show us how to defeat the Sardo gizmo, whatever. Just my thinking

Kato~~~World Champion of the Chair

Chris Cass
06-04-2002, 08:22 AM
Hi Sid,

Not to change the subject because, I didn't see her match. About a 3weeks ago or so, I saw a match featuring Alison Fisher. She, I might add is one of my all time favorites playing.

She wins the match, shooting the 9 in and with the cue ball still in motion. She throws her cue, on the table. I along with my opponent playing some 1 hole. Looked at each other and said at the same time, " What? Has she lost her mind?"

That cb hits the stick and she's out $20,000 or something. I don't, for the life of me understand how someone could be so, careless. I would have said, good that's what you deserve.

Even if it was a bad camera angle. There's some things you don't take for granted. Cue ball in motion is, one of them.

Regards,

C.C.

Gayle in MD
06-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Hi Chris, that is some story, sure doesn't sound like Allison, (my favorite too) was this a televised event? Just wondering. Also, talk about someone being off her game, poor Gerda! I really felt sorry for her, she was obviously way off her usual playing level for some reason.
Gayle in Md.

06-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Okay, not only that, but was this the most BORING match you've ever seen, or what? I was so uninvolved I started doing HOUSEWORK! I hate housework!!
Oh, and Predator had to be thrilled(NOT) with the closing shot of Gerda tapping her head with her P-BK! Talk about a lousy time for product placement!

Scott Lee
06-04-2002, 06:40 PM
sid...The shot I thought was ridiculous was the one where Robin and Ewa both thought that she was hooked a little, and would have to masse' the CB (it was either the 6 or 7 ball in one of the late games). Gerda had a clear shot at the ball, made it with NO elevation of the cuestick, and then NEITHER Robin nor Ewa made any mention of their mistake in sizing up the shot! In fact, they made it seem like they were right in their observation! Now that's a bunch of baloney, imo!

Scott ~ calls it like he sees it, and admits when he makes a mistake