PDA

View Full Version : Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich Movie deal

Fleece3
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
First of all, Congrats Danny you are a great ambassador for the game and I am sure you will do the pool industry proud.

That being said. To Hollywood. If you wanted to make a movie about a modern day American pool player that would be honest, entertaining, and money making there is a man that should have been number one on your MUST GET list!! Here are a few hints:

Divisive
Controversial
Brilliant
tempermental
entertaining
road warrior
5 Times US Open Champion
6 Times World Champion
once ran 11 racks to win a cool million
ALWAYS on the list when dicussing the greatest nine ball player EVER!!!

Could there be ANY better choice than:
THE MIGHTY EARL "THE PEARL" STRICKLAND?????

Love him or hate him we ALL would go to see that. And not just to see the pool. We would want to know what makes Earl tick

Personally, I think he is the greatest, on and off the table.

9 Ball Girl
04-05-2005, 06:37 AM
I wonder who they will use to play Danny (maybe Jack Black?) and the other players that we know. Hmmmmm....

Eric.
04-05-2005, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> First of all, Congrats Danny you are a great ambassador for the game and I am sure you will do the pool industry proud.

That being said. To Hollywood. If you wanted to make a movie about a modern day American pool player that would be honest, entertaining, and money making there is a man that should have been number one on your MUST GET list!! Here are a few hints:

Divisive
Controversial
Brilliant
tempermental
entertaining
road warrior
5 Times US Open Champion
6 Times World Champion
once ran 11 racks to win a cool million
ALWAYS on the list when dicussing the greatest nine ball player EVER!!!

Could there be ANY better choice than:
THE MIGHTY EARL "THE PEARL" STRICKLAND?????

Love him or hate him we ALL would go to see that. And not just to see the pool. We would want to know what makes Earl tick

Personally, I think he is the greatest, on and off the table. <hr /></blockquote>

Your post is a little misleading. I thought it was about Danny but it sounds more like a plug for Earl.

Either way, Danny is a good guy and has some great stories to tell. Personally, I like him and think that he deserves all that's coming his way.

Eric

SplinterHands
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Earl the pearl doesn't deserve to be in any movies. What a jerk.

Fleece3
04-05-2005, 10:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Your post is a little misleading. I thought it was about Danny but it sounds more like a plug for Earl.

Either way, Danny is a good guy and has some great stories to tell. Personally, I like him and think that he deserves all that's coming his way.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Danny is NOT a good guy...Danny is a GREAT guy. I first met him back in the Chelsea Billiards days. When I was strictly a "poke and hope play with your friends once a month player". He is ALWAYS laughing and joking. Like I said he is a great ambassador for the game. We are not friends or anything like that. In fact, I doubt if he even knows my name.

I am sure that he has GREAT road stories. I was simply making the point that Earl also has great road stories AND great stories about being on the world stage and TRIUMPHING. Think about it, you could have a movie about all of his ups and downs and actually end the movie with him holding the world championship throphy over his head. AND IT WOULD BE TRUE!! If someone wrote the Earl Strickland story and there wasn't really an Earl Strickland, all of us would be up here calling it BULL.

Fleece3
04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SplinterHands:</font><hr> Earl the pearl doesn't deserve to be in any movies. What a jerk. <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't say Earl should be in the movies. I said the Earl Strickland story deserves to be made into a movie. Can you think of ANY other player that generates the conversation that Strickland does? Positive AND negative

CarolNYC
04-06-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Danny is a GREAT guy <hr /></blockquote>
Ditto-that is so cool-good for Danny! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~thinks Danny has a GREAT smile&amp;personality to match!

Eric.
04-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Not htat it matters, Fleece, but I've known Danny a while too (since HE was a poke and hope'er at Elite on Rt. 9). All I was saying is that I think you're touting Earl on the wrong thread. The subject of this thread is Danny. For what it's worth.

Eric

Steve Lipsky
04-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Anyone else confused as to why they would offer so much money to an "unknown"? I am wondering if maybe the news article meant to write he "signed on to a multi-million dollar movie", rather than he "signed a multi-million dollar contract"?

I love Danny; he's hilarious, and as I've mentioned before, he's possessed of the single greatest voice in pool history. I think nothing would be greater than if this story were completely accurate.

I guess I am a little incredulous when you think of situations like The Da Vinci Code, where Sony paid $6 million for the movie rights. This is a book that has been on the bestseller list for like 2 years. Everybody has heard of it and the movie - even if it sucks - is going to pull in big dollars. And still, they only paid $6 million for it.

So I was just wondering if someone has direct knowledge of the veracity of this story, or has maybe spoken to Danny about it. If not, do the numbers seem odd to anyone else?

- Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
04-06-2005, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Anyone else confused as to why they would offer so much money to an "unknown"? <hr /></blockquote>

strange things happen in hollyweird. I guess we will find out when it all shakes out

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote the press release:</font><hr> AzBilliards has learned that Danny Basavich (a.k.a. "Kid Delicious") and his agent have a signed a multi-million dollar contract with a major Hollywood Studio for the life story of "Kid Delicious" and his agent. The script, as well as a full length book, will be written by Jon Wertheim who wrote the feature story on Basavich for Sports Illustrated recently.

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
04-06-2005, 08:16 AM
If you goole Jon Wertheim you will find that 97% of his writing is about tennis.

I wonder if he knows Anna.

Fleece3
04-08-2005, 03:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Not htat it matters, Fleece, All I was saying is that I think you're touting Earl on the wrong thread. The subject of this thread is Danny. For what it's worth.
Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Not that it matters Eric, I started the thread. For what it is worth. :-)

Eric.
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Not htat it matters, Fleece, All I was saying is that I think you're touting Earl on the wrong thread. The subject of this thread is Danny. For what it's worth.
Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Not that it matters Eric, I started the thread. For what it is worth. :-) <hr /></blockquote>

Not that it matters, Flees, what jackass titles a thread about one person as the subject and instead talks about someone else. For what it's worth :-)

Eric

Perk
04-08-2005, 10:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fleece3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Not htat it matters, Fleece, All I was saying is that I think you're touting Earl on the wrong thread. The subject of this thread is Danny. For what it's worth.
Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Not that it matters Eric, I started the thread. For what it is worth. :-) <hr /></blockquote>

Not that it matters, Flees, what jackass titles a thread about one person as the subject and instead talks about someone else. For what it's worth :-)

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

LOL...great Friday humor.

To stay with one of the topics in this thread, I hope the deal works out and we get another movie out of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fleece3
04-08-2005, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

A beaten inferior mind will always resort to personal attacks, and insults.

First year psychology, for what its worth!!