PDA

View Full Version : Saturday apr. 9th. Mosconi vs Cranfield ESPNC 2pm

christopheradams
04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
2pm. est on apr. 9th.
No sure if its spelled Cranfield or Cranefield.
Just got digital cable and got ESPNC. Can't wait to watch it. Anyone else gonna check it out or has anyone already seen it? Never seen Mosconi in action but read is book cover to cover many times. I think we are in for a treat.

Also did some research on no limit 9ball. It is now called BallBreakers and is scheduled for June on the GSN network.

Celebrity pool looks like its dead.

Theres also more old classic matches on espnc on upcoming saturdays.

hondo
04-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Irving Crane?

SecaucusFats
04-05-2005, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Irving Crane? <hr /></blockquote>

Nah, Arthur "Babe" Cranfield.

Cranfield was running 100's in straight at age 12. He won the Junior's straight championship at age 15. The US Amateur Championship at 22 (youngest champion ever). He won the World's Pro Championship (1964) during which he defeated Irving Crane 150 to (-2) and then Luther Lassiter with a final combined score of 1200 to 730. He was, and remains, the only player ever to win the highest titles at the Junior's, Amateur, and Professional levels.

He was inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame in 1997. He collaborated with Laurance S. Moy to publish two books on straight pool; "The Straight Pool Bible" (2000) and "Essential Pool, A Complete Course From A World Champion" (2002).

"Babe" Cranfield passed away a few years ago.

DickLeonard
04-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Fats the Babe was the Greatest Individual Sport Athelete of all time.

He had a 200+ bowling average
He was a Scratch Golfer
He excelled at Tennis
He excelled at Ping Pong
He was a Great Archery Shooter

I don't know of any individual sport that he didn't excell at. As for Baseball,Football,Basketball if he played those sports he would have excelled because it was his nature to devote his whole being to whatever he was doing at that time.####

JohnnyP
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Is ESPNC on the Dish Network? I usually watch pool on ESPN2, I think..

Argh. Hope I get this.

hondo
04-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I have heard of Cranfield but I bet they show
Mosconi &amp; Crane. I hope I'm proved wrong.