PDA

View Full Version : Help from people with Blue Book of Pool Cues

06-04-2002, 07:56 AM
Hi all . If you happen to have a copy of the Blue Book of Pool Cues with you can you PLEASE check the price listed for me for a 5 points, no veneers, rings on A,B,C,D,E Mike Bender cue? Thanks a million.

Scott Lee
06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Not enough information here...could be as low as $500 or as high as $2000. Either include a picture, or be more detailed in your description of the cue. Include details like how many shafts, kinds of woods, any inlays, type of joint, type of ferrule(s), type of rings, etc.

06-04-2002, 12:51 PM
2 shafts with linen based ferrules, 5 ebony points with no veneers, birdeyes forearm, linen wrap, ebony butt, no ivory inlay at point or butt, Bushka(sp?) style ivory ring at A,B,C,D,E, phenolic joint. Thanks a million.

Scott Lee
06-04-2002, 06:31 PM
From what I can tell, it looks like it's probably in the $600-$900 range. Most of the higher dollar cues by him have more detailed points, and frequently ivory inlays. However, a cue is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...and how bad you want to sell it! JMO

Scott Lee

06-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Very well stated Scott, also for adding my two cents in i have been buying and selling cues for about the fifteen years ive been playing and if that counts for anything i beleive youre price estimate is right on the money ,no pun intended.. For youre info also or his higher end custom cues havent been selling that well as of late and have been going for cheaper prices from what i can tell.. Q-BALL

06-05-2002, 06:49 AM
Thank you gentlemen for your help.