PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy From Insidepool.com!!!

ballbanger
03-30-2005, 08:53 AM
I ordered from them over a month ago and never received anything. They wouldn't return my calls, answer emails or anything. Then I noticed the reviews posted on there site by other customers were all bad. They were so bad that they removed the review option from their site all together. I called my credit card company and got my money back, re-ordered from seyberts & meullers and had my stuff in a few days. What a waste of time!! I am fortunate I got a refund.

SpiderMan
03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ballbanger:</font><hr> I ordered from them over a month ago and never received anything. They wouldn't return my calls, answer emails or anything. Then I noticed the reviews posted on there site by other customers were all bad. They were so bad that they removed the review option from their site all together. I called my credit card company and got my money back, re-ordered from seyberts &amp; meullers and had my stuff in a few days. What a waste of time!! I am fortunate I got a refund. <hr /></blockquote>

Any idea who operates that site? With all the bad press, they may shut down and re-open under another DBA. It would be nice to be able to link them to the former business.

SpiderMan

Bob_Jewett
03-30-2005, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>... Any idea who operates that site? ... <hr /></blockquote>
Isn't it the same as the magazine? There's an 800 number on the site. Does no one answer that number?

N8ball
03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
I ordered a joe porper traveling case from the months ago.......like in january or feb....and still nothing. I called that # and finally talked to someone and they said it had been on back order and it was shipping out the next day. I thought that timing was pretty weird. That was a week or so ago, maybe a little more and I havent gotten anything yet....?? makes me wonder...

Nate

cuechick
03-30-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd call your credit card and cancel and order it straight from Porper..I am not surprised, they are so bad with getting their mag out, I can't imagine trusting them with anything else!

maxwell
04-12-2005, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob_Jewett:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>... Any idea who operates that site? ... <hr /></blockquote>
Isn't it the same as the magazine? There's an 800 number on the site. Does no one answer that number? <hr /></blockquote>

The 800 number is disconnected. If you look at billiardresource.com, there is a thread on there about 3 pages long about the company. They seem to be going out of business. no one seems to be getting their orders, which makes me feel a tiny bit better that I was not alone with that, but you also can not get your money back when you cancel! I had to dispute the sale with my credit card company in order to get mine back.
With all of the problems with their website, and the magazine, I still havent gotten my April, and the march just came last week!

Something has to be going on with them. I know I will never buy another thing from that site, and I warn anyone else who was thinking about it!

Barbara
04-12-2005, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote maxwell:</font><hr>
The 800 number is disconnected. If you look at billiardresource.com, there is a thread on there about 3 pages long about the company. They seem to be going out of business. no one seems to be getting their orders, which makes me feel a tiny bit better that I was not alone with that, but you also can not get your money back when you cancel! I had to dispute the sale with my credit card company in order to get mine back.
With all of the problems with their website, and the magazine, I still havent gotten my April, and the march just came last week!

Something has to be going on with them. I know I will never buy another thing from that site, and I warn anyone else who was thinking about it! <hr /></blockquote>

I hope this is not the case! I sent in my subscription renewal a month ago and still haven't received my March issue.

Barbara

Steve Lipsky
04-12-2005, 09:22 AM
I went to the site for the first time in months after reading this thread, and found this from user Administrator:

"If you're attempting to contact InsidePOOL, the best number is 724-543-3700. If you prefer an email, please use insidepo@insidepool.com to contact customer service. We apologize for the confusion."

I always liked the magazine, but hated the site. The thing never seemed to remember my login information, and I even remember having to re-register at least once. That's pretty weak.

Good luck to all in trying to get their stuff.

- Steve

RUNaRAK
04-12-2005, 10:12 AM
I hope that they do not go out of business, I just paid up for 3 years worth of subscriptions. That would certainly bite! Granted, they are slow with delivery of their magazine but I do like it when it finally arrives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
04-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Companies just go under or fold, even the employees are sometimes the last to know. Often they show up for work and find the doors locked and their checks bouncing. They may put on a good face but you never really know what is going on inside a company. I wish them the best but they are showing some of the telltale signs. Unless they defuse such rumors and rectify the immediate problems, it can become, just by their very actions, a self fulfilling prophesy and they could crash a company that didn't have to go under.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2005, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RUNaRAK:</font><hr> I hope that they do not go out of business, I just paid up for 3 years worth of subscriptions. <hr /></blockquote>

Joe, I just sent them a check for a year renewal /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope this works out. Anybody that's been to a major tournament knows how hard JR and Sally work on getting the news and pics.

Here's a question. Did they put the famous Valley Forge IP party on credit? Seems a strange thing to throw a lavish party if you're on the ropes.

maxwell
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Maybe that party is why no one has received their orders recently? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

John_Madden
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RUNaRAK:</font><hr> I hope that they do not go out of business, I just paid up for 3 years worth of subscriptions. That would certainly bite! Granted, they are slow with delivery of their magazine but I do like it when it finally arrives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I was told the May issue has just gone to print.
Jack Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

MrLucky
04-12-2005, 12:56 PM
<font color="red">Oh Hell! I won a cue stick (a fury NR ) in a contest there a few weeks ago ! It is starting to sound like I might not be well advised to count on getting it! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

christopheradams
04-12-2005, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="red">Oh Hell! I won a cue stick (a fury NR ) in a contest there a few weeks ago ! It is starting to sound like I might not be well advised to count on getting it! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Still haven't received my fury J/b from my shopping spree winning I think it was February that they told me I won /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-12-2005, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote maxwell:</font><hr>
If you look at billiardresource.com, there is a thread on there about 3 pages long about the company. <hr /></blockquote>

hoo boy.

it ain't lookin' good.

what a shame. it's a really good mag.

Scott Lee
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Although I've had my own problems with getting the magazine on time, it is best mag being put out now on pool, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. As far as the company
"going under", I would say the chances of that are nil, as the financing behind JR is huge. For those that don't know, Sterling Gaming/Fury Cues owner is the backing behind the magazine. Scott is a very successful businessman, and I seriously doubt that anything he is associated with is going to fold. Obviously there have been problems, but I would like to believe that everything will get worked out...
even though it's been messed up at IP for the last couple of years, with the subscription department! JMO

Scott Lee

maxwell
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

I was told the May issue has just gone to print.
Jack Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)
<hr /></blockquote>

But will it be mailed out? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maxwell
04-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Once again, I will direct you all to the other forum (I hope I am allowed to do this /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

www.billiardresource.com (http://www.billiardresource.com)

here is a post from there for those of you who do not go check out the entire thread.

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filing complaints with the FTC and the BBB are good ideas, but in order to stop them from doing this to other people,
you would need to file a complaint with their local police department. There was a post that listed their address in this thread.
Quote:
InsidePool
Published by Spheragon Publishing
Address: 220 S. Jefferson Street, Kittanning, PA 16201
Phone: 888-428-7665, (fax) 877-349-2119
Email: info@insidepool.com
Founded: 2001; Publisher: JR Calvert; Editor: Sally P. Timko

Kittanning is approx. 35mi. NorthEast of Pittsburgh (if you were thinking about stopping by...).

You guys may want to contact them to stop these people, i think i am!

Here is the information i found on google for the police in that area:
Yellow Pages: Pennsylvania State Police
<hr /></blockquote>

MrLucky
04-13-2005, 04:34 AM
according to one post on another website regarding this issue Fury is no longer involved with Inside Pool and this is the catalyst for these problems ! could this be the case? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MrLucky
04-13-2005, 04:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ballbanger:</font><hr> I ordered from them over a month ago and never received anything. They wouldn't return my calls, answer emails or anything. Then I noticed the reviews posted on there site by other customers were all bad. They were so bad that they removed the review option from their site all together. I called my credit card company and got my money back, re-ordered from seyberts &amp; meullers and had my stuff in a few days. What a waste of time!! I am fortunate I got a refund. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> I personally have not played with a fury cue ! which brings me back to the original post LOL! (its amazing the twist and turns post take on this and other sites) I won a Fury cue from inside pool a few weeks ago and as far have not recieved my cue ! now I am sure for those unfortunates that are complaining that they have ordered cues / cases and a few reported Pool tables my problem is a moot one but besides innuendo and rumor does anyone really know if the problem is the pull out of Fury as a backer of the mag and its Mall or is it just growing pains or what???? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-13-2005, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> .......As far as the company
"going under", I would say the chances of that are nil, as the financing behind JR is huge. For those that don't know, Sterling Gaming/Fury Cues owner is the backing behind the magazine. .......<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> from azb forum </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote onepocketchump:</font><hr>Sterling Gaming, the exclusive distributer of Fury Cues, is not now, nor has ever been in any partnership with either the Inside Pool magazine or mall. The only relationship is that of customer/supplier.

John Barton
Sterling Gaming<hr /></blockquote>

maxwell
04-13-2005, 08:25 AM
It isn't growing pains, and it has nothing to do with any financial backers of the magazine or web store. (There are none)................so maybe it is the lack of.

The fact the majority of their staff quit has to tell you something fishy is going on there!

It is plain theft and it needs to be stopped. He is stealing people's money and NO ONE is receiving their merchandise!

MrLucky
04-13-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Please listen to what I have to say before you guys all jump me. I as well as a few other employees recently resigned from the InsidePOOL company.

There is a lot going on there, that I won't begin to mention. I will, however, give you some of the truths to the questions raised on this forum.

"Fury will live through the IP failure"
STERLING GAMING IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH INSIDEPOOL. They are one of the shipping departments, but it ends at that.

There is no "financial backing" behind the owner of the company. No other companies are affiliated with IP. The InsidePOOL magazine, as well as the web mall, and insidepool.com are all ran from one office, as well as Definitive Synergy (insidepool.com's sister site)

"you think with my order they would of figured out my address move eh?"
The magazine subscriptions and the web orders are ran from seperate departments. Well, USED to be.

There was also a post at the beginning of this that stated about losing most of the staff. This is also true. Alot of people have resigned, and with the other information that is stated by other posters in this form, I will let you come to your own conclusions as to why they have...."

<font color="green"> This is reposted from another site! perhaps it will at least give direction to some of the baffled by this issue and stop a few of the misinformation post with some fact! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ScottTaylor
04-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Setting things Straight
My name is Scott Taylor. I am the President of Sterling Gaming, Inc. We are a manufacturing distributor of billiards supplies. We currently supply, in addition to "traditional" brick and mortar establishments, many online stores. Generally, a customer of ours (such as InsidePOOL.com) will promote our products, take an order from a customer, then send that order to us for fulfillment. Most items ordered this way from most of our customers ship out the same day, then we bill our customers (the reseller) weekly. Each day we ship hundreds of orders to hundreds of players on behalf of dozens of online suppliers.

We are the exclusive dealer of Fury Cues in North America. Fury is a partnership between three distributors and a manufacturer. Our company, as part of the arrangement with the other three companies, is responsible for the marketing and promotion of the brand.

Neither Sterling Gaming, Inc. nor Fury Cues have ANYTHING to do with InsidePOOL or InsidePOOL.com, except for being an advertiser in the magazine, and being a supplier for the website. We have NEVER had any equity position in InsidePOOL, despite rumors that were floating around a few years ago, and ones that have recently surfaced.

It is true that in InsidePOOL's early days, JR Calvert moved to Charlotte where we could help consult him on certain aspects of business in general (I personally helped him set up his subscriber database, while my wife Heidi - of "Slippy Powder" fame - helped him with his accounting.) JR introduced us to a lot of his previous dealers from when he was a distributor for Falcom, and helped us out in other similar ways. After spending several months together, helping each other to grow, JR moved back to Pennsylvania, and we were both better off for having had the experience together. Note that this "I scratch your back" thing simply WAS NOT financially related! JR has made for himself the best billiards magazine in the industry in my opinion, but he did that without any financial backing from us. He deserves all the credit for that.

Now, currently, I do believe from what I see that InsidePOOL may be having, at a minimum, some growing pains. It should be made quite clear that JR himself is again fully responsible for the situation he is in.

I believe that there will continue to be speculation on these boards about the future of InsidePOOL, but those of you who have been around since its inception in (I think) January of 2001 know that there has ALWAYS been such talk. Time and time again, the magazine ships each month. Most of you will agree that it is a great magazine, and worth the wait. JR is a good friend of mine, yet I do not always agree with some of the decisions he makes. However, I have grown to know that you can never count him out! There once was a time, back around June of 2002, when I'd have placed a bet against the magazine surviving through the rest of the year. That was a bet I would have lost, and I'm not so foolish to ever place a similar bet. When you have the best product on the market, it is hard to fail.

Regarding Fury Cues, I would like to thank Kay and Jennie and whomever else for saying the nice things you have about our cues. Despite our marketing efforts, though, it still seems that some people are a little confused about the cues themselves. Yes, our DL line of Fury cues retails for $115. Yes, this is a decal cue. NO, this is not your "typical" decal cue. Take a good look at a friend of yours' Fury DL. You will note that the shaft wood is some of the nicest maple you'll see on any cue under about $500. This includes your Vikings, your Falcons, your McDermotts, and so on. The materials, craftsmanship, construction, and hit of the cue are all quality. Sure, the DL's are made with decals. Guess what? That helps to reduce the price of a cue, ensuring that a player can spend their money on a quality hit over quality doo-dads. We do offer high-end cues with some of the finest inlays you've ever seen, designed by Kaz Miki of Mezz Cues (high-end Japanese cue maker -- and don't forget that a huge number of American-made custom cues go to the Japanese market!) To any that would question a Fury, all I have got to say is pick one up and hit with it, without prejudice.

To further set the record straight, when players like Rodney Morris, Keith McCready, José Parica, Francisco Bustamante, Ramil Gallego, Shane Sinnott (former sales manager and 8-year employee of Predator Products), Kelly Fisher, and so on tell me that our cues feel great in their hands, I'm going to take that at face value. There have been so many others, amateurs and pros alike, that have made me feel so good about the products we create.

Now, about the whole "name change" thing. When these cues were first designed and created, the name was "Rage". After they were introduced in Japan at a show, a shrewd competitor of ours decided to throw a monkey wrench in the works by registering the trademark here in the United States. Well, for those of you unfamiliar with intellectual property law, in order to federally register a trademark, that mark must have been used in interstate trade for one year. This is not something that must be proved to the US PTO, so our competitor was able to "sneak it through". Unfortunately, there is a "presumptive" aspect of IP law, which means that it is presumed that someone having a trademark has it legitimately, making it more difficult to fight. Although I feel we could have waged a legal war to retake the name "Rage", it would have meant spending a lot of time and money that could be used to promote a different name altogether. Since only a handful of these original Rage cues had been sold, it was no big deal to change the name. The most reluctant person to make the change was Gregory Koblenz of Dynamic Billiard in Germany, since he had already heavily advertised the Rage name. Anyway, we convinced him to go along with the name Fury, which I actually personally preferred! I do not know what things you are mentioning as far as "foreign websites" go, but I'd like to see what you are referring to so I can aid in setting the record straight there, too.

I'm sure I missed some things, so please poke me again and I'll respond. I do not regularly check these boards, but send an email to me at "scott at sterling dash gaming dot com" and I'll respond either by email or on the board itself.

Thanks to all of you that have been supporters of our company and our many brands. We appreciate you very much.

By the way, might I suggest ordering from CueSight Billiards Supplies (http://www.cuesight.com/) ? I can personally guarantee that you won't have problems there, or that any problems would be quickly and professionally resolved to your fullest satisfaction.

Scott Lee
04-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Mr. Lucky, Wally, et al...My mistake! After a discussion with people at Sterling, I was mistaken to associate Inside Pool magazine, or insidepool.com with Sterling Gaming. I apologize for making this reference. I cannot, at this time, recommend any purchases, of any kind, from insidepool.com. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee

Popcorn
04-13-2005, 11:00 AM
This is what forums like this are all about, thanks.

Popcorn
04-13-2005, 11:12 AM
"I cannot, at this time, recommend any purchases, of any kind, from insidepool.com."

That may be an understatement, check out this.
http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--80107.html

This kind of stuff causes advertisers to bail and that may seal their fate. I have a feeling non of this had to happen, they just don't know what they are doing. They may be amazed how forgiving the public can be if you are just honest with them. Coming clean with everybody at this point and making a public statement may be their only way to not go under providing it is a viable venture in the first place, which it may not be. They may be whipping a dead horse. Magazines fail all the time, even by people who know the business.

Barbara
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>

This kind of stuff causes advertisers to bail and that may seal their fate. I have a feeling non of this had to happen, they just don't know what they are doing. They may be amazed how forgiving the public can be if you are just honest with them. Coming clean with everybody at this point and making a public statement may be their only way to not go under providing it is a viable venture in the first place, which it may not be. They may be whipping a dead horse. Magazines fail all the time, even by people who know the business. <hr /></blockquote>

Ouch! Well I certainly hope IP doesn't go out of business. It is the only magazine to truly dedicate some pages to the local and regional players. If I want to know how the Pros are doing, BD and P&amp;B are always there, IP, too. But if I want to know about some of the other tours, IP is just about the only magazine that gets down to the local levels and does it consistently with every issue.

Barbara

Scott Lee
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Popcorn...You're right! After a long discussion with Scott, I know exactly what's going on, which is why I posted what I said. It's sad, and I do hope they can come through this without going bellyup, but there are very serious problems that have to be addressed and resolved...not to mention potential criminal proceedings.
As was said, and I agree, the mag is tops, and I sure hope it stays afloat. However, they will get no more $$$ from me until I see that the problems have been solved. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
04-13-2005, 11:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> ..I certainly hope IP doesn't go out of business. ... <hr /></blockquote>

Me too. Their DCC report in the March issue was awesome.

I'm sending that to you BTW

Nostroke
04-13-2005, 12:18 PM
I'll give you a nickel for the rights to that cue!

Barbara
04-13-2005, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Me too. Their DCC report in the March issue was awesome.

I'm sending that to you BTW <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Wally!

Barbara

MrLucky
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
sorry the reserve is $1.25 on that item!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
04-13-2005, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> quote
"I cannot, at this time, recommend any purchases, of any kind, from insidepool.com."

<hr /></blockquote>

Wow, page after page of documentation from customers who ordered months ago and received nothing. And, to make it worse, they were told repeatedly that the product had been shipped, needed to put a "tracer" on the shipment, all sorts of BS excuses to get you off the phone.

SpiderMan

Popcorn
04-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I suspect since they are dealing interstate they have potentially broken numerous federal laws. Not to mention credit card fraud since most of what they do involves credit cards. Those guys have lawyers on staff to go after frauds and it doesn't have to big to get their attention. If a case begins to be made against them for fraud it can take on a life of it's own. They may be in far bigger trouble then they could ever imagine. They seem like idiots anyway the way they run their company, they are probably equally as stupid in general as far as their knowledge of the level of what they have done. Just those complaints alone on that web site must total in the thousands. If they fold they also better have the money on hand to refund all advertisers who have paid for advertising. They better be talking to a good attorney.

Steve Lipsky
04-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Didn't Sally used to post here? She worked there, right?

Also, has anyone seen JR in the last month?

I'm reading all these posts on that site. It's unreal what Inside Pool did. Not only did they steal money, they stole it from the very people who were trying to SUPPORT them. Sad.

- Steve

PQQLK9
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I guess the Bob Henning DVD that was offered with my paid subscription over a year ago (that I never received) pales in comparison to most. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nostroke
04-13-2005, 03:25 PM
I think she even married JR-If not, they are 'close'. They were both at VF in the pro arena taking pictures etc.

Oh Yeah and at the Inside Pool Party that i wasn't invited to! (which saved me some money as that is why i didnt renew my sub when they called two weeks ago)

pooltchr
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I hear they were both at the BCA trade show in Vegas last week.

Barbara
04-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Before we all go and declare Inside Pool on its last legs and breath, could we just step back and wait and see if JR and Sally come forth with a statement as to the facts of what's going on and an explaination IP's future?

I apologize with my statement to all that have ordered merchandise from them without having received delivery of said goods, I know you must feel extremely upset. I just paid for another year's worth of subscription and I'd hate to think I threw that money out the window, too, but at $14.95, it's not going to break me. If you paid for merchandise by credit card, you can solicit your CC company to have the transaction cancelled. The policy differs from each company, but it usually takes a written statement by you and a copy of the receipt of the merchandise or a copy of when IP billed you.

Please, let's all have a little patience.

Barbara

Steve Lipsky
04-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Barbara,

I was thinking of posting something similar, but what possible explanation can there be? For all we know, they still might be accepting orders. Even if not, they sure didn't stop for a looong time after it was obvious they had no intention of delivering.

The fact that there still hasn't been a response after all this time, when they surely know how many people are feeling screwed... it doesn't bode well for a forthcoming logical explanation.

I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but methinks it's too far gone for that.

- Steve

Nostroke
04-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Whatever they reply-It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late. I mean there were posted complaints well before VF. They will have to do first rate job for at least 2 years now before they regain half their credibility.

PS-Best Magazine in the business too.-Sorry BD

MrLucky
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
I had a conversation with a internal employee of IP today and hopefully we will be hearing something from JR shortly regarding all of this ! I am with many others waiting for goods from them albeit mine was won and I will lose no money from my pocket I still look at it as a loss! admittedly no where as great as some who have paid for tables etcetera but still it was promised and I doubt I will see it at least for awhile at best. But I am willing to hear what the problem is , having been in business myself I know somethings happen that are out of our control hopefully this will be handled in a professional and ethical manner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

newtopool
04-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Please, let's all have a little patience.

Barbara

Barbara....no offense but that is something that people who have been dealing with mr calvert do not want to hear...that is what they have been told by inside pool...when u are told your order was lost then reissued then lost again then reissued,,,then they dont refund your money...thats bad....i know a few people who i have talked to ordered gifts for people....THAT NEVER CAME....thats horrible....then they dont get a explation...no return phone calls...no return emails....and i bet u that calvert will blame the whole thing on bad employees...that will be a big lie...with the problem this HUGE...and yes it is huge people...he has to know....he knew of this a long time ago...and i bet..no... i guarentee he has asked his employees to lie for him....BAD BAD BAD....shame on you mr calvert....look at the boards....look at the inside pool boards.....why is there no bad posts there???because they are removed...he must have somebody monitoring it...This is way past a mistake...way past growing pains...to all the people on these boards who say "be patient" you are wrong...what if someone stole your mothers credit card...and charged up all kinds of things???you would want that person in jail....same thing here people...it is fraud...it is theft...he needs to pay....he is still taking orders...still not shipping....YOU ARE STEALING...IT IS WRONG...while i agree that the mag is tops...the best in the biz...he needs to shut down the site...get his act together...before he rips off any more people...and he should concentrate on the mag....

Rich R.
04-14-2005, 03:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Before we all go and declare Inside Pool on its last legs and breath, could we just step back and wait and see if JR and Sally come forth with a statement as to the facts of what's going on and an explaination IP's future? <hr /></blockquote>
I believe this is the sensible approach.

pooltchr
04-14-2005, 04:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Before we all go and declare Inside Pool on its last legs and breath, could we just step back and wait and see if JR and Sally come forth with a statement as to the facts of what's going on and an explaination IP's future?

<hr /></blockquote>

I agree we shouldn't be jumping the gun here. Knowing both JR and Sally, I feel confident there was never any intention on their part to do anything wrong. If anything, I would think there may have been some serious errors in judgement made by someone.
This discussion is running on several boards, and I would certainly hope JR will address them when he feels the time is right. Since none of us know the whole story, the speculation is just fanning the flames.
At the same time, we do need to exercise good judgement in where we spend our money, particularly on the internet.
I for one, hope the magazine survives. Their support of the billiard industry with the publication has set a new standard for other magazines to strive for.

Steve&lt;----taking a "wait and see" attitude.

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2005, 06:21 AM
Hi Steve!

I saw JR in VF last month. I was standing near the IP booth when someone called out my name and it was JR. Anyway, I walked over to their booth and the whole thing of the mag being late in its deliveries escaped me at the moment because on their table, not only did they have the issue in question (Efren Reyes on the cover), they also had almost every mag since its inception on there! JR must've noticed the expression on my face 'cause he told me that they're cleaning up their warehouse to make room for the more recent mags, or something like that.

I wound up picking up an issue, since mine like others was late. About 2 weeks later I received the issue. I haven't paid for a new subscription because I won a subscription at last year's CCB 3 Tourney and I hope it doesn't fall through. I'm really looking forward to the issue with the SBE coverage. Matter of fact, I think the next issue has Marcus Chamat on the cover and the one after that will be the one with coverage on the SBE I guess.

http://www.insidepool.com/images/upload/current_issue.jpg

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 06:23 AM
<font color="green">You are absolutely right ! the one huge mistake that has been made is their decision to remain mute and most of all to continue to charge folks cards while not delivering of course! But I do know from some recent personal events that sometimes you can still tell folks the truth and they will not want to believe you but in my opinion honesty is the best policy ! Tell people whats going on and they can either accept it or reject it! but at least you did the right thing! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

newtopool
04-14-2005, 08:16 AM
cmon people..."an error in judgement?"....it is a lot more than that...look at the other boards...look at inside pools board(no bad posts)...look at biz rate dot com...its funny that the only good review is from IP_coleen...who is a customer service rep...ive talked to her...he is hiding and asking his employees to lie..ive heard they were told to have false names at valley forge so nobody would confront them....does that sound like a good working environment?????i also know he s still accepting orders...stilll not shipping acoording to people on here...its more that an "error of judgement" its wrong...and this has been going on for a long time...if he came forward the fiirst month this was going on...that would be an error in judgement...but this has been going on since december...nobody to blame but himself..but he will not take the blame

Popcorn
04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
"the one huge mistake that has been made is their decision to remain mute and most of all to continue to charge folks cards while not delivering of course!"

I would call that more then a mistake.

What they are doing it seem is pretty obvious, they are drop shipping products. They don't have a warehouses full of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of pool tables, cues, cloth, cases and other products, they just process orders. The companies they deal with are reputable companies who will ship next day in most cases once the order is in and paid for, or you have a good credit line with them. The only way the items are not going out, is if the suppliers are not being paid. If a customer pays and it is not given to the supplier then nothing gets shipped. If the supplier gets paid, the item gets shipped, it is that simple.

Where these types on companies get in trouble is using earmarked money for other urgent bills and putting off the ones they can such as the use of a credit line with a supplier. Problem is, it will snowball and large UN payable bills come due from their suppliers and because they have spent the money paying other bills they can't pay and the supplier cuts them off. They are essentially out of business at that point but they keep taking orders thinking the cash flow will fix it but it only gets worse and now they have not only their suppliers after them but their customers as well.

I am not saying this is what has happened in this case, (Although I think it is since it happens to so many companies like this), but it is a scenario of how a person can become by definition a fraud, even though they were well intentioned and honest people. It is hard to make a public statement you have been inept and have miss managed your company, but if it is the truth, say it and put an end to the excuses. Only at that point will people be willing to give you a second chance. lying will not get people on your side. At a point you will even lose your loyal supporters. By the way, if they don't run as a drop shipping company and actually have the stuff in stock, I can't imagine an excuse that will explain not shipping, barring they have lost their minds and want to wreck their company for the fun of it.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2005, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> ...What they are doing it seem is pretty obvious, they are drop shipping products... <hr /></blockquote>

correct

BigRigTom
04-14-2005, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> ...What they are doing it seem is pretty obvious, they are drop shipping products... <hr /></blockquote>

correct <hr /></blockquote>
The problem is that they <font color="red">ARE NOT</font color> drop shipping the products ordered.

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 10:49 AM
<font color="green"> I know I keep adding things but.... LOL! The fact that just a few weeks ago they sponsored a lavish party while at the same time hurting there supporters and customers by not shipping paid for items is kind of tacky ! and perhaps a sign of a much deeper problem ! I would like to keep a positive view and thoughts about this but that does rub me in a ENRON kind of way raw </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2005, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> The problem is that they <font color="red">ARE NOT</font color> drop shipping the products ordered. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually the problem is they are not paying their suppliers-the folks that actually ship the stuff.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="green"> ...just a few weeks ago they sponsored a lavish party....<hr /></blockquote>

and neither I nor nostroke were invited /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BigRigTom
04-14-2005, 11:01 AM
My concern as a website operator that runs a reputable business is that <font color="red">THESE GUYS AT IP ARE PUTTING A BLIMISH ON ALL OF US WHO TRY TO RUN AN HONEST, REPUTABLE WEB SITE!</font color>
I know everyone has problems sometimes but the kinds of things going on right now is not poor judgement at IP, it is total disregard for the people who make your business work....namely your customers.
I have no sympathy for the people involved here. They should reap the oates they are sowing.
Some of the sentiments expressed in this thread are "loyalty misplaced" IMO.

Barbara
04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> <font color="green"> ...just a few weeks ago they sponsored a lavish party....<hr /></blockquote>

and neither I nor nostroke were invited /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wasn't either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> and neither I nor nostroke were invited /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>If it makes you feel any better, I was invited but didn't go 'cause either I forgot or I was stuck on the action tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> If it makes you feel any better, I was invited but didn't go 'cause either I forgot or I was stuck on the action tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

that's ok

I didn't wanna go to their dumb ole party anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

christopheradams
04-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I find it funny that Inside pool has a forum and everyone has to complain about them on other forums besides IP forum because IP deletes their posts. Does anyone else find this as amuzing as I do?. Is the Inside pool forum dead and waiting to be buried?

And imagaine if AZ and BD combined forces and had one forum/Website and all we had to do was go to one page and look at the posts for the day. Imagine if IP pitched in and had their wacky contests and AZ had their great pool coverage, and BD added their touch of great articles and a great forum. Wow. Heaven. Did I fall asleep? Am I dreaming again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

an_X_IP_employee
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote newtopool:</font><hr> Please, let's all have a little patience.

Barbara

Barbara....no offense but that is something that people who have been dealing with mr calvert do not want to hear...that is what they have been told by inside pool...when u are told your order was lost then reissued then lost again then reissued,,,then they dont refund your money...thats bad....i know a few people who i have talked to ordered gifts for people....THAT NEVER CAME....thats horrible....then they dont get a explation...no return phone calls...no return emails....and i bet u that calvert will blame the whole thing on bad employees...that will be a big lie...with the problem this HUGE...and yes it is huge people...he has to know....he knew of this a long time ago...and i bet..no... i guarentee he has asked his employees to lie for him....BAD BAD BAD....shame on you mr calvert....look at the boards....look at the inside pool boards.....why is there no bad posts there???because they are removed...he must have somebody monitoring it...This is way past a mistake...way past growing pains...to all the people on these boards who say "be patient" you are wrong...what if someone stole your mothers credit card...and charged up all kinds of things???you would want that person in jail....same thing here people...it is fraud...it is theft...he needs to pay....he is still taking orders...still not shipping....YOU ARE STEALING...IT IS WRONG...while i agree that the mag is tops...the best in the biz...he needs to shut down the site...get his act together...before he rips off any more people...and he should concentrate on the mag.... <hr /></blockquote>

The former employees are already being blamed. There are posts on the other forums stating that the problems are all because of the former "horrible" employees.

I do not understand why the finger pointing is happening, well no actually we all knew it would happen. No blame would be taken by anyone still employed at IP....blame the ones that are not there anymore.

Nostroke
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Wally - Were you really in VF? I never saw you.

As far as the party i wouldnt have gone either- I actually hate parties!!

But JR doesn't know that and he invited an aquaintance of mine who didnt even know what Inside Pool was. Screw'm!

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> I had a conversation with a internal employee of IP today and hopefully we will be hearing something from JR shortly regarding all of this ! I am with many others waiting for goods from them albeit mine was won and I will lose no money from my pocket I still look at it as a loss! admittedly no where as great as some who have paid for tables etcetera but still it was promised and I doubt I will see it at least for awhile at best. But I am willing to hear what the problem is , having been in business myself I know somethings happen that are out of our control hopefully this will be handled in a professional and ethical manner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red"> Well now I am mad! as stated I had a long conversation via IM with a highly placed employee at IP he indicated he was going to talk to JR about making a statement to set matters straight, well this morning his ID has been deleted from their site! So much for a statement and any hopes of this getting better ! I personally loved their mag and the forum but at this time I will no longer visit either! This really sucks! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

an_X_IP_employee
04-15-2005, 06:55 AM
The only "high ranking" employee in that office is JR himself. Everyone else is on the same level. The company is under 10 people now.

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote an_X_IP_employee:</font><hr> The only "high ranking" employee in that office is JR himself. Everyone else is on the same level. The company is under 10 people now. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="green">I will say this much his first initial is T as in Tom ! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

an_X_IP_employee
04-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Ummmmm...okay well there isnt anyone there that starts with a T

Two Bill's, Henry and Josh are the only men there...unless he is new, which means he couldnt be too high up /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Now I am really starting to believe that you aren't or weren't even an employee there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

an_X_IP_employee
04-15-2005, 07:21 AM
unless you are talking about a writer, photographer, or forum moderator.....those are the only men that are IN the office itself.

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Bingo you are getting hot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> Now I am really starting to believe that you aren't or weren't even an employee there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="red">I would like to say after speaking offline with the ex IP employee I am now convinced they are real !

I need to also say that I have been emailing the site that was to be awarding me my Fury NR09 Cue and up to a week and a half ago they were responding with a its coming statement ! now the young lady will not even repy to my emails anymore! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Perk
04-15-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MrLucky:</font><hr> I need to also say that I have been emailing the site that was to be awarding me my Fury NR09 Cue and up to a week and a half ago they were responding with a its coming statement ! now the young lady will not even repy to my emails anymore! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hmmm...seems your not patient?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Just kidding.

I actually had them call me trying to renew, and my wife didnt do it. I havent called them back yet. But I did send in the renew card from my magazine with a BIll ME on it. Guess I will see which comes first, the bill or the next mag...

I love the magazine, and was going to do the 3 year subscription, but I doubt it now.

wolfdancer
04-15-2005, 10:20 PM
" no lynch mobs".....why not?....string 'em up by their (pool) balls.
I like the mag, but don't think I got my full two-year subscription's worth. And now people are not getting merchandise that they paid for??
Don't know the legal term for that...fraud? but it ain't kosher...and like someone else has pointed out...could cause a loss of business for the other legit operators.
Worse then the $$ lost...how about trusting your financial data...cc#, etc, to these folks?
I hope that they can save the mag, restore their credability, but.....
Are these the same folks that were going to have a 24 hr pool channel? that cost my friend $10k, and when I mentioned that on this site, I was threatened with a lawsuit. I may have the wrong party....I'll check up on that.

BigRigTom
04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
It seems that some forums are muddying the waters about the Sterling Games deal to take over Insidepool.com
Maybe if this info get out to several locations fast enough...the Inside Pool Forum CAN NOT delete the post and keep everyone from reading the exact words.

Here's Scott's post in Quotes from the CCB of 4/13/05 saying Sterling has "NOTHING" to do with IP.
Followed by the Press Release of 4/16/05 announcing that Sterling Games bought IP and has been working on the deal for over 6 months.
These are not my accusations...they are Scott's own words that while you may not see the discrepancies I believe I do and I believe most people will too.
Draw your own conclusions and let the rest of us do the same.

Setting things Straight
My name is Scott Taylor. I am the President of Sterling Gaming, Inc. We are a manufacturing distributor of billiards supplies. We currently supply, in addition to "traditional" brick and mortar establishments, many online stores. Generally, a customer of ours (such as InsidePOOL.com) will promote our products, take an order from a customer, then send that order to us for fulfillment. Most items ordered this way from most of our customers ship out the same day, then we bill our customers (the reseller) weekly. Each day we ship hundreds of orders to hundreds of players on behalf of dozens of online suppliers.

We are the exclusive dealer of Fury Cues in North America. Fury is a partnership between three distributors and a manufacturer. Our company, as part of the arrangement with the other three companies, is responsible for the marketing and promotion of the brand.

Neither Sterling Gaming, Inc. nor Fury Cues have ANYTHING to do with InsidePOOL or InsidePOOL.com, except for being an advertiser in the magazine, and being a supplier for the website. We have NEVER had any equity position in InsidePOOL, despite rumors that were floating around a few years ago, and ones that have recently surfaced.

It is true that in InsidePOOL's early days, JR Calvert moved to Charlotte where we could help consult him on certain aspects of business in general (I personally helped him set up his subscriber database, while my wife Heidi - of "Slippy Powder" fame - helped him with his accounting.) JR introduced us to a lot of his previous dealers from when he was a distributor for Falcom, and helped us out in other similar ways. After spending several months together, helping each other to grow, JR moved back to Pennsylvania, and we were both better off for having had the experience together. Note that this "I scratch your back" thing simply WAS NOT financially related! JR has made for himself the best billiards magazine in the industry in my opinion, but he did that without any financial backing from us. He deserves all the credit for that.

Now, currently, I do believe from what I see that InsidePOOL may be having, at a minimum, some growing pains. It should be made quite clear that JR himself is again fully responsible for the situation he is in.

I believe that there will continue to be speculation on these boards about the future of InsidePOOL, but those of you who have been around since its inception in (I think) January of 2001 know that there has ALWAYS been such talk. Time and time again, the magazine ships each month. Most of you will agree that it is a great magazine, and worth the wait. JR is a good friend of mine, yet I do not always agree with some of the decisions he makes. However, I have grown to know that you can never count him out! There once was a time, back around June of 2002, when I'd have placed a bet against the magazine surviving through the rest of the year. That was a bet I would have lost, and I'm not so foolish to ever place a similar bet. When you have the best product on the market, it is hard to fail.

Regarding Fury Cues, I would like to thank Kay and Jennie and whomever else for saying the nice things you have about our cues. Despite our marketing efforts, though, it still seems that some people are a little confused about the cues themselves. Yes, our DL line of Fury cues retails for $115. Yes, this is a decal cue. NO, this is not your "typical" decal cue. Take a good look at a friend of yours' Fury DL. You will note that the shaft wood is some of the nicest maple you'll see on any cue under about $500. This includes your Vikings, your Falcons, your McDermotts, and so on. The materials, craftsmanship, construction, and hit of the cue are all quality. Sure, the DL's are made with decals. Guess what? That helps to reduce the price of a cue, ensuring that a player can spend their money on a quality hit over quality doo-dads. We do offer high-end cues with some of the finest inlays you've ever seen, designed by Kaz Miki of Mezz Cues (high-end Japanese cue maker -- and don't forget that a huge number of American-made custom cues go to the Japanese market!) To any that would question a Fury, all I have got to say is pick one up and hit with it, without prejudice.

To further set the record straight, when players like Rodney Morris, Keith McCready, José Parica, Francisco Bustamante, Ramil Gallego, Shane Sinnott (former sales manager and 8-year employee of Predator Products), Kelly Fisher, and so on tell me that our cues feel great in their hands, I'm going to take that at face value. There have been so many others, amateurs and pros alike, that have made me feel so good about the products we create.

Now, about the whole "name change" thing. When these cues were first designed and created, the name was "Rage". After they were introduced in Japan at a show, a shrewd competitor of ours decided to throw a monkey wrench in the works by registering the trademark here in the United States. Well, for those of you unfamiliar with intellectual property law, in order to federally register a trademark, that mark must have been used in interstate trade for one year. This is not something that must be proved to the US PTO, so our competitor was able to "sneak it through". Unfortunately, there is a "presumptive" aspect of IP law, which means that it is presumed that someone having a trademark has it legitimately, making it more difficult to fight. Although I feel we could have waged a legal war to retake the name "Rage", it would have meant spending a lot of time and money that could be used to promote a different name altogether. Since only a handful of these original Rage cues had been sold, it was no big deal to change the name. The most reluctant person to make the change was Gregory Koblenz of Dynamic Billiard in Germany, since he had already heavily advertised the Rage name. Anyway, we convinced him to go along with the name Fury, which I actually personally preferred! I do not know what things you are mentioning as far as "foreign websites" go, but I'd like to see what you are referring to so I can aid in setting the record straight there, too.

I'm sure I missed some things, so please poke me again and I'll respond. I do not regularly check these boards, but send an email to me at "scott at sterling dash gaming dot com" and I'll respond either by email or on the board itself.

Thanks to all of you that have been supporters of our company and our many brands. We appreciate you very much.

By the way, might I suggest ordering from CueSight Billiards Supplies ? I can personally guarantee that you won't have problems there, or that any problems would be quickly and professionally resolved to your fullest satisfaction.

END QUOTE

Posted by: editor on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 10:31 PM GMT

For Immediate Release

Sterling Gaming, Inc., Acquires InsidePOOL.com from Spheragon Publishing
Matthews, NC - April 16, 2005

Sterling Gaming, Inc., has concluded the acquisition of the most-trafficked website in the billiards industry, InsidePOOL.com. The agreement transfers all rights and interest in the United States and in all foreign countries in the InsidePOOL.com domain from Spheragon Publishing to Sterling Gaming, Inc. Founded by the inventor of the laser-sighted pool cue, Sterling intends to gain exposure for their products as a result of the acquisition.

Sterling Gaming, Inc. was founded in 1999 by Scott Taylor, a then-newcomer to the billiards industry. Sterling is a wholesale distributor of high-quality billiards products and currently supplies a large number of traditional billiard supply retailers, billiard parlors, and o*nline retailers. “InsidePOOL.com is the best-known and most-visited billiards site o*n the net,” said Scott. "This purchase will allow us to reach more players with our products, thereby increasing the demand for our brands to our dealers.”

JR Calvert, owner of Spheragon Publishing and the publisher of InsidePOOL Magazine, created InsidePOOL.com in 2001. “After putting my heart into our magazine and then continuing with the creation of its o*nline component, it¹s a wonderful feeling to know that I can leverage this sale to take the magazine to the next level,” said JR. "With the proceeds of the sale, we will be able to drastically expand our circulation, which has been a large goal of ours since the beginning. The millions of pool players in the United States simply weren't being served by the pre-existing magazines."

Sterling and Spheragon had been discussing the advantages of the proposed transfer of the o*nline asset for over six months. “It was hard to make the decision to grow the magazine at the expense of the site; however, after reflecting o*n the opportunity, it was definitely the best route to take to keep with my original mission,” JR replied when asked about his motives.

Fellow industry members not related to either party have been very supportive of the purchase. Employees of both companies as well as customers and suppliers are happy that Sterling is the new owner of InsidePOOL.com. Matt Carter, general manager for Sterling Gaming, has been very involved with the Internet marketing arm of the company. He said, "I'm incredibly excited to be involved in a process that will allow us to continue to be an innovator in this industry. Never before has a distributor worked with a publisher to bring forth a combination of content and product that stand to grow the overall exposure of the game of pool."

The new official website for InsidePOOL Magazine will reside at www.insidepoolmag.com (http://www.insidepoolmag.com) and will be launched in late April 2005.

About Sterling Gaming, Inc.
Although a relatively new company, Sterling Gaming, Inc., has grown to become o*ne of the largest distributors in the world of billiards supplies. Sterling is the North American distributor of Fury Cues, voted the favorite pool cue of players o*n a recent Internet poll. Sterling increases the public awareness of their products by sponsoring professional players, professional tournaments, and amateur tours. They are the supplier of over 1,500 poolrooms and billiard supply stores and more than 50 o*nline retailers.

About Spheragon Publishing
InsidePOOL Magazine is recognized as the billiards magazine preferred by pool players. Since their first issue in December 2001, it has gained a large fan base resulting from their excellent coverage of professional and amateur events, instructional columns by top-ranked players Allison Fisher and Johnny Archer, and a groundbreaking format.

For more information, contact Scott Taylor with Sterling Gaming, Inc., at (877) 283-7444 or JR Calvert with Spheragon Publishing at (724) 543-3700.

END QUOTE

ballbanger
04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
st got this email today. I suppose they sent it to everyone waiting for stuff ordered.

As a past customer of InsidePOOL.com, we felt the following information would
be of great interest to you.

Please review the following PRESS RELEASE, and the statement on Sterling
Gaming's committment to the satisfaction of all past InsidePOOL.com customers.

If you happen to be one of the unfortunate customers currently awaiting
delivery of your product, please pay particular attention to the second letter
below. It outlines exactly what to expect from us in resolving your issue.
The plan we have outlined will be the fastest, most efficient way for you to
receive satisfaction! We thank you for your understanding and patience through
this transition.

Best regards,

S. Scott Taylor, President
Sterling Gaming, Inc.

SST/wm:
enclosures

=============================================
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sterling Gaming, Inc., Acquires InsidePOOL.com from Spheragon Publishing

Matthews, NC - April 16, 2005

Sterling Gaming, Inc. has concluded the acquisition of the most-trafficked
website in the billiards industry, InsidePOOL.com. The agreement transfers
all rights and interest in the United States and in all foreign countries in
the InsidePOOL.com domain from Spheragon Publishing to Sterling Gaming,
Inc. Founded by the inventor of the laser-sighted pool cue, Sterling
intends to gain exposure for their products as a result of the acquisition.

Sterling Gaming, Inc. was founded in 1999 by Scott Taylor, a then-newcomer
to the billiards industry. Sterling is a wholesale distributor of
high-quality billiards products and currently supplies a large number of
traditional billiard supply retailers, billiard parlors, and online
retailers. "InsidePOOL.com is the best-known and most-visited billiards site
on the net," said Scott. "This purchase will allow us to reach more players
with our products, thereby increasing the demand for our brands to our
dealers."

JR Calvert, owner of Spheragon Publishing and the publisher of InsidePOOL
Magazine, created InsidePOOL.com in 2001. "After putting my heart into our
magazine and then continuing with the creation of its online component, it's
a wonderful feeling to know that I can leverage this sale to take the
magazine to the next level," said JR. "With the proceeds of the sale, we
will be able to drastically expand our circulation, which has been a large
goal of ours since the beginning. The millions of pool players in the
United States simply weren't being served by the pre-existing magazines."

Sterling and Spheragon had been discussing the advantages of the proposed
transfer of the online asset for over six months. "It was hard to make the
decision to grow the magazine at the expense of the site; however, after
reflecting on the opportunity, it was definitely the best route to take to
keep with my original mission," JR replied when asked about his motives.

Fellow industry members not related to either party have been very
supportive of the purchase. Employees of both companies as well as
customers and suppliers are happy that Sterling is the new owner of
InsidePOOL.com. Matt Carter, general manager for Sterling Gaming, has been
very involved with the Internet marketing arm of the company. He said, "I'm
incredibly excited to be involved in a process that will allow us to
continue to be an innovator in this industry. Never before has a
distributor worked with a publisher to bring forth a combination of content
and product that stand to grow the overall exposure of the game of pool."

The new official website for InsidePOOL Magazine will reside at
www.insidepoolmag.com (http://www.insidepoolmag.com) and will be launched in late April 2005.

About Sterling Gaming, Inc.
Although a relatively new company, Sterling Gaming, Inc., has grown to
become one of the largest distributors in the world of billiards supplies.
Sterling is the North American distributor of Fury Cues, voted the favorite
pool cue of players on a recent Internet poll. Sterling increases the
public awareness of their products by sponsoring professional players,
professional tournaments, and amateur tours. They are the supplier of over
1,500 poolrooms and billiard supply stores and more than 50 online
retailers.

About Spheragon Publishing
InsidePOOL Magazine is recognized as the billiards magazine preferred by
pool players. Since their first issue in December 2001, it has gained a
large fan base resulting from their excellent coverage of professional and
amateur events, instructional columns by top-ranked players Allison Fisher
and Johnny Archer, and a groundbreaking format.

=============================================
Our Committment to Serve InsidePOOL.com Customers

As you may have experienced, and numerous others as of late, InsidePOOL.com's
customer service has been, frankly, horrible. I do not believe anyone will
take issue with that statement. Now, some of this is due to the telephone
problems that occurred at their office (I can attest to the most unfortunate
situation that arose), yet primarily the reasons for the poor service were:
1. Sudden key employee turnover
2. A lack of efficient order processing systems
3. A very sudden explosion in the amount of orders being handled

The problems were compounded as a result of little employee cross-training and
the fact that handling the sales of products was not the primary focus of the
company. Remember, this is the company that produces what many believe to be
the best magazine in the billiards industry. Ensuring that events were covered
and the magazine was produced was first on the mind of the ownership, and as a
result, not enough time was dedicated to putting "failsafe" systems in place.

From reading the message boards, one might think that the problems at
InsidePOOL were a whole lot worse than they really were. Don't get me wrong,
there are a large number of orders that have been misplaced, mis-shipped, or
mishandled, but this is actually a fairly small percentage. However, based on
the large volume of orders the site has recently taken, there are several
disgruntled customers. Who can blame these people who, in good faith, placed
an order and never received it? They tried calling, but were unable to reach
anyone due to the telephone problems. They then emailed a customer service
representative, but before they could get an answer, that employee had left,
replaced by someone who had no knowledge of the order or the situation... I'd
be quite upset if this happened to me!

Here is the current situation:

As we speak, six people, including two former employees recruited to help sort
through the paper-based order system, are doing their best to identify all
orders that may have slipped through the cracks. We are hoping to have the
bulk of these discovered by the end of the day.

Next, we will be conducting a thorough audit of all past orders to determine
their status. We will be pairing up shipping records with the original orders
to determine which orders are "in the clear".

Then, we will identify all the orders where the customer charged back their
credit card, and remove these from the system. After this is done, we will
make contact with every past customer to make sure they have been satisfied.
When we find a customer who has been poorly treated regarding customer service,
we will make all attempts to rectify the situation.

I, and our General Manager, Matt Carter, have been on-site at the InsidePOOL
offices to manage the transfer of information. As a result of the cooperation
between current and past employees, we should be able to make sense of the
order records, ensuring that no customer will be "left behind", if you will.

Here is our timetable:

1. Initial discovery of misplaced orders should be completed by the end of
today.

2. Orders that are identified as unshipped through this discovery will ship,
where possible, beginning Monday morning.

3. Today, I will be sending an email to all past customers who ordered online
explaining to them the current transition, and humbly requesting a week's worth
of patience while we complete our audit of the orders.

4. Our auditing of shipping records will commence on Monday as well, but we
will be depending on past InsidePOOL.com suppliers to provide us with many
orders' shipping details. Assuming prompt response and full cooperation from
these businesses, this phase should be completed by Wednesday.

5. All orders that we find as unshipped or mis-shipped will be re-sent
throughout this week. In the unfortunate event that we cannot fulfill an order
due to items being out-of-stock, we will immediately contact that customer to
explain the situation, and determine how the order should then be processed.

6. Once we have processed all the orders we have found problems with, we will
send out a follow-up email to all past customers in an attempt to find any
unshipped orders that we, ourselves, were unable to find. In this email will
be detailed instructions on how any underserved customer should bring their
unfortunate case to our attention.

7. We will do our best to promptly satisfy these customers in the second week
at the latest.

8. If your order number is 11566 or higher, you can expect to have your order
shipped this week, beginning tomorrow.

9. All newly-placed orders will generally ship within 24 hours, yet most
placed before 3:00pm Eastern Time will ship the day they are placed.

10. As orders are shipped, customers will be immediately emailed with the
tracking number of their order.

It is important to note that we have a large and experienced customer service
staff, and will be bringing all resources of our company to bear in an attempt
to minimize the time it will take to satisfy past InsidePOOL.com customers.
The sheer volume of orders to audit makes this a near-Hurculean task, but we
will do the very best we can to take care of the nice customers that were kind
enough to honor InsidePOOL.com with their business.

If you personally have a question regarding your order, I'd like to ask that
you please allow us to work our process as outlined above. It would be very
helpful and more efficient if you give us the opportunity to show you just how
effective our customer service is, by allowing us to identify and then resolve
orders that are currently pending.

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and thanks on behalf of both previous
and current management of InsidePOOL.com for your business.

Sincerely,

S. Scott Taylor, President
Sterling Gaming, Inc.