PDA

View Full Version : Still No Issue Of March Inside Pool...

Barbara
03-28-2005, 03:44 PM
But I did get my April issue of BD. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've kept every single copy of every pool mag I've subscribed to since I've subscribed to it, starting from 1993 with Pool and Billiards and Billiards Digest. Heck, I have every All About Pool issue ever since I started getting it!

Barbara

SplinterHands
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I got mine. Efren is on the cover for winning the Derby City Classic.

BigRigTom
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi Barbara,
Keep the faith...I got mine today...believe it or not!
I got a message from them to call them after I posted a couple of complains on their forum.
Of course that message came in to late for me to respond last Friday and the Magazine came today.
Hang in there...it is worth waiting for. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rod
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Aa, quit your whining. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Barbara, I'm hoping you forget my comment before I meet you. I should be safe. ha ha ha

Rod

doitforthegame
03-28-2005, 06:34 PM
But I did get my April issue of BD.

I've kept every single copy of every pool mag I've subscribed to since I've subscribed to it, starting from 1993 with Pool and Billiards and Billiards Digest. Heck, I have every All About Pool issue ever since I started getting it!

Barbara

www.newt9ball.com (http://www.newt9ball.com)

Barbara, funny you would mention that. I was at Mom's the other day and she is the only other person I know other than you that has every All About Pool issue. I miss being involved in pool and miss putting out the mag. In JR's defense, there were many high level events to cover in too short of a time. I*t is tough being on the road and putting out the first class publication. Don't forget, he doesn't have a huge staff back at headquarters. Give him some slack. The publication is a great one. Trust me, he ain't getting rich from it. At best it is a labor of love. Thanks for your kind words about AAP...hope all is well with you. It has been a few years since I have seen you and the Philly/ NJ crew. Have you read my book? I'm pretty sure you will like it.
Bob Campbell
formerly the All About Pool guy

Barbara
03-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey Bob!!

It was you, and all that you and Dawn Meurin Hopkins did for this amatuer sport in the North East that made it happen!! Thank You!! Thank You Both!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It is a labor of love. All of us that go through what we do or did with no expectations of realizing a profitable rate of returns. Heck, if we broke even it would be a GOOD THING!!

I had a riding subscription to AAP when I started receiving this Inside Pool magazine. I called up to the sub depo and JR answered and said he had bought your magazine and since I had a standing subscription, I was them going to receive his mag now. What a diff from the newspaper form to this magazine! But actually, I loved the newspaper form you had!

Anyway, I love the way IP publishes my articles the way I write them with free advertising with my Pechauer banner in the background with my pics. AZBilliards will also do this unless Mike H beats me to the punch with an article. These will be the only free adverts I'll give on my new website.

Bob, I loved your rag!! You really wrote up great articles like you were right there. And you were there, usually. But unfortunately no, I haven't read your book. Maybe you should shill it here just a bit! It's called "Do It For The Game", right?

Take care Bob and I hope all is well with you!!

Barbara

Barbara

Barbara
03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Aa, quit your whining. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Barbara, I'm hoping you forget my comment before I meet you. I should be safe. ha ha ha

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

HUH? What did I forget?/Not read/Should've read and forgotten??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara

Nostroke
03-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I just got mine today and coincidentally today i also got a message on my phone asking me to call back to renew my subscription. I guess they still don't have the renewal thing down too well. Last time mine elapsed i never got a card, call or anything.

I am going to think about it even though they have the best magazine out there as even though i spoke to J.R. I was NOT INVITED TO THE INSIDE POOL PARTY at Valley Forge. Two people i know that were invited did not even know that Inside Pool was a magazine!!

landshark77
03-28-2005, 07:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I was NOT INVITED TO THE INSIDE POOL PARTY at Valley Forge.

<hr /></blockquote>

Aw, shux Nostroke...I coulda got you in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara...I got my IP issue and I picked up one in VF. If you want one of them I can mail it to you. I would hate to see your collection break up. Lemme know.

doitforthegame
03-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi Barbara...here is a web site my son is finishing off. You can order the book from the site. It isn't totally finished, but it is secure. http://www.thegame.equivalents.org/
Thanks. I really think you will enjoy it.

Bob

woody_968
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I still dont have mine, and no reply to email that I have sent them.

sliprock
03-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Barbara, I work in the magazine industry and on more than one occasion, I've seen the subscribers mailing label destroyed in the manufacturing process. I'd contact Inside Pool and they could have another mag. sent to you as most magazine titles will have extra copies bound just for situations like this. HTH

9 Ball Girl
03-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I never did get to call IP about my missing issue, but for what it's worth, I received it today in the mail after work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

woody_968
03-31-2005, 11:52 PM
I made a post on IP forum,,, it was deleted. So I posted in the talk to magazine people (whatever its called) and that too was deleted, but at least they sent me a pm and told me to call them.

Guess they delete anything posted on the forum that doesnt show good for them. Yes I understand, but at least they could have responded to me when they got rid of the first one. They never did answer my email.

christopheradams
04-01-2005, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I made a post on IP forum,,, it was deleted. So I posted in the talk to magazine people (whatever its called) and that too was deleted, but at least they sent me a pm and told me to call them.

Guess they delete anything posted on the forum that doesnt show good for them. Yes I understand, but at least they could have responded to me when they got rid of the first one. They never did answer my email. <hr /></blockquote>

Should we start complaining about the April issue now so they can get an early start on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Got my April BD but no April Inside pool yet.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2005, 08:28 AM
If somebody wants my extra copy of the March IP let me know. I will mail it to you.

Barbara
04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Wally,

I'll let you know. I STILL haven't received my March issue.

Barbara

mworkman
04-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I finally received mine a couple days ago. Don't give up hope. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I am in cognigent fear of breaking up the largest continuous collection of billiards-related periodicals known. It's April now and I'm getting scared I didn't get an issue to keep the continutity alive ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara

landshark77
04-01-2005, 06:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I am in cognigent fear of breaking up the largest continuous collection of billiards-related periodicals known. It's April now and I'm getting scared I didn't get an issue to keep the continutity alive ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Well you have two offers of people trying to send you theirs, lol. I know that doesn't mean much..I'd want the one I paid for too. But let's not break up that collection..........