PDA

View Full Version : antique table info

geno368
04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
<font color="blue"> </font color> I have a 1939 Babcock table (9') and the brass plate says Imperial Cushions, Syracuse, NY. I am trying to find out the value of this beautiful table and some history on it. It is a 3-piece slate, 1 7/8" thick and has 6 legs...Anyone got any idea how to find out?

Scott Lee
04-01-2005, 02:33 PM
If you take some pictures and post them here, we can better help you. I haven't heard of that particular brand, though.
If it has almost 2" thick slate, the table is exceptional, and probably plays great! There are several people around the country who appraise and/or restore old pool tables for a fee. You could videotape the table and send them the video. One of the top guys is Clay Newell, in Kansas. The value of yours will be based mostly on condition, and then rarity. If the table is in premium condition (all original) it could be worth as much as $10K or more. Since it is only 60 years old, it does not qualify as an antique.
Hope this helps...

Scott Lee

geno368
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
thanks for the reply...I do have some good pics of the table..how do I attach them here?

SPetty
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote geno368:</font><hr> I do have some good pics of the table..how do I attach them here? <hr /></blockquote>Check out the board FAQ here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/faq_english.php?Cat=#image) for instructions on how to attach a pic.