PDA

View Full Version : Baking,Torching,Wetting,Flaming Chalk and Tips.

christopheradams
03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
There was a post not long ago about someone who bakes chalk. 1hour at 350 was the recipe I beleive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Has anyone tried tourching it with a blow torch /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Or flaming it with a lighter. I lit up a piece with a lighter. Didn't seem to do anything special. Kinda felt like I was doing something illegal, like I was a drug addict cooking up some meth or something /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Also I tried wetting a piece of cheap sports craft chalk. I get this crap on my tables at work and I sometimes accidently put it on my cue and it just really erks me to have this cheap stuff on my cue tip. Anyway, I figured If wetting it worked, I could just wet it beforehand and then if I accidentally used it I could deal with it. It doesn't work. It goes from the worst chalk in the world to the worst wet chalk in the world. I figured wetting may cause to be less granular. Nope!
I also was wondering, does wetting a pool tip help it to hold chalk after it dries out? I wet one of my old cue's tip and I'm gonna see how it works. I heard something about this working from somewhere.

SplinterHands
03-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I blow-torch my chalk all the time. The next time your shaft gets dirty, try blow torching it too. It really takes out the slight imperfections of the wood. Then you could try blow-torching your table for a fast smooth cloth. Last but not least, blow torch the book you are writing because I don't think it has much potential. Have a good day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Troy
03-30-2005, 08:46 PM
I think you have way too much spare time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GeraldG
03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> I think you have way too much spare time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Not to mention things that make fire. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

SecaucusFats
03-31-2005, 12:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> I blow-torch my chalk all the time. The next time your shaft gets dirty, try blow torching it too. It really takes out the slight imperfections of the wood. Then you could try blow-torching your table for a fast smooth cloth. Last but not least, blow torch the book you are writing because I don't think it has much potential. Have a good day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

C'mon man, everybody knows blowtorching is so yesterday! All the really good players use napalm. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2005, 06:15 AM
If you ever make it to a national tourney in Vegas, you won't be able to take any of that stuff on the plane.

LARRY_BOY
03-31-2005, 09:51 AM
Looking at some of this guys post I think he must be lighting up something other than chalk.......IMHO.

MrLucky
03-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Boy you guys are brutal! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I applaud his determination but question the viability of this particular quest! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman2
03-31-2005, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Looking at some of this guys post I think he must be lighting up something other than chalk.......IMHO. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">as well he should be.... </font color>