PDA

View Full Version : cuetec shafts

dvsmnstr
03-31-2005, 08:51 AM
hey people, I just recieved my cutec cue and I love it its very smooth and slides great. I want to keep this thing looking clean if I take a handtowel and rub the shaft clean when i'm done will that wear off anything from the tru-glide finish? because I want the shaft to stay nice and smoooth! thanks

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2005, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> hey people, I just recieved my cutec cue and I love it its very smooth and slides great. I want to keep this thing looking clean if I take a handtowel and rub the shaft clean when i'm done will that wear off anything from the tru-glide finish? <hr /></blockquote>

no

I think cuetec makes a cleaner specific for their shafts but I could be wrong. just use anything non-abrasive.

RedHell
04-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Wally is right, they do a specific cleaner for cuetec, but the truth is, when I bought one it only seems to be the same as ArmorAll.

I later tried ArmorAll on the shaft and it did the same great job. As for keeping it clean, cuetec shaft don't really get dirty, they only collect the grease off you hand and get sticky. For one thing, never ever use any sand paper, green pad or polishing kit for wood finished shaft.

highsea
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Just clean it(use a non-abrasive cleaner like windex),then if you want to treat it, cue silk works great but it's pricey- a couple drops on a paper towel and buff it in. I think silicone spray would be just as good- never spray the shaft directly with anything, always apply to a paper towel and buff for about 30 seconds.

-CM~~~never tried armor-all...

Troy
04-01-2005, 06:27 PM
No need to waste money on a cue-specific product !!!
Wipe it down with a soft, damp cloth then dry with another soft, dry cloth if it feels damp.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> hey people, I just recieved my cutec cue and I love it its very smooth and slides great. I want to keep this thing looking clean if I take a handtowel and rub the shaft clean when i'm done will that wear off anything from the tru-glide finish? because I want the shaft to stay nice and smoooth! thanks <hr /></blockquote>