PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if Gerda won the WCC...

nAz
04-03-2005, 06:02 PM
...yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif last I heard she was in the hot seat and was scheduled to play Kelly Fisher in the finals.
Man I hope she wins, it will be awesome to see her do it while rarely practicing and going to school full time.

Go G-Force!

9 Ball Girl
04-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Kelly Fisher won. I don't know what the final score was.

dr_dave
04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ...yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif last I heard she was in the hot seat and was scheduled to play Kelly Fisher in the finals.
Man I hope she wins, it will be awesome to see her do it while rarely practicing and going to school full time.<hr /></blockquote>
FYI, you can always get the latest results under "WPBA Schedules" at the WPBA website (http://www.wpba.com). They show the entire bracket and it's updated as matches complete.

Regards,
Dr. Dave

landshark77
04-04-2005, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_dave:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ...yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif last I heard she was in the hot seat and was scheduled to play Kelly Fisher in the finals.
Man I hope she wins, it will be awesome to see her do it while rarely practicing and going to school full time.<hr /></blockquote>
FYI, you can always get the latest results under "WPBA Schedules" at the WPBA website (http://www.wpba.com). They show the entire bracket and it's updated as matches complete.

Regards,
Dr. Dave <hr /></blockquote>

Ummm, sorry Dave...often times the updates are slow...really slow.

Scott Lee
04-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Wendy...This was, I believe, Kelly's first win on the WPBA Tour. Maybe now she'll get her name listed on the Player List on the WPBA website! LOL I got to watch Kelly &amp; Val Finnie play some of the local men in Charlotte last summer, and her sponsor (Fury Cues) predicted that it would not be long before both of these women would be playing in the Big Show! He was right! Not bad for someone who came over here less than a year ago, and worked their way to the TOP very quickly! Sure love to see the new faces...and they have to play well to get seen too! It's been a long time since Allison or Karen didn't finish #1 or #2 (or both together)! Congratulations Kelly!

Scott Lee

pooltchr
04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Scott,
I remember that tournament...she drew Tony Watson in the first round and was going game for game with him...not an easy task for any player!\

Knowing Kelly personally, I have seen her practice and play...and her dedication on the practice table as well as her skill gained while winning all those world championships make for a very powerful combination. Yes this was her first win, but it certainly won't be her last!

Way to go, Kelly!

Steve

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
I love the headline on the BD homepage:

Fisher - No, Not That One - Takes WPBA Title