PDA

View Full Version : POPE given last rights

cueball1950
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
CNN news is reporting that the Pope has been given his last rights. Appears that he is suffering from a high fever due to a bad urinary tract infection. I will pray for him. He is/was a good man and the 1st non Italian Pope in over 500 years. If he does not make it then i say "Go With Gods Speed" Pope John Paul 2nd..............mike

rukiddingme
03-31-2005, 11:35 PM
I attended an outdoor Mass in Grant Park when the Pope first visited the US in the late 70's. A half a million people were in Grant Park along the lakefront in Chicago.
I'll never forget it. I am not a religious experience but that was a truly moving experience.
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
04-01-2005, 06:30 AM
He's a good man. He helped end Communism.

Let's hope the next guy does something about the child-molesting priests.

SnakebyteXX
04-01-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's hope the next guy does something about the child-molesting priests <hr /></blockquote>

According to the known patterns of abnormal psychology people with abnormal tendencies will often seek professions that enable them to express their abnormalities. Thus some foot fetishists will seek jobs as shoe salesmen, some pedophiles will seek jobs in pre-schools and some homosexuals will seek jobs in exclusive male professions like the Catholic priesthood.

Pedophilia is considered by many to be a form of 'arrested sexual development'. At some point early on in their lives most pedophiles stop maturing emotionally and sexually. In fact while society tends to view them as adults preying on children (which they most certainly are) they tend to view themselves as children who by nature are drawn to other children (IE: Michael Jackson).

One of the disadvantages faced by the Catholic Church in regards to pedophile priests is that their standard of selection for the Priesthood requires applicants to commit to a life of celibacy. While ascribing to a life of abstention from heterosexual relations might be a Herculian task for the average 'normal' heterosexual male it is obviously not the case for homosexual males.

Althought there would be no guarantees of complete success (heterosexuals can also be pedophiles), it may be time for the Catholic Church to re-evaluate their standards of admission to the Priesthood and consider the prospect of eliminating the requirement of celibacy.

Just my dos centavos and no offense intended or implied to anyone's religious beliefs.

Snake