PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Diamond Pro cheap?

UTAddb
03-29-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm thinking about getting a diamond pro. Has anyone here bought a diamond pro after they used them in a tournament? How much do they cut the price, did it work out? Thanks

Scott Lee
04-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Dustin...I've seen some of Diamond Pro tables go for about $500-$800 less than wholesale, after a tournament. However, you still have to get the table to YOU in TX...and
pool table freight charges can be very expensive! Good luck!

Scott

cycopath
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
The 9ft Diamond Smart tables that were used at Grady Mathews' Gulf Coast Classic tournament were sold afterwards for $3500 with the Diamond light.

I recently heard of a poolhall near my area selling their 9ft Diamond Pro table with light for the same price. That must be the going rate on a used Diamond.

I personally would prefer the Pro to the Smart table. I like the drop pockets as opposed to the ball return.

JimS
04-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I've had my Pro for about 2 years. I love it and recommend you just bite the bullett, take a few days off work, rent a truck and drive to Lousiville to pick it up...or pay them to come to you. It's as big bite all at once but over the years you'll be glad you took the leap.

supercueman
04-06-2005, 07:13 AM
I bought a diamond pro at the show last year new... The price they gave me was great.... I have a friend who bought 2 at the show.... I think is you have a truck and ready to move the table out you will get a deal....

UTAddb
04-06-2005, 11:18 AM
How big of a truck would I need? I assume a minivan wouldn't work. Any idea how much transporting it would cost? Thanks

ceebee
04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
You can put a Diamond Pro in a 8 ft pickup. The entire table breaks down. A cargo minivan would be ideal, because you might encounter rain in your return.

You by a good Gold Crown in Tulsa for $2000

You can buy a restored 8 foot Gold Crown I in Dallas for $2500 (great table size for practicing, if you play on 9 footers & Bar boxes).

cycopath
04-07-2005, 09:41 AM
When my dad and I went to get his Diamond Pro, he rented a small enclosed U-Haul trailer. It worked great. Fortunately we didn't run into rain, but it was better safe than sorry.

Scott Lee
04-07-2005, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> You can put a Diamond Pro in a 8 ft pickup. The entire table breaks down. A cargo minivan would be ideal, because you might encounter rain in your return.
<hr /></blockquote>

Dustin...If you do this, be SURE to mark every piece of the table, including pockets, rails, body parts, etc. It makes it a LOT easier to put back together the same way. Diamond tables are a little more complex than others, but a superior playing table, imo.

Scott

ceebee
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks Scott for that backup post. I kinda let that important info slide.

I always mark my table parts like the hole numbers in a game of "GOLF" on a Snooker Table.

Standing at the Head Rail, the corner pocket on your right is #1, the corner pocket on your left is #2. The side pocket on the left-hand Long Rail is #3. The left-hand corner pocket on the Foot Rail is #4, the right-hand corner pocket on the Foot Rail is #5. The side pocket on the right-hand long rail is #6.

Good Luck in your quest for a Pool Table.