PDA

View Full Version : Master's in Virginia Beach in May rescheduled

Bob_Jewett
04-03-2005, 05:20 PM
The Master's for this May is going to be rescheduled. For more info, see http://www.q-masters.com/masters.php

Rich R.
04-04-2005, 03:19 AM
After reading Barry's statement, it seems to me that Charlie Williams is up to his old tricks again.

In the past, Charlie has threatened promoters, that he would schedule a UPA event, at the same time as a tournament, if they didn't pay for the UPA sanctioning. I would guess that is what happened in this situation.
Charlie just wants to bully promoters and fill his own pockets. I have no respect for that man.

JimS
04-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Clearly you hit the nail on the head Rich and it's clear that Charlie does NOT have at heart the best interests of the game, the players or the fans. What a shame. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SplinterHands
04-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Now I'm glad Earl cheated him. I just wish he would've won the match.

onepocketchump
04-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Maybe Barry should pay the players he owes before holding new tournaments.

John

MosconiJr
04-05-2005, 08:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote onepocketchump:</font><hr> Maybe Barry should pay the players he owes before holding new tournaments.

John <hr /></blockquote>
If Charlie only conflicted with Barry's tournaments, I would agree, and do agree that Barry should manage his payouts better. But Charlie has done this on numerous occasions to many promoters, so I must agree that he has neither the game nor the fans' best interests at heart. It seems his only need is to hurt pool and stroke his own ego.

MosconiJr