View Full Version : Side walk chalkguy

nAz
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I wish i had half this guys talent...

http://www.gprime.net/images/sidewalkchalkguy/

http://www.gprime.net/images/sidewalkchalkguy/chalk3.jpg

landshark77
04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
That guy is freakin' awesome....thanx nAz.

9 Ball Girl
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I like it. I like it a lot.

SpiderMan
04-01-2005, 11:00 AM
That sombitch is good!

SpiderMan

theinel
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>I wish i had half this guys talent...<hr /></blockquote>
Artists/artistry always amaze me. Whether it's this guy with chalk on the street or Efren with chalk (and cue) on the table it's just amazing what talent/genius can do.

SecaucusFats
04-01-2005, 06:03 PM
He is indeed a very talented artist. I wonder if his choice of medium and "canvas" are supposed to make a statement about the ephemeral nature of art and beauty?

landshark77
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SecaucusFats:</font><hr> He is indeed a very talented artist. I wonder if his choice of medium and "canvas" are supposed to make a statement about the ephemeral nature of art and beauty? <hr /></blockquote>

Push me in the shallow water............. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
04-01-2005, 10:10 PM
"That sombitch is good!"

Maybe, not to take anything away from the guy but, If you are in the town for a while and begin watching some of these guys, not all, but some of them have only a small number of pictures they have perfected and that is all they ever do. Since they are dealing with tourists you never know he isn't really all that good an artist. It they offer to do a portrait or something he probably is, but many are not as good as you think at first glance. I saw one guy do the same picture every day in Italy for the week I was there. It seemed it was the only picture he knew, but he made a few bucks. Most street artists trick you when you see them producing pictures so quickly that seem so good, it is because they have produced the same pictures hundreds of times, maybe thousands.

highsea
04-02-2005, 04:57 AM
I like it. It's cooler'n sh*t.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ~~can't write a straight line..

DickLeonard
04-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Popcorn that is why I thought Minnesota Fats was the Best of all poolplayers. Most players are thru in an hour.

Fatty gave Joe Canton and myself three free days around 1969. He was on for roughly 27 hours and he never told the same lie twice. Then we would go to Joes Madison Avenue and he would hold court for 2/3 hours and he wouldn't repeat a story. A truly amazing ability to fabricate a pool story.####

nAz
04-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Pop I know what you mena there are guys and gals in Time square that do these really good looking citescsape paintings(mostly with spray cans) in under 5 min. they do so many that in becomes automatic. but still you can see they have talent.

BlindPlayer
04-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Wooooooo - I would love to see this live. Once I find out where it is (Europe?) I might wrap my next vacation around it. I'm sure there's a decent pool hall nearby.

Next time anyone is in London there's the coolest pool hall ever not too far from Picadilly Square. The taxi driver's know where.

When I try to draw a circle it always looks like an egg.