PDA

View Full Version : Living wills

SecaucusFats
03-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Regarding living wills:
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1112285414SecaucusFats">

Living wills
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />I have a living will
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />I do not have a living will
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Not sure I want, or need, a living will
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />No way! Keep me alive no matter what.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm getting one soon

Voodoo Daddy
03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
After riding motocycles for decades I did a living will with my sister's law firm. A DNR is in order &lt;Do Not Resesitate&gt; so none of that nonsence could happen to my family. I am gonna leave my bad attitude to KATO...he needs one!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SpiderMan
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
My family doesn't need money, and I have no (known /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) dependents. If I get hit by a truck tomorrow, might as well spend mine keeping me alive until they can perfect human cloning. Or pay someone to wipe my hard drive before mom comes to the house.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
I just finished mine and sent it to my daughter (lawyer) for review.

I basically stated that if I am not conscience and it's more than a hangnail, I'm outta here. I value life a little but not mine in particular, especially if I can't do what I want and be where I want to be.

Deeman

Deeman2
04-01-2005, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> My family doesn't need money, and I have no (known /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) dependents. <font color="blue"> Would you like a dependent? I can volunteer, if you leave cash and your cue, maybe your jump shot as well. </font color> If I get hit by a truck tomorrow, might as well spend mine keeping me alive until they can perfect human cloning. Or pay someone to wipe my hard drive before mom comes to the house.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Why do we call it a "Living Will"? Wouldn't "Dying Will" be more appropriate?

Why call it a "Will" when you "Won't"?

Doesn't "Will in Testate" sound a little gay?

Could someone make up a "next to last will and testement"?

The shortest Will ever written was simply "all to Mom". It was protested because he had often referred to his mother and wife as Mom.

If you leave it all to your cat, does her kittens get it after the cat dies?

Can John Edward change you will after you die if you ask him to?

If you declared that you wanted to take it with you, would they bury the money with you?

If cloned, could you leave it to yourself?

If you murder your benefitciary, can their survivors sue you in civil court for theft and loss?

Just curious...

Deeman

</font color>

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2005, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Doesn't "Will in Testate" sound a little gay?
<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds like a disease that may result in sore cojones

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> No feeding tubes for Deeman<hr /></blockquote>

If you're like me, you don't need one.

Troy
04-01-2005, 03:15 PM
You make jokes about some extremely serious [censored].
It really ain't funny.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> My family doesn't need money, and I have no (known /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) dependents. <font color="blue"> Would you like a dependent? I can volunteer, if you leave cash and your cue, maybe your jump shot as well. </font color> If I get hit by a truck tomorrow, might as well spend mine keeping me alive until they can perfect human cloning. Or pay someone to wipe my hard drive before mom comes to the house.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Why do we call it a "Living Will"? Wouldn't "Dying Will" be more appropriate?

Why call it a "Will" when you "Won't"?

Doesn't "Will in Testate" sound a little gay?

Could someone make up a "next to last will and testement"?

The shortest Will ever written was simply "all to Mom". It was protested because he had often referred to his mother and wife as Mom.

If you leave it all to your cat, does her kittens get it after the cat dies?

Can John Edward change you will after you die if you ask him to?

If you declared that you wanted to take it with you, would they bury the money with you?

If cloned, could you leave it to yourself?

If you murder your benefitciary, can their survivors sue you in civil court for theft and loss?

Just curious...

Deeman

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

theinel
04-01-2005, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>If I get hit by a truck tomorrow, might as well spend mine keeping me alive until they can perfect human cloning. Or pay someone to wipe my hard drive before mom comes to the house.<hr /></blockquote>
That's classic SpiderMan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SnakebyteXX
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished mine and sent it to my daughter (lawyer) for review. <hr /></blockquote>

Cool! My daughter is a lawyer too. Lawyer daughters can come in very handy sometimes - I know mine does.

Snake

Deeman2
04-02-2005, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> You make jokes about some extremely serious [censored].
It really ain't funny.

<font color="blue"> Troy,

Lighten up. If you think no one should ever make fun of death, wills and such, you have not been paying attention to life and death as well. I didn't make fun of the discrete suffering of an individual, just a couple of silly questions about wills, not human tragedy.

If I offended your personal sensitivities to death, I do apologise as I certainly don't want to offend someone who holds death and wills in such serious esteem. </font color>

Deeman
really didn't know wills were such a sensitive PC topic, really...

Troy
04-02-2005, 07:53 AM
When you've walked in my shoes, then you can talk to me about lightening up.
Until then, your so-called "jokes" aren't the slightest bit funny to me.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr>
<font color="blue"> Troy,

Lighten up. If you think no one should ever make fun of death, wills and such, you have not been paying attention to life and death as well. I didn't make fun of the discrete suffering of an individual, just a couple of silly questions about wills, not human tragedy.

If I offended your personal sensitivities to death, I do apologise as I certainly don't want to offend someone who holds death and wills in such serious esteem. </font color>

Deeman
really didn't know wills were such a sensitive PC topic, really... <hr /></blockquote>

Popcorn
04-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I have been lucky enough to have never been seriously ill but have been faced with a situation where my death was a real possibility and in the end it just didn't really matter. In the last few weeks we have seen the ridicules circus surrounding the Terri Schiavo case, while at the same time everyday soldiers whose names we will never know are dying in Iraq. I think the longer you live the more you see what an absurdity life is.