PDA

View Full Version : want help to start a youth billiards assotiation.

jakeizkool28
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I am wanting to start a youth billiards assoiation, specificaly for jounior players. Any youth players interested in helping, or just spreading the word? This is a fairly new idea, so any one at all who will help or If you just want more detailed information E-mail me at jakeizkool@hotmail.com

Bob_Jewett
03-30-2005, 03:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jakeizkool28:</font><hr> I am wanting to start a youth billiards assoiation, ... <hr /></blockquote>
The BCA and the USBA run national championships for juniors. Do you plan to tie in with those?

jakeizkool28
03-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I would like to interact with those orginizatins, but be seperate. Are you inerested?

Jake

landshark77
03-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Jake,

I have thought about this for some time. I truely believe that something needs to be out there, but at the same time it is going to take alot of work and dedication to get it done. How do you plan on funding this? Where are you located? Are you trying to go national right away or are you trying to keep things concentrated in your general area until a "pilot program" gets established? What type of location are you thinking your events will be held at? Please bear in mind that several communities do no have pool halls. For example in my direct area you aren't playing pool anywhere except the bar or the one table that have at the bowling alley or this one pizza place, lol. Kids can't drive and parents work, so that is another barrier to iron out.
One thought I had was tying it in to the Boys and Girls club. The BCA initiated a pilot program with the B&amp;GC in CO in 2000 (I think) however, there has been no updates as to its success.

I am interested in helping formulate ideas, however, at this time I lack the ambition to do anything further...however, maybe in a few months I will feel different.

jakeizkool28
03-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I am ready for hard work. If we could work something out with bca or take dues for funding. I was not planing on having national tournements for quite a while, this was just planed to start out as a small national(nonprofit) information orgonization. On the where for juniors to play, I am a junior play and can't drive but if you have a true passion for this game you will do what you can.

landshark77
03-31-2005, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jakeizkool28:</font><hr> I am ready for hard work. If we could work something out with bca or take dues for funding. I was not planing on having national tournements for quite a while, this was just planed to start out as a small national(nonprofit) information orgonization. On the where for juniors to play, I am a junior play and can't drive but if you have a true passion for this game you will do what you can. <hr /></blockquote>

I agree with you Jake. If you have the ambition...go for it. If you wanna do it non-profit, then that opens alot of funding opportunities for you. You still need to get your tax except status and be recognized by the IRS. The last time I looked into this it was about $500. You would also need to have your board in place. Where are you? You said that you are a minor?? If so how old are you and do you have an adult that is willing to help. I dunno if you can get non-profit status as a minor. Good luck to you.

jakeizkool28
03-31-2005, 10:10 PM
I would need to raise money some how for the irs but I do have many adults behind me. I am only 14 and live in Indiana but i am serious about starting this. do you know any junior pool players where you are.
Jake!

landshark77
04-01-2005, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jakeizkool28:</font><hr> I would need to raise money some how for the irs but I do have many adults behind me. I am only 14 and live in Indiana but i am serious about starting this. do you know any junior pool players where you are.
Jake! <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Jake, I am 27 and don't know any kids that are into pool. I am glad that you have some adults behind you on this. You sound very determined, and I wish you luck. I hope that you will be visiting this board frequently to update us and if any ideas come to mind or my priorities change I will let you know.

jakeizkool28
04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
thank you for the suport and Ideas.

ceebee
04-02-2005, 10:16 AM
If you will try to contact Joe Savarin (column writer for Professor Q-Ball Mag), he can help you with starting a youth billiards association, he has started a few himself.
(joescorner@earthlink.net)