PDA

View Full Version : 8.1 continuous. "9ball straight pool" suggestions?

christopheradams
03-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Is there a game called 8.1 continuous where you play straight pool with a 9ball rack? I think straight pool is such a great game and wish it was more popular(TV, local and larger tournaments). I tried playing straight pool with a 9ball rack and hit the balls in rotation. Kinda hard to get a break ball though. Anyone ever thought of playing this game but without hitting balls in rotation? How about if you hit them in rotation you get the value of the ball you hit in, and if you hit them out of rotation, you get one point for that ball. This might enable getting a key ball and a break shot easier. Another option is to just forget the rotation part. Any ideas, suggestions, comments about this?
Or any other games that are similair to this. I haven't tried lineup straight pool yet, someday I'll get the info on the rules and try it out.

Rod
03-29-2005, 03:42 PM
If you want to use a short rack, rack 10 balls. Never tried it since there isn't such a game but you can if you want.

Rod

hhilario
03-29-2005, 03:58 PM
There are a couple of modifications to 14.1 and playing 8.1 is one but w/o the rotation (yes it's very hard to find a break ball) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's good for practicing and for learning 14.1 (the table is less crowded).