PDA

View Full Version : How can you get a perfect rack

ras314
03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
without the Sardo rack? I finally got ceebee's book despite the best efforts of the USPS and, after studying it from front to back, began trying Joe Tuckers racking secrets. However there is no way to get all balls frozen without moving the rack off the normal spot on the cloth. Brushing, vacuuming, ect. has no effect. Simons 860 cloth, fairly new but a little loose.

One ball area particularly (three ball in Tuckers rack order scheme) has a dimple that makes it roll out so I tried wetting it and gently tapping in place. Didn't work so now I have the rack held in place on the table with a weight added. I've been fairly careful about racks and the table hasn't been broken on much.

Think of switching the foot spot just to check out Tucker's theories.

ceebee
03-31-2005, 11:43 AM
hey there RAS314, chapter 6 is before chapter 7.

Chapter 6 is about spaces in the rack & how to benefit from a faulty rack.

Chapter 7 is about making a ball on the break from a supposedly good rack, but spaces will show up there too. We do not live in a perfect world. Somewhere in Chapter 6, Johnny Archer is quoted, "the balls are touching, but they are not frozen".

Glad you got your book, GOOD LUCK to you...

DebraLiStarr
03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
How can You Get A Perfect Rack

<font color="blue">I have a friend that had to pay $10,000 </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
http://www.salcalabro.com/

Eric

ras314
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a lot of inflation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
03-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi Charlie,

I started at chap. 6, with the lead ball rolled over slightly for a gap. Nothing made sense for several breaks. Then checked carefully and found other more or less random very slight gaps. So decided to set up the camcorder and tape several "good rack" brakes. Some hours later still haven't produced a "perfect rack".

{Johnny Archer is quoted, "the balls are touching, but they are not frozen".} Still don't understand that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif