PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge,,,My experience this year (long)

cueball1950
03-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Well let me first start off by saying thit was the usual experience. gwtting to see some old and some new friends.
I got there Friday afternoon and checked into the Holiday inn and went directly over to the convention center to see who was around and what was happening. Got to see some vendors that i know and talk for a little bit. Got a bite to eat and that was my 1st and only mistake i made. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH. it kept me up all night. On saturday morning i decide that i am going to head home earlier than i first wanted to cuz of feeling like crap and from being up all night running to the potty. So i decide to go say good bye to some friends. I see VOODOO DADDY over at the searing cues booth and he is getting ready to go outside to have a smoke. i meet him out there a couple of minutes later and while talking, voodoo mentions that the 1 person that he would really like to meet from this board is ####leonard. Knowing Dick like i thought i did i told voodoo that he probably won't make it. Big mistake. After going back inside with voodoo i decide to go say good bye to paul dayton whom i have known for quite a few years. As i approach his booth who do i see, right, ####leonard and his beautiful and lovely daughter. I was stunned, shocked. After the usual pleasant greetings i take ####leonard to meet VOODOO Daddy at the dennis searing booth. after talking a few minutes i decide to take Dick on a quick tour of the convention center and hunt out the people i know from this board and to itroduce Dick to as many of them that i can find. to say that my plans for leaving early had changed was an understatement. We got to see Barbara next then on to Wendy, fred agnir,naz, carol, eric. there were others that i simply cannot remember cuz it was such a whirlwind of a day. so please excuse me if i do not remember your names right now. After a couple of hours meeting and greeting everybody we decided to head down stairs where the action is/was. I forwarned both ####leonard and his daughter about the amount of smoke down there. after walking around a few minutes we worked our way to the action/challenge table. Dick's daughter got to see another side of pool that she had no idea existed. And my impression is that she was enjoying it. After about 3/4's of an hour i decide it is time for me to get going and to head home. So i say good bye to Dick and his daughter and head home ending 1 of the best days that i have ever had involving pool.

To JAM and Keith: great seeing both of you again and hopefully i will get to see you both before the Open. It was a pleasure as usual.

To: ####leonard and his daughter. thank you both so so very much for letting me hang out with you both for so long on Saturday...it really made my weekend. and having the privledge of letting me introduce both of you to some other friends.

To CarolNYC:: sweetheart please trade mark and sell those hugs. they are the greatest.

To Barbara: thanks for the nuts. ####leonard and his daughter loved them. and thanks for being you.

To Wendy: maybe someday you will get to se me riding that HOG. Until then, you keep just being the Wendy that we all love.

To nAz; when i say that the pleasure was all mine i mean it. Now to get you to Virginia for the Open:

To Rich R and his lovely wife Cathy: as usual i did not get to spend as much time with you as i wanted abd i cannot wait until Sept to see both of you again. Side note to Cathy: enjoy your retirement. after working so long for the Fed. Gov't. you deserve it.

To fred agnir: the only man i believe that was busier than alan hopkins. every time i saw fred he was off somewhere.

To eric:. the pleasure was all mine as usual. what a nice guy. a nicer 1 you will never meet.

To Landshark: what a beautiful young lady. keep playing and getting better. then maybe you can change that darn signature..lol..please send me a pm with your husbands web site. i really like his cue work.

And last but not least i have to say thank you to VOODOO DADDY for letting me hang out with him for awhile and for introducing me to Dennis Searing. You my friend are a real class act.

and lastly, i ordered a Dennis Searing cue from dennis. Only a 3 year wait. i am more than glad to wait 3 years for a cue from him.

Side note to Dick Leonard. I know that we go way way back, over 40 years. And to have had the day like i did hanging out with you and your daughter. Well, that is 1 memory that i shall cherish for years to come............mike

SecaucusFats
03-26-2005, 12:42 AM
My experience was short. I went there to buy a repair lathe and the attendant supplies. I did so, and saw some old friends--Fred Agnir, Joe Van, Sherm (of Sherm Cues) and that was pretty much it cause I was in a hurry. Jim B was recuperating in his room, so I did not get the chance to say hello. I'm sorry I did not have time to meet the rest of the CCB crowd but hey, there's always next time.

BTW, I think I saw 9BallGirl (Wendy) over by the Unique Products booth, but I am so shy that I just gawked rather than ask if she was Wendy.

Voodoo Daddy
03-26-2005, 03:51 AM
Mike, I'll say this. If I didnt know Allen put that show on I woulda thought you did. You were all over the place, like the Mayor of SBE. I'm happy that you got to order a Searing...you'll eventually have what vey few people do. Lastly, thank you for bringing Dick and Christy by the booth, truely made my weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH.<hr /></blockquote>

Unless it was brought in by my hubby and eaten by Voodoo Daddy...

Mike, you weren't the only one to suffer from that food item. I warned people if I saw them carrying one.

And meeting #### was the best!! I hope you come back next year Leonard!

Barbara

nAz
03-26-2005, 10:59 AM
hmmm I may make the open but only for a day or two, Im not hardcore enough to hang there all week, unless i was playing in the tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
wait how is the water temp at the beach over there at that time of the year?

BTW if your ever heading to the city drop a line.

landshark77
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr>
To Landshark: what a beautiful young lady. keep playing and getting better. then maybe you can change that darn signature..lol..please send me a pm with your husbands web site. i really like his cue work.

<hr /></blockquote>

Thanx. You are too kind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm glad I got the chance to run into you. Maybe one day that signature will change...but I am not deserving of it yet. Oh, and you got mail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
03-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I almost went with Philly Cheese Steak but switched to the Meat Ball Hoagie/hero/poorboy/wedge/sub instead. It was gahross. I ate just enough to ruin my appetite which didn't have to be much. Guess i made the right choice though.

Fred Agnir
03-26-2005, 06:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I almost went with Philly Cheese Steak <hr /></blockquote>I had two. No problems. Other than lack of sleep. BUt I can't blame that on the Cheese Steak.

Fred

Rich R.
03-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Mike, I'm sorry you got sick. I was wondering why you disapeared so quickly.

Take care and we'll see you in September. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-27-2005, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr>BTW, I think I saw 9BallGirl (Wendy) over by the Unique Products booth, but I am so shy that I just gawked rather than ask if she was Wendy.
<hr /></blockquote>Awwww, you should've said Hi! I'm always looking to find the face behind the posts! Oh well, maybe next time...

Barbara
03-27-2005, 09:26 AM
The chicken fingers are always a good safe choice from that concession stand. And they're not salty, either.

Barbara