PDA

View Full Version : The CCB 4 Tourney

9 Ball Girl
04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
The CCB 4 Tourney early stages of planning:

When: Saturday, September 24, 2005
Where: Q-Master Billiards (prob. the same room as '03)
Time: 10 AM Warmup; Play starts at 11ish AM
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (ok?)

So, uh, Rich, would you like to reprise your role of Master of Ceremonies again this year? And will Cathy like to keep score again?

For those of you who weren't there last year, here's 03's thread so you can get an idea of what we did:

CCB 3 Tourney Thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=155459&Forum=cc b&Words=CCB%20Tourney&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Search page=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=154286&Search=true# Post155459)

I guess I'm looking for about 25-30 players (I can't remember if there was a limit using Dave's program for this particular format). If you're interested in playing, PM me with I'm In! in the subject line. So I'll start:

CCB 4 Tourney Players
1. 9 Ball Girl

If you'd like to donate some prizes, PM me too. You don't have to be a player in the tourney to donate so bring on the prizes!

*I'll take suggestions for the CCB Dinner. We've already done the Great Steak (or was it Grate Steak?) in Greenbrier, we did the LoneStar, and then we did The Yukon.

When: Friday, September 23, 2005
Time: Meet at 5PM at the Holiday Inn lobby
Where: TBA

Stay tuned for more updates as I get 'em!

cueball1950
04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Wendy... i would like to start off the donations list with a couple of New cues. 1 of them being an Audrick Custom cue made in the Philippines. The 2nd one i have not decided yet but i will donate another cue................mike

Rich R.
04-04-2005, 02:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> The CCB 4 Tourney early stages of planning:

When: Saturday, September 24, 2005
Where: Q-Master Billiards (prob. the same room as '03)
Time: 10 AM Warmup; Play starts at 11ish AM
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (ok?)

So, uh, Rich, would you like to reprise your role of Master of Ceremonies again this year? And will Cathy like to keep score again?<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">Cathy and I will be volunteering our services again this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>For those of you who weren't there last year, here's 03's thread so you can get an idea of what we did:

CCB 3 Tourney Thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=155459&amp;Forum=cc b&amp;Words=CCB%20Tourney&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Search page=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=1year&amp;Main=154286&amp;Search=true# Post155459)

I guess I'm looking for about 25-30 players (I can't remember if there was a limit using Dave's program for this particular format). <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Actually, since there are 6, 9' tables, in the back room of Q-Masters, the ideal number of players would be 24, 4 players per table. That way, everyone could start at the same time and each round would be completed around the same time. It makes this format run a lot smoother. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
In the past two years, we have had to use non-CCB alternates, to fill the field, so there shouldn't be a problem.
Hopefully, we will get 24 players, with a couple on a waiting list, because there is always someone who can't make it, at the last minute. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>If you're interested in playing, PM me with I'm In! in the subject line. So I'll start:

CCB 4 Tourney Players
1. 9 Ball Girl

If you'd like to donate some prizes, PM me too. You don't have to be a player in the tourney to donate so bring on the prizes!

*I'll take suggestions for the CCB Dinner. We've already done the Great Steak (or was it Grate Steak?) in Greenbrier, we did the LoneStar, and then we did The Yukon.<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="blue">My only suggesstions would be that it be at a place as close as possible to the convention center and easy to get to.
Also, I would suggest that we meet at 4:30, so we could get to the restaurant by 5:00. That way we would stand a better chance of getting back to the Open for the start of the evening session. By Saturday evening, there are some really great matches. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>When: Friday, September 23, 2005
Time: Meet at 5PM at the Holiday Inn lobby
Where: TBA

Stay tuned for more updates as I get 'em! <hr /></blockquote>

Eric.
04-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I'll be there (God Willin).

As far as dinner, I'm not too picky, as long as the food is decent. If Brady's wife is still working at the Yukon, I personally, like to support those that support us. My vote is for the Yukon.

Eric

landshark77
04-04-2005, 09:18 AM
I want in if I go..when do I actually have to commit??

Wally_in_Cincy
04-04-2005, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> ...If Brady's wife is still working at the Yukon, I personally, like to support those that support us. ... <hr /></blockquote>

good point. plus the filets I had there last year were excellent

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I noticed that I put '03 in reference to last year. It should be '04. The website was really sloooooow last night and I just couldn't make a correction.

We're going to play in that front room on the right when you first walk in like last year. Rich, I think you're right in that there were 6 tables.

So we're looking for 24 players?

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
I can put you on the list of players but just let me know when you know if you're going to make it or not.

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> ...If Brady's wife is still working at the Yukon, I personally, like to support those that support us. ... <hr /></blockquote>

good point. plus the filets I had there last year were excellent <hr /></blockquote>I absolutely loved The Yukon. I actually went again the next day. In any case, eventhough I love the place, we didn't really get to sit together which didn't sit well with some folks but, I'll go with the majority.

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
The CCB 4 Tourney Players

1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. Wally_in_Cincy
4. landshark77
5. Doctor_D
6. Eric.
7. cueball1950

Prizes

1 - Audrick Custom Cue (Philipines) - cueball1950

Doctor_D
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Good afternoon Wendy:

Sign me up, I m ready to compete !

Dr. D.

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
You mean you're not working a booth this year???

landshark77
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I can put you on the list of players but just let me know when you know if you're going to make it or not. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanx Wendy, BTW...who is Loneshark77??? I thought I had a few friends lmao!

Eric.
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> I want in if I go..when do I actually have to commit?? <hr /></blockquote>

I know that women as a whole have trouble commiting to anything. This is something that men have struggled with forever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, I would do what everyone else does; say you're going and worse comes to worse, cancel at the last minute.

Eric &gt;commitment phoebic

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>Thanx Wendy, BTW...who is Loneshark77??? I thought I had a few friends lmao! <hr /></blockquote>Bahahahahaha! I was wondering when someone was going to notice that!

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
One more thing:

For CCB 2 we had CCB T-Shirts. For CCB 3 we had CCB Pins. What should we do for CCB 4?

Eric.
04-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Thong underwear.

Eric

landshark77
04-04-2005, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Thong underwear.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Eric's modeling! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
04-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll wear mine if you wear your's.

Eric &gt;equal opportunity pervert

cueball1950
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
This i gotta see.....Wendy in a thong. but we have to see wendy first....lol...............mike

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 02:08 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kato
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
bump /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

9 Ball Girl
04-05-2005, 06:42 AM
CCB 4 Tourney Players:

1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. Wally_in_Cincy
4. landshark77
5. Doctor_D
6. Eric.
7. cueball1950
8. Jackpot George
9. Kato

Prizes:

1 - Audrick Custom Cue (Philippines) - cueball1950

cycopath
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> One more thing:

For CCB 2 we had CCB T-Shirts. For CCB 3 we had CCB Pins. What should we do for CCB 4? <hr /></blockquote>

Tattoos.

(Only because I won't be there.)

Brian in VA
04-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Hey sign me up! I haven't missed on yet, which is more than I can say for my shooting.

I plan to make trophies that resemble the ones given out at the open. Map of the US with brass inlaid in the center with the tourney info.

Brian in VA

9 Ball Girl
04-06-2005, 07:57 AM
10. Brian in VA

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
04-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Brian, remember that I offered to pay for the trophies, or we could split the cost; however, you wish.

A Champion and runner-up trophy just like the US Open.

I've been lurking lately but you can easily get a hold of me.

Harold

JMD in VA
04-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I will be there to defend my title. Well..........I will at least be there to have fun with my good friends. Count me in!

JMD in VA
2004 CCB Champion
Countin down to the 2005 CCB Tournament and the 30th US Open

Brian in VA
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi Harold,
I remember you said you wanted to pay for the trophies. Tell you what, how about if I supply the wood and labor to make them, you pay for the brass plaques that I'll apply. I have no idea how much they'll be but I don't think it's all that much. That way we can both have a hand in them. Let me know. I'll try to get an idea on prices soon. You can PM me if you'd rather.

Good to see you posting. Are you planning on attending again this year? It's great when the CCB is an international event!

Best,
Brian in VA

CarolNYC
04-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Hey Wendy,
Hmmmmmmm,Sept.24th?
If no tournaments,I'll meet you guys!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hey Wendy,
Hmmmmmmm,Sept.24th?
If no tournaments,I'll meet you guys!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>As far as the WPBA is concerned, there are no tournaments! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Actually, since there are 6, 9' tables, in the back room of Q-Masters, the ideal number of players would be 24, 4 players per table. That way, everyone could start at the same time and each round would be completed around the same time. It makes this format run a lot smoother. <hr /></blockquote>Hey Rich, Brady tells me that there are now 8 nine footers in the Green Room that we can use so...

Rich R.
04-11-2005, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Rich, Brady tells me that there are now 8 nine footers in the Green Room that we can use so... <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy, the program we use does not seem to like byes, so I will have to check to see what the next multiple of players we can use, for the program.
Since we have never filled the full number of 24 CCB members, I don't know if that will be an issue, but I will check.

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 06:43 AM
CCB 4 Tourney Player List

1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. Wally_in_Cincy
4. landshark77
5. Doctor_D
6. Eric.
7. cueball1950
8. JackPot George
9. Kato
10. Brian in VA
11. JMD in VA

Prizes/Raffle Items

1st and 2nd Place CCB Trophies (US Open Replica Plaques) - Brian in VA, Harold Acosta
1 $695 Cue-Tech Pool School (http://www.poolschool.info) Tuition - randyg
1 Audrick Custom Cue (Philippines) - cueball1950

CCB Dinner
The Yukon???

Rich R.
04-11-2005, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Rich, Brady tells me that there are now 8 nine footers in the Green Room that we can use so... <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Wendy, the program we use does not seem to like byes, so I will have to check to see what the next multiple of players we can use, for the program.
Since we have never filled the full number of 24 CCB members, I don't know if that will be an issue, but I will check. <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy, I just checked the program and it appears that in addition to 24 players, we can use 28 or 32, which would be the maximum for 8 tables. So, if we fill the field of 24 CCB members, we can shoot for 28 or 32.

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Wendy, I just checked the program and it appears that in addition to 24 players, we can use 28 or 32, which would be the maximum for 8 tables. So, if we fill the field of 24 CCB members, we can shoot for 28 or 32. <hr /></blockquote>Sounds good!

Harold Acosta
04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
OK Brian, the deal is on.

I don't know about the Open. Too many projects in Puerto Rico is consuming my "leave accrual."

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> "leave accrual." <hr /></blockquote>How's about credit hours? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostalgia
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Hmm...an 8 hour drive from here. I smell road trip /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll have to find out if I can make it that weekend.

-Joe

CarolNYC
04-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Yep Joe-lets do it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~singing "on the road again........." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

Nostalgia
04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Yep Joe-lets do it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~singing "on the road again........." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thinking of some kind of tri-state-area carpool?

-Joe

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> CCB 4 Tourney Player List

1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. Wally_in_Cincy
4. landshark77
5. Doctor_D
6. Eric.
7. cueball1950
8. JackPot George
9. Kato
10. Brian in VA
11. JMD in VA<hr /></blockquote>
12.pooltchr
13.Nostalgia

Rod
04-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Wendy,

I won't be there, just for your info and anyone who cares. LOL One day though, I'll show up. Course i'll need a hug! Your always well in front of these event's Wendy, hell I can't even plan my check book. ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Joe,
I'll be in touch with you through email-also, have the DVD-have to make copies and also copies of the articles you asked for,ah-ite? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

LJC_Cues
04-12-2005, 05:05 AM
I would like to attend! I can also donate something a cue, set of balls! I know you already have a cue so whatever you think would be good!

Rich R.
04-12-2005, 07:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LJC_Cues:</font><hr> I would like to attend! I can also donate something a cue, set of balls! I know you already have a cue so whatever you think would be good! <hr /></blockquote>
You more than welcome to attend. Don't forget to PM 9ball Girl and tell her to include you in the tournament list.

BTW, we'll take any prize donation you want to make. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Wow-thats awesome,but you'll have to contact Wendy (9-ball girl)-shes the coordinator,director,and, just EVERYTHING! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

cueball1950
04-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Yo Wendy my lovely... i would like to add a butterfly jump cue, (used only once for testing) to the prize fund and also i will be giving away another silver dollar (2005) to the winner also. i am trying to get it onto the trophy somehow. seems better than just handing it to them. plus i have 1 more cue that i am thinking of adding. you know me, i will donate everything up to and including the kitchen sink...lolol.......mike